Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    spook Guest
    the rest of the world would be a lot better off if there were fewer folks "cowboying the fuck up" in the u.s.

Quote Originally Posted by jfost View Post
    most of those guns were mfg'd/distributed/sold LEGALLY first though right? Reducing the overall number of guns should result in a reduction of "illegal" weapons available to criminals for use? Maybe??? not sure, but it seems logical
    So, by your "logic" we should ban prescription drugs and cars too? Because people steal prescription drugs and then sell them to people who OD. And people have died or been killed by stolen cars.

You really do live up to your sig.

The movie Guns in Theaters seems to be a popular showing as of late.

http://www.cnn.com/2012/08/09/justic...html?hpt=hp_t1

and anyone regularly using the phrase "cowboy the fuck up" in their vernacular is both a pussy and a fag. Pussyfag.
    Move upside and let the man go through...

Quote Originally Posted by telebobski View Post
    So, by your "logic" we should ban prescription drugs and cars too? Because people steal prescription drugs and then sell them to people who OD. And people have died or been killed by stolen cars.

You really do live up to your sig.
    wtf? did you just buy a new 'jump to conclusions' mat? This is just the type of response that makes it difficult to discuss ways to potentially reduce gun violence.

anyway, I thought we were having an honest discussion?!? I am only pointing out that the argument that if we ban guns only criminals will have (presumably illegal) guns is a bit problematic, at least WRT the long run as espoused by SSD...

why don't you reload and try again. (to be fair I did read the rest of your posts and see that you are pretty balanced on this issue)

jer, you are the alpha dog! I still got love for your labial labels!
    ... jfost is really ignorant, he often just needs simple facts laid out for him...

wtf? did you just buy a new 'jump to conclusions' mat? This is just the type of response that makes it difficult to discuss ways to potentially reduce gun violence.

anyway, I thought we were having an honest discussion?!? I am only pointing out that the argument that if we ban guns only criminals will have (presumably illegal) guns is a bit problematic, at least WRT the long run as espoused by SSD...

why don't you reload and try again. (to be fair I did read the rest of your posts and see that you are pretty balanced on this issue)

Just pointing out the lack of logic in your thinking.

If you really want to have a rational discussion, then describe your ideas for how you are gonna get all of these killing implements out of people's hands without banning their purchase by law abiding citizens.

Just pointing out the lack of logic in your thinking.

If you really want to have a rational discussion, then describe your ideas for how you are gonna get all of these killing implements out of people's hands without banning their purchase by law abiding citizens.
    1) you know it's not the same thing, I know it's not the same thing, and worse, you know I know it's not the same thing - yet you keep up with those tired old missives... "why aren't you railing against automobiles/sewing machines/cheeze-its? they kill FAR more people than guns every year"

can you think of any reasons why Rx drugs and cars are different than guns?

2) no, YOU prove to me that it can't be done!
    ... jfost is really ignorant, he often just needs simple facts laid out for him...

spook Guest

boobski's a bit of an extremist.

1) you know it's not the same thing, I know it's not the same thing, and worse, you know I know it's not the same thing - yet you keep up with those tired old missives... "why aren't you railing against automobiles/sewing machines/cheeze-its? they kill FAR more people than guns every year"

can you think of any reasons why Rx drugs and cars are different than guns?

2) no, YOU prove to me that it can't be done!
    Spoken like spook. You two must be related

we are co-aliai.

spook Guest
    interpreted like a boobski.

spook Guest
    we are co-aliai.
    goddamnit you know i prefer aliases.

Quote Originally Posted by spook View Post
    goddamnit you know i prefer aliases.
    you already told me inside my own head!

Quote Originally Posted by Mofro261 View Post
    and anyone regularly using the phrase "cowboy the fuck up" in their vernacular is both a pussy and a fag. Pussyfag.
    Jer = YMCA cowboy

Bring back the tags!
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

the rest of the world would be a lot better off if there were fewer folks "cowboying the fuck up" in the u.s.
    I think you are misunderstanding the whole concept of "Cowboy the fuck up". The problem with the US is that not anywhere near enough people are willing to cowboy the fuck up.

Little known fact - the policeman wasn't actually gay.

Quote Originally Posted by Jer View Post
    ...The problem with the US is that not anywhere near enough people are willing to cowboy the fuck up. ...
    the gun violence problem began when people misinterpreted it as "fuck the cowboy up", and has gone downhill from there...

spook Guest
    I think you are misunderstanding the whole concept of "Cowboy the fuck up". The problem with the US is that not anywhere near enough people are willing to cowboy the fuck up.

Little known fact - the policeman wasn't actually gay.
    i'm interpreting it like i see the vast majority of faux cowboy faux country music loving dumbshits around here mean it. get faux tough and take it out on somebody. a huge part of the rest of the world's problem is this hollywood notion of being the tough guy, which we can't possibly be because we're the fattest most ignorant nation on the planet, so we have this unsettling cognitive dissonance thing going on which leads to subconscious insecurity and obsession with the penis which leads to anger which leads to fear which leads to paranoia which leads to absurd overcompensation which leads to a police state at home and bombs dropping abroad. and then we lie about it because we are insane and nobody, save perhaps the chinese , can do anything about it. and if anybody tries to talk sense into us we threaten them with bombs or a game of chicken in which we make sure we will take everybody down with us because a world without the u.s. destroying it isn't worth having.

that's what cowboy the fuck up means to me. no offense but it's one of the most idiotic sentiments known to man.

^well, that and the whole gangsta thug wanna be's, but yeah, that's a big part of the problem along with willful ignorance of all the afore mentioned.
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovetoskiatalta View Post
    Dude its losers like you that give ski bums a bad rap.

i'm interpreting it like i see the vast majority of faux cowboy faux country music loving dumbshits around here mean it. get faux tough and take it out on somebody. a huge part of the rest of the world's problem is this hollywood notion of being the tough guy, which we can't possibly be because we're the fattest most ignorant nation on the planet, so we have this unsettling cognitive dissonance thing going on which leads to subconscious insecurity and obsession with the penis which leads to anger which leads to fear which leads to paranoia which leads to absurd overcompensation which leads to a police state at home and bombs dropping abroad. and then we lie about it because we are insane and nobody, save perhaps the chinese , can do anything about it. and if anybody tries to talk sense into us we threaten them with bombs or a game of chicken in which we make sure we will take everybody down with us because a world without the u.s. destroying it isn't worth having.

that's what cowboy the fuck up means to me. no offense but it's one of the most idiotic sentiments known to man.

Ho lee she hit. Ima go back to cut & pasting Wiki articles on various neurosis.

Shit - my sled broke down out here in the middle of nowhere and it's blizzarding out. Let's see - I could sit here and feel sorry for myself or I could pray to Jesus to send me a unicorn to ride back to civilization, or I could COWBOY THE FUCK UP and start hiking - maybe I'll make it back before seccumbing to hypothermia.

spook - Cowboy the fuck up is all about accepting reality and doing what needs to be done - regardless of if it's unpleasant or scawey or whatever. It's not about how America sucks or that your parents didn't raise you right. At least to me it's not.

Shit - my sled broke down out here in the middle of nowhere and it's blizzarding out. Let's see - I could sit here and feel sorry for myself or I could pray to Jesus to send me a unicorn to ride back to civilization, or I could COWBOY THE FUCK UP and start hiking - maybe I'll make it back before seccumbing to hypothermia.

spook - Cowboy the fuck up is all about accepting reality and doing what needs to be done - regardless of if it's unpleasant or scawey or whatever. It's not about how America sucks or that your parents didn't raise you right. At least to me it's not.
    Oh, you mean sack up. I get it now. Cowboy thing kind of threw me. Carry on.
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovetoskiatalta View Post
    Dude its losers like you that give ski bums a bad rap.

spook Guest

haha. i could take suck it up seriously. or toughen up. or deal with it. or probably just about any other means of saying what you mean, but i can't possibly take cowboy the fuck up seriously. maybe you don't have a bunch of faux cowboys where you are driving around in their jacked up pickups because they don't have an actual farm to use it on. here they have cowboy up stickers on their rear cab windows. they remind me of those stupid no fear stickers. the people who have them are morons. they like to go line dancing to music that is an abomination. if i'm trying to make it off cotopaxi in a blizzard before i die i don't think "cowboy the fuck up, dude." maybe i should. the giggles might help relieve some tension.

Quote Originally Posted by bendtheski View Post
    Oh, you mean sack up. I get it now. Cowboy thing kind of threw me. Carry on.
    In Oz they say "Haahden the fuck up!"

the giggles might help relieve some tension.
    One of Jer's Rules that I actually got from my Uncle is "A good sense of humor will get you through some really bad shit".

Or as Perry Farrel sang: "When you laugh they can't kill ya".

Around here the new vinyl truck window sticker thing are these "In Memory Of..." stickers. Like a grave stone on your back window. Like some anonymous douchebag behind you actually cares about your dead cousin or whatever....

....cowboy the fuck up.

Tipp:

Using terms spook can understand, it means Stop Being a Faggot!

spook Guest
    Using terms spook can understand, it means Stop Being a Faggot!
    i think what you really means is "terms that boobski can use given his limited vocabulary."