Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by grskier View Post
    We have the 2 high societies. We burned out an airpump last year that was single stage, so we're in the market for a double stage, may look at the rechargeable ones though for alpine laking.
    there ya go ^^ pump burnout is a real thing

usually i transport mine inflated in the back of the PU, one big snow year i left it in a snow bank all winter but I never needed to add air, just pump it up once & leave it aired up all season,

wearing the dry suit I maybe get in a really cold last paddle before the lake ices up then I deflate/stow in the gear room AKA the living room
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

I've been thinking about picking up a couple boards for a few years now. The small Ace hardware near our cabin is closing out some boards. The brand is Bote.

https://www.boteboard.com/

They look to be pretty nice. But I'm a newb on these things. Played around with one on a trip to Hawaii a couple years ago but that's all I've been on one.

They have both inflatable and hardboard styles. I'm leaning towards the hard board and the bug slinger model as I would like something stable that I can throw poppers with my fly rod to the small bass and sunfish around here in Northern UT.

I would go with the 12 ft for my fat ass and either a 10'6" or a whole different style for the rest of the family.

Anybody have experience with this brand? Inflatable styles would be nice to transport but in reality I would never deflate except for storage. I'm concerned with the durability of the inflatables. Have had family members with cheaper inflatables that have had problems.
    I'd rather die while I'm living then live while I'm dead

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    Quote Originally Posted by UTpowder View Post
    I've been thinking about picking up a couple boards for a few years now. The small Ace hardware near our cabin is closing out some boards. The brand is Bote.

https://www.boteboard.com/

They look to be pretty nice. But I'm a newb on these things. Played around with one on a trip to Hawaii a couple years ago but that's all I've been on one.

They have both inflatable and hardboard styles. I'm leaning towards the hard board and the bug slinger model as I would like something stable that I can throw poppers with my fly rod to the small bass and sunfish around here in Northern UT.

I would go with the 12 ft for my fat ass and either a 10'6" or a whole different style for the rest of the family.

Anybody have experience with this brand? Inflatable styles would be nice to transport but in reality I would never deflate except for storage. I'm concerned with the durability of the inflatables. Have had family members with cheaper inflatables that have had problems.
    i put a good 30-40 days on the 12'4 king kamehameha rackham areo inflatable bug slinger without much issues

its big but stable as fuck and will take its loaded weight well

it handles chop/ waves well but about 10mph of wind and the upwind goin can git tough
    the 3 peice paddles = meh
    i couldnt imagine dealing with a hard deck that large
    i think im gonna add a flat top 11'6
    https://www.boteboard.com/collection...e-paddle-board
    to the quiver as the racks and accessories are interchangeable but not cheap
    and a little smaller and lighter plus the air friendly travel size wouldnt hurt
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Quote Originally Posted by UTpowder View Post
    I'm concerned with the durability of the inflatables. Have had family members with cheaper inflatables that have had problems.
    Red paddle used to or still has hiding on their site a vid of throwing the boards off a 2 story building and driving over them with a construction forklift, inflatables are pretty bomber while hard boards get damaged in transit so I use my inflatebale to cushion a hard board from the tailgate of my PU

I fix hardboard dings by dabbing a little 2 part on the boo-boo and taping a piece of plastic bag over it for a smoove finish without sanding

I think the key words there were “cheaper inflatables”, so yeah. Take care of them and float just on the lake and probably fine. But if you want to be able to toss them around like we do and maybe get into some rapids, spend the extra money for a good inflatable.

No experience with Bote. We own inflatable boards from Red Paddle Co and HALA. Both products are bomber.

3 Hala boards here as well. Wife had an issue with hers just out of warranty but their deal and they came through fully. Absolutely fantastic CS.

Thanks guys, I've checked out Red and Hala and was considering going with them. I just saw the Bote boards while wandering around the new Ace hardware shop at the lake. It looked like prices were about 50% retail which I thought was pretty good for this time of year. Last years models I think.

I agree the key words are "cheaper inflatables". Have a couple of family members that are only concerned with price, and end up replacing things several times. I'm kind of opposite. Of course I want a good price but am more then willing to pay for quality. I'm too old to screw around with inferior products.

[QUOTE=skifishbum;6582259]i

Hey skifishbum is this pic taken in Cache Valley? It looks like the exact same spot that I would like to start fishing from an SUP.

I stopped by the Hala shop one day and they had demos for sale there for like $500- $700 which seemed real reasonable.

Maybe check out anywhere that would have a fleet to sell off.

we got a Costco "Jimmy Styks" brand inflatable a few yrs ago and it's held up remarkably well
    We also have a "Bote" hard/ non inflatable sup which has served us well
    The inflatables are a bit less responsive, but it works just fine - I make my husband take that one :P
    skid luxury

Still love my Isle inflatable. Has held up great. Here it is in Mexico.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1648777438.375047.jpg 
Views:	82 
Size:	946.0 KB 
ID:	411560

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    "boobs just make the world better really" - Woodsy

so iI found the video of redpaddle abusing an inflatable, it was hidden on page 2 of this thread

https://red-equipment.ca/pages/made-of-tough-stuff

Picking a Stand Up Paddleboard, need SUP Help!

Red makes awesome boards. Inflate to high pressures for stiffness and last a long time. I've had multiple Red boards and have taken them all over. They are great. The only others I have personal experience with are NRS- first generation boards didn't hold up but seem better now.

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzworthy View Post
    Still love my Isle inflatable. Has held up great. Here it is in Mexico.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1648777438.375047.jpg 
Views:	82 
Size:	946.0 KB 
ID:	411560

I have an Isle as well and it has been solid even when paddling around with the dog on board. GF has a Tower. It’s a bit shorter and narrower than mine so a bit more responsive.

Local ace HW has retrospec weekender with 300# capacity for $430. Are there better options at this price point? For noodling around at local lakes/reservoirs. For myself and/or family.

Quote Originally Posted by thommy21 View Post
    I have an Isle as well and it has been solid even when paddling around with the dog on board. GF has a Tower. It’s a bit shorter and narrower than mine so a bit more responsive.
    I snapped a fin on my Isle a few years ago and they were doing so well no replacements to be had. Customer service guy said Tower used the same fitting on the fin so Tower hooked me up.
    I’ve had both but good vibes with these companies.

Quote Originally Posted by bodywhomper View Post
    Local ace HW has retrospec weekender with 300# capacity for $430. Are there better options at this price point? For noodling around at local lakes/reservoirs. For myself and/or family.
    You a Costco guy? Several iSUPs on sale now.

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzworthy View Post
    You a Costco guy? Several iSUPs on sale now.
    Thanks! I’ll check that out. We’d have to re-up our membership. It’s an hour drive from our house.

Jong question: I’m seeing shorter boards marketed for shorter people. 3/5 of my family is below 5’4” and 2 will always be that short. For bigger people to use that type of board, what’s the trade-off? My semi-educated self says that it’s a decrease in stability and maybe slower(?). What am I missing?

I’ve got a Rival Hala Nass for sale. If a maggot is interested let me know. Not totally stoked to ship it but I would I suppose. Located in Central Washington.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7110.JPG 
Views:	119 
Size:	230.2 KB 
ID:	417170

Name:	IMG_7111.JPG 
Views:	116 
Size:	273.8 KB 
ID:	417171

Quote Originally Posted by jackattack View Post
    I’ve got a Rival Hala Nass for sale. If a maggot is interested let me know. Not totally stoked to ship it but I would I suppose. Located in Central Washington.

Size? How much?

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    Size? How much?
    Pm’d

I’ve got a Nass. Mine isn’t rival though. Nice board, especially for flat water. Fast for a inflatable.

Quote Originally Posted by jackattack View Post

Inflatables are too wobbly for my size even if they’re rated for my weight.

Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post
    Inflatables are too wobbly for my size even if they’re rated for my weight.

You should try this one. We should go out this week it’s warming up.