Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

PLAYING TOMORROW, TUESDAY 9/25, IN SF. 8PM START.

SUPERHEROES OF STOKE is playing at the Place of Fine Arts in SF tomorrow Tuesday 9/25. Doors at 7, movie at 8.
    $15 plus fees.

Doesn't look like many Maggs are Stoked about going...even though it's a kick-ass trailer!

Me & Cinders and the_immaculateDeception should be there (got tix). Anyone else????
    (Also posted up in the Tahoe thread).
    I expect 666 to show...it'd be nice if AlkaSquawlik was there...Punani??

...Remember, those who think Global Warming is Fake, also think that Adam & Eve were Real...

Just got this in the mail yesterday and watched it. I'll need to watch it again sober to tell for sure, but it may be my new favorite flick. Every segment was absolutely fucking solid. Nice work MSP.
    All I know is that I don't know nothin'... and that's fine.

Buddy of mine just got his blu-ray in the mail, can't wait to check it out.
    ((. The joy I get from skiing...
    .))
    ((. That's worth living for.
    .))

Watched it 3 times on ITunes now. Amazing.

Bumping this because I finally watched the production version and is it just me or did they change the song for Permin's part (the opener) since I saw it in the theatre a month ago? I thought it was a Metallica song and they switched it to something else. Might there have been a music rights issue delaying this release, perchance?

Quote Originally Posted by JD May View Post
    Bumping this because I finally watched the production version and is it just me or did they change the song for Permin's part (the opener) since I saw it in the theatre a month ago? I thought it was a Metallica song and they switched it to something else. Might there have been a music rights issue delaying this release, perchance?
    Yep, it's now Mountain Song by Jane's Addiction (which I think MSP or someone has used in the past?). Maybe that is one of the reasons the Blu-ray/DVD was delayed so long.

Have to say though, really enjoyed this movie. Permin for skier of the year for that segment. Chatter Creek for powder segment of the year. Hoji killed it in the finale as well. Also the tribute segment to those lost as well done.

Hoji's whistler segment was sick. I also noticed the use of Jane's Addiction instead of Metallic. Now I'm curious which Metallica song they used originally...

Quote Originally Posted by gramboh View Post
    Yep, it's now Mountain Song by Jane's Addiction (which I think MSP or someone has used in the past?). Maybe that is one of the reasons the Blu-ray/DVD was delayed so long.

Have to say though, really enjoyed this movie. Permin for skier of the year for that segment. Chatter Creek for powder segment of the year. Hoji killed it in the finale as well. Also the tribute segment to those lost as well done.
    I've been hearing that song in my head while at the office. It really fit well with an amazing segment, although I'm sure Metallica was awesome too.

Permin for skier of the year, pending my seeing Few Words.
    "Have you ever seen a monk get wildly fucked by a bunch of teenage girls?" "No" "Then forget the monastery."

"You ever hear of a little show called branded? Arthur Digby Sellers wrote 156 episodes. Not exactly a lightweight." Walter Sobcheck.

"I didn't have a grandfather on the board of some fancy college. Key word being was. Did he touch the Filipino exchange student? Did he not touch the Filipino exchange student? I don't know Brooke, I wasn't there."

spook Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by f2f View Post
    the fact that there are less than 10 people stoked about skiing on this board makes me very, very sad. i guess the only thing i can say is:

go spook!
    and i, too, congratulate you, good sir, for finally posting something ski-related in august no less, in lieu of the usual vomitus reddit.

spook Guest
    also, when is jumping off enormous man-made jumps at a resort going to be as boring to everybody else as it is to me? i'm sure it's a blast to do but my eyes roll up inside my head every time i see it in a movie.