Frame dent, should I worry?

The wife shows up home after a ride the other day with a dent on her down tube. She can get into it and has come back bloody from many rides. Anyway, it's a Rocky Mountain ETSX. Dent is on the right side, about 2 inches above the water bottle cage, an inch in diameter, goes in about a quarter inch. There are 2 easily visible creases, each about a half inch long on the outside of said dent. What I would like to tell her is that a panel of experts on the Internet say its trash, I will gladly give her my rocky ETSX (she absolutely loves the ride) and I move on with a brand new bike. But, really, should the dent and creases cause me to worry? Our luck dictates she will be impaled on her down tube within a week...
    You ask me why I make my home in the mountain forest, and I smile, and am silent, even my soul remains quiet: it lives in the other world which no one owns. The peach trees blossom. The water flows.
    ---Li Po

Buy HER a new bike and keep yours. She's earned it!

Not an expert here and it's tougher to say without pics but it sounds pretty bad.
    There's nothing better than sliding down snow, and flying through the air

^^^ agreed on all counts. Sounds potentially bad, but it's at least not in a super high stress area. Assuming that bike doesn't see a whole lot of airtime or high speed chunder, I'd probably finish out the season on it and then replace.

get her a new bike you tight wad, no wonder she's shagging someone else, bt

In between the shouts of "Oh Benny, Oh.....Benny!", she has whispered to me that she desires a new bike, so, do me a favor and buy her one so I don't have to.

creases are generally bad. tough call with no pics. if it were mine, id prolly keep riding it, and keep an eye on things. if the paint starts cracking that can tell you the metal is cracking, also if any new creaking arises, that too is a bad sign.

I have a deep dent on my downtube, right near the bottom bracket from who knows what.
    Every once in a while I check to make sure it's not getting any bigger.
    It's not getting any bigger.
    see: reasons I don't ride carbon.
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

put a band aid on it with some antiseptic cream hopefully it will be ok

What's wrong with you guys?!

Naked pic's of wife first.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    I have a deep dent on my downtube, right near the bottom bracket from who knows what.
    Every once in a while I check to make sure it's not getting any bigger.
    It's not getting any bigger.
    see: reasons I don't ride carbon.
    because if you has a carbon bike, there wouldnt be a dent there in the first place?

After a call to Rocky Mountain customer service, they were able to locate a front triangle, unpainted and unused for her bike. Pretty sweet considering its a 2005 model. Once shes done riding Benny she'll be able to have her old bike back. Yay.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using TGR Forums
    You ask me why I make my home in the mountain forest, and I smile, and am silent, even my soul remains quiet: it lives in the other world which no one owns. The peach trees blossom. The water flows.
    ---Li Po