Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyCarter View Post
    From the past week:

At 1:35 p.m., a suspicious auto was reported on Ross Drive. The driver turned out to be waiting for his mother.
    At 6:34 p.m., a storm drain was reported out of place on Salem Street.
    At 7:19 a.m., a caller reported that a large tractor trailer unit ran over her lawn and her neighbor's lawn. An officer spoke with the involved parties.
    At 11:22 a.m., a suspicious auto was reported on Locksley Road. It turned out to be a contractor at work.
    At 3:34 p.m., an odor of gas was reported in a home on Pillings Pond Lane.
    At 3:32 p.m., a Pond View Lane resident reported four cords of wood stolen from his property and requested extra patrols.
    At 7:56 p.m. a caller said that a child appeared to be alone in a car in the Christmas Tree Shop parking lot. The child's father turned out to be in the car with him.
    You live in Southie or the Regular Part of the 'Field?
    I grew up off Chesnut St....

Saw this on the news last night.

July 30 – Just after 5 p.m., a young man wearing a gray T-shirt and black pants strode into the Wheelworks store on Trapelo and promptly took down a black-and-red Specialized "Hard Rock" mountain bike worth $639 that was located next to the front door and ... voom! Like a rat out of an aqueduct, he was gone with the bike before employees had a chance to organize a chase. Now you would expect that would have be the end of this illegal venture, but, no. Apparently the successful thief realized that he needed to protect his ill-gotten gain. So 40 minutes after taking the cycle, he came back to the same bike store. An employee recognized the man immediately and came up to him asking how he could help him. The thief – wearing the exact same outfit – said he was looking for good bicycle lock. But by then, even the thief realized that returning to the scene of the crime was not the brightest of moves and proceeded to head for the door. But now employees were on his tail and police were close at hand. After getting out the store at a fast walk, the thief upped his pace to a trot and then a flat-out sprint through the Shaw's parking lot and onto the commuter rail tracks where he made a successful escape ... for now. Police are viewing the store's surveillance tapes and are actively investigating the case.

The video is classic. It isn't a shitty security camera either, this dudes face is clear as day.
    Brought to you by Carl's Jr.

“I have a responsibility to not be intimidated and bullied by low life losers who abuse what little power is granted to them as ski patrollers.”

Quote Originally Posted by Sagamoron View Post
    You live in Southie or the Regular Part of the 'Field?
    I grew up off Chesnut St....
    I'm a quick walk from the 9th green at Reedy - still havent figured out whether that's south or proper. I'm a south shore convert, it's taking some time to adjust.

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyCarter View Post
    I'm a quick walk from the 9th green at Reedy - still havent figured out whether that's south or proper. I'm a south shore convert, it's taking some time to adjust.
    Southie kids go to Huckleberry. Summer St is proper.

Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post
    Woman gets DWI charge while filing police report:
    http://www.santafenewmexican.com/Local%20News/081012DWI
    I knew a guy that got a dui by crashing his car on his way to a hearing for his dui 2 weeks prior.
    Brought to you by Carl's Jr.

This is some of the quality people that live around me..

http://www.norwalkreflector.com/cont...ve-cocaine-buy

Every once in a while, a drug case gets handed to an investigator.

That happened recently to Norwalk Police Detective Sgt. Jim Fulton -- literally. He was off-duty at home Aug. 2 when he got a call from Norwalk resident Todd A. Ludington, 44.

"He called my cell phone," Fulton said.

"He didn't know he was talking to me. ... He was so drunk he didn't realize who he was calling," he added.

Ludington reportedly asked the detective if he could buy $100 worth of cocaine or about 1 gram. Fulton said Ludington gave him his first name and requested they meet outside of a local residence.

Instead, Fulton said he'd rather meet Ludington at the parking lot of Gardner's SuperValu, 117 Whittlesey Ave. The suspect reportedly agreed to do so; Fulton said he set up the meeting for about 30 minutes after the call.

"He said he'd be on a bicycle," the detective said.

Fulton arrived and waited for the suspect. Capt. Eric Hipp and Detective Sgt. Seth Fry were nearby, also watching for Ludington.

The suspect arrived on a bicycle and began looking around. Fulton said Ludington approached him because they recognized each other from previous interactions and Ludington attempted to ride away, but Fulton blocked him with his vehicle.

"Fulton was able to maneuver his vehicle in front of him. There was no foot pursuit," Norwalk Assistant Law Director Scott Christophel said.

Ludington was arrested without further incident.

"He had $106 on his person when he was arrested," said Christophel, who like Fulton, believes the phone call was accidental.

Ludington was charged with attempted possession of cocaine. The first-degree misdemeanor is punishable by up to six months in jail and a maximum fine of $1,000.

Currently, Ludington is serving a 10-day sentence at the Huron County Jail for four unrelated contempt of court charges.