Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by AltaPowderDaze
    did they have freerides or salomons?
    that i don't know

ph, were they in the air when you saw them?

Quote Originally Posted by splat
    Thought I'd spruce this thread up with some proper sightings.
    Didn't even need a pie plate to hide my face ...

Quote Originally Posted by powderhound
    I saw a pair airing out at the bird today!
    Could have been mine... Solly 914's? Guy in Blue Jacket/black pants/Black Fullface?

Magoo just sent me this shot. I don't want to steal his thunder, as he's going to post it with a review of his Bros -but it was such a kill shot I wanted to throw it in here.............

PM gear pole sightings

Avoid employing unlucky people - throw half of the pile of resume's in the bin without reading them.

Nice shot Magoo!
    For anyone who hasn't met him, the guy frickin rips...

pretty hard for an old guy.

I keep seeing this yahoo on the bro's too.

I'm not sure why he still has those silly bindings on them.

They seem to work for him though.

He seems to be a bit of a lush.

Caught him hiding out behind a tree.

And then he tried to run me down.

Quote Originally Posted by AltaPowderDaze
    ph, were they in the air when you saw them?
    yupper, such a sweet site. A pack of some rippers came down and dropped some cliffs, the ones between Gadzoom lift and Carbonate. From my perspective I couldn't see where the Bros dropped in from, but the other guys dropped in a cool spot I never considered.

Quote Originally Posted by powderhound
    yupper, such a sweet site. A pack of some rippers came down and dropped some cliffs, the ones between Gadzoom lift and Carbonate. From my perspective I couldn't see where the Bros dropped in from, but the other guys dropped in a cool spot I never considered.

i don't think i made it over that far yesterday. i did ride with several groups and droped most everything in sight but my cliffs were limited to under 25' yesterday. i was mostly on baldy and the cirque. i did however watch pierre go into an epileptic seizure after a nasty hit. he went much bigger than i am willing to go. i have to say that i felt funny taking air after watching that.

Quote Originally Posted by splat
    Magoo just sent me this shot. I don't want to steal his thunder, as he's going to post it with a review of his Bros -but it was such a kill shot I wanted to throw it in here.............
    No problem splat. Actually, thanks for posting it for me... I'm a photo jong and still need to learn how to resize, etc. It might have been a while before I got that onto the board.
    As soon as I get caught up at work (ugh!), I'll post some ramblings about my trip(s). Short version is: Alta, new Bros, str8line camp, Jackson Hole, work a week, Reno, meet splat, Squaw, Kirkwood, Mammoth.
    Quote Originally Posted by natty dread
    Nice shot Magoo!
    ...pretty hard for an old guy.
    Thanks for the kind words natty. It was good to meet you, and it was fun making some turns with ya. I'm glad I was able to keep up... hope to be able to meet up and ski with more maggots in the future!
    Last edited by Magoo; 02-16-2005 at 10:24 PM.
    "But I don't want to go among mad people," said Alice. "Oh, you can't help that," said the cat. "We're all mad here."

Quote Originally Posted by Magoo
    It was good to meet you, and it was fun making some turns with ya. I'm glad I was able to keep up... hope to be able to meet up and ski with more maggots in the future!
    Keep up my ass, if I wasn't careful you'd have dusted me. Thanks for the pitcher in the GMD brutha!

Quote Originally Posted by Svengali
    akpm wrote: "I really really really wish I had $500"
    Sell your computer!! maybe someone here will trade a pair ?
    alright how bout $500 for an iMac
    Its not that I suck at spelling, its that I just don't care

Quote Originally Posted by ak_powder_monkey
    alright how bout $500 for an iMac
    Will it stop you posting?
    Avoid employing unlucky people - throw half of the pile of resume's in the bin without reading them.

.. with Mt Yotei in the background.
    Last edited by doofdoof; 02-17-2005 at 06:40 PM.

doofdoof, where's the Yeti?

Quote Originally Posted by powder11
    Bro model sighting!
    Indeed...

BobMc

Saw a pair being carried at Solitude. I was standing at The Inn talking to Woodsy when this guy (a friend of Splats?) came walking up - first thing that caught my eye were the skis. T'was my first live sighting of the bodacious boards - nice stix.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

You know you are supposed to wax those like nine time before you ski them.

Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles
    You know you are supposed to wax those like nine time before you ski them.

Wax??? What the hell is that?

BobMc

Quote Originally Posted by KQ
    Saw a pair being carried at Solitude. I was standing at The Inn talking to Woodsy when this guy (a friend of Splats?) came walking up - first thing that caught my eye were the skis. T'was my first live sighting of the bodacious boards - nice stix.
    Twas Ronald Plummer.

Quote Originally Posted by BobMc
    Indeed...

BobMc
    We'll try to get you two that are the same size next time Bob.

some dudes from prior snowboards in whistler were demoing some skis on the mtn yesterday that looked vaguely familar in size and shape. i mentioned the bromodel and they said any snowboard co is going to make a burly ski. i went to their website http://www.priorskis.com/ and saw they have made a similar ski as the bro-model, but double the price! any chance for a longer bromodel next season? will maggots still get a bro-deal pricewise? the stoke on this new ski phenom is unbelievable!
    Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature... Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing. -Helen Keller

Quote Originally Posted by powder11
    some dudes from prior snowboards in whistler were demoing some skis on the mtn yesterday that looked vaguely familar in size and shape. i mentioned the bromodel and they said any snowboard co is going to make a burly ski. i went to their website http://www.priorskis.com/ and saw they have made a similar ski as the bro-model, but double the price! any chance for a longer bromodel next season? will maggots still get a bro-deal pricewise? the stoke on this new ski phenom is unbelievable!
    Yeah, we kinda underpriced the ski because we needed the help of the brotherhood to pull it off and couldn't think of better people to turn onto the Bros at a killer intro price. Its an $800 ski - easily.

We'll see what next year will bring -certainly more Bros. And hopefully more sizes. We're putting a new mold in the press in the next couple days and pressing out the rest of the batch. Once the backorders are filled for the people here, we'll be looking forward. Looks like there will be few pair left over for sale after the PM Gear owners get theirs, then we'll start fresh again.