Telluride riding?

Looking for suggestions for some good trail rides around t-ride. Not so much the 5 hr range, but 2-3 would be sweet.

Any fun super d type stuff off the gondy?

Thanks!

The bike park off the gondola was fun. I only got two laps before the rain hit. I have never ridden lift served riding before so I don't know how it compares to others.

What, you got got magic ribz or something?
    Besides the comet that killed the dinosaurs nothing has destroyed a species faster than entitled white people.-ajp

Alta Lakes to T-35. Ask around town for better directions but basically you start at the gondi, climb for about an hour downhill for an hour and then climb back into town on the road.

Quote Originally Posted by kidwoo View Post
    What, you got got magic ribz or something?
    We are ranch sitting for a friend for the week, wifey needs some bicycle riding. She said, " you can can just sit at a bar for a few hours, and I'll go ride.". Deal.

I did bring my bike, maybe pedal some dirt roads on the Mesa in a few days....I felt weird not bringing it.

Are you in T-ride this weekend? I'll be down there for the race, got a nifty ride in mind...
    The older I get, the faster I was.

Punch it, Chewie.

Damn he seems cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Full Trucker View Post
    ... got a nifty ride in mind...
    du tell

I recall reading about a sweet ride that you start from the top of the gondola, climb, and drop into Bear Creek and out. but I don't remember the name.

There are a lot of resources in town re good rides, that's where I read about it (in a free rag or guide), then I googled and it sounded like the tits. But I don't remember the name.

Edit: this describes the ride I heard about but didn't get a chance to do: http://forums.mtbr.com/colorado-west...ap-641843.html
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

I did a nice little ride from mill creek to town on the south side of the road, loop may be possible but I used the road to get to the trail. also isn't there a single track network down to ilium road?
    looking for a good book? check out mine! as fast as it is gone

Have Troy take her on the ride he did with Smurf and I involving the gondola,papa smurf and t35. Most worthy.
    I live, I love, I slay. I am content.-conan the barbarian

in the middle of a Norman Rockwell painting
    listen to fulltrucker. it is the ride danno is thinking about. nellie mine trail. pretty sick hour hike-a-bike to just below the top of the gold hill lift. find signed nellie mine trail on your left (east), take single track across revelation bowl and then begin the hands-down titsyest 4,000 descent in to town you will ever ride.

gondy -> ride across the mountain -> connect with papa smurf -> alta lakes trail network (it is super easy to get lost in this part on one of the 423 trail junctions and spurs) -> sick descent to the road, cross the road and shred T35 down to the bottom of the Illium valley. turn right on the main dirt road you pop out on, ride a few miles and then turn right on the galloping goose trail and climb a mellow 3% grade back up to the valley floor, cross the valley floor and you are back in town. +/- 35 miles. sick, but lots of ways to get lost if you are just bluffing your way through it.

If you want a big climb and good singletrack, head out of town on the highway bike path. When you pass Brown homestead and the gas station on the middle of the spur, turn right (south) on mill creek road. climb up the road to the first hard right hand switchback, where you will see a trail heading up on the left with a sign that says Eider creek. Suffer up the eider creek trail until it comes to a T.turn right and pedal, pedal, pedal along a nice singletrack that follows the terrain contours for a while before turning right and heading downhill on any of a few trails, all of which will wind back down to the valley floor and town. If you do this, you will likely descend the Jud Weibe trail, which is very popular with hikers, so watch out and try not to kill anyone. personally, this would be my last choice.
    Last edited by reidhresko; 08-08-2012 at 10:09 AM.

the riding from town up across the road from the resort below sneffels and all along the mountainside is pretty awesome. went up through some swanky development to access the trail.

loved t-ride area for riding.

rog

I did that last ride reidhresko listed on his rec about 5 years ago. It was gorgeous, solid climb.

Wasach conector is sick. If you ride up from the top of 5 its a good climb with only 10-15 minute hike a bike.
    Eider creek(ignore pp sign and stay strait) is the best 2 hour ride around. Its a stiff climb to a great decent.
    Alta t35 ia a great ride but its slightly confusing to explain but in reality many of the trail in alta lead to the same area and you can follow the road well traveled and make it to t35 fine.
    Feel free to stop by the Camels Garden Hotel(base of gondola in town for more info(ask for me Mike but Matt knows his way around too)

Quote Originally Posted by reidhresko View Post
    nellie mine trail. pretty sick hour hike-a-bike to just below the top of the gold hill lift. find signed nellie mine trail on your left (east), take single track across revelation bowl and then begin the hands-down titsyest 4,000 descent in to town you will ever ride.
    Did this over the weekend. So dope. Thanks for the heads up on this man, it was quite the day to knock this out in the a.m. back in to town, then hit a bike park lap to Jurassic to T-ride brewery then back to camp on Ilium Road. I know you saw the pics on FB but here's one for the unwashed masses, taken just after traversing Revelation Bowl and getting ready to get multiple thousands of vertical sorts of rowdy:

Also that shit through Alta Lakes area to T-35 blew my fucking mind once we figured it out. A definite must-do hands down.

Punch it, Chewie.

Damn he seems cool.

t-ride-ing ftw!!!

rog

Saw your pics on FB. Nice work.

Quote Originally Posted by hev View Post
    Saw your pics on FB. Nice work.
    Yeah man, super cool trail. The pics my buddy Mike got on Wasatch are way better than mine. Included below for ya'll:

Punch it, Chewie.

Damn he seems cool.

Oh damn! Might have to do that soon! Mind emailing me lessons learned on the route finding FT? Sounded like Jason had a good time out there on T35 as well.