Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Cutting switchbacks on popular trails is not cool, so I think it is good Anderson beat the record. Shortcuts high on the route? fine, but not on a well established trail.

disclaimer: I have no idea how established this trail is at the bottom, but it sounds like a real trail.

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

Quote Originally Posted by hutash View Post
    Cutting switchbacks on popular trails is not cool, so I think it is good Anderson beat the record. Shortcuts high on the route? fine, but not on a well established trail.

disclaimer: I have no idea how established this trail is at the bottom, but it sounds like a real trail.
    Really established, multiple signs telling you not to cut switchbacks.

So after setting a record on the grand the guy runs the pikes peak marathon.... Settin new record there.

While he is doing that, someone is beating his record on the grand.

Awesome.

Stravasshole?
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

some local needs to step the fuck up

So how are these verified?

Not that I doubt these athletes absolutely kill it, but is it kind of an honor system?

Impressive none the less as this former smoker would probably need an overnight trip.
    Live Free or Die

It's not official with out a drug test...fuckers probably chug EPO like PBR.

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

Quote Originally Posted by AdironRider View Post
    So how are these verified?
    but is it kind of an honor system?
    No. These "records" are meaningless. For every one of these idiots, there's countless runners or adventure athletes who also "kill it", but never promote. Really, how can there be "records" like this when there's no standards? This shit's gonna continue though, seeing how many of you lined up to suck Killian's dick when this was first posted. Please continue this activity.

Cutting switchbacks is pathetic. In 97, the leader at Hardrock 100 was pulled from the race for egregious switchback cutting. But the eventual co-winners doing the same fucking this, just not as blatantly. They were Brits, so it's not like they had any sense of self-worth anyway.
    Daniel Ortega eats here.

a trail or route is the only form of an established track on a mountain, or the constant. The runner is the variable and the time is what result we are all interested in.

Quote Originally Posted by Sluffy View Post
    a trail or route is the only form of an established track on a mountain, or the constant.
    Sincerely,

The Weather
    Daniel Ortega eats here.