Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

More Ticketmaster bs

This "VIP" experience bullsh*t is getting out of control. I was looking for tickets for The Who. .... Let's see, if you would like to sit anywheres in the first 30-40 rows anywheres on the perimeter of the stage (maybe a SLIGHT exaggeration, for now), you have so many excellent options now.

"offer # 1..... The "Signature VIP experience"
    "offer # 2 .....The "Ultimate VIP experience"
    "offer # 3 .....The "Diamond VIP experience"
    "offer # 4 .....The "Emerald VIP experience"
    "offer # 5 .....The "Saphire VIP experience"

Also "Official Platinum seats"

Amex member presale.
    Chase member presale.
    Fan club (paid) member presale.

Anyone of the offers can be had for just $250.00 - $750.00+ per ticket.

The braintrust at Live nation and Ticketmaster couldn't (don't want to) figure out a way to keep scalping down so they have justified BECOMING the scalpers.

The hits just keep coming and coming.

doughboyshredder Guest
    Supply and demand. They finally figured out that if a scalper can get a grand for a ticket, so can they.

It sucks for those of us that can't / won't pay but oh well.

I think the Who would just be depressing in 2012.
    So, if you wanna pay $750 to be depressed, I'd recommend a trip to Moscow or something. Or maybe just Cheyenne.
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

Wondering what the bands cut is out of these packages?

I hate ticketmaster. That is all.

Boys, don't cry; Robert Smith stared down Ticketmaster as The Cure's fans complained that all the added fees were more than the tickets themselves.

https://qz.com/the-cure-ticketmaster...our-1850236246

Which made me think, I'm trying to nail down tickets for Dead & Co. and have found several at prices I'm ok with, but when I go to check out (ticketmaster verified resale, stubhub, etc.) they all have fees that are as much as the ticket themselves. I'm not paying $600 for a seat that has a $150 face and was doubled on resale (fine, supply/demand), and then doubled again with fees.
    I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    Boys, don't cry; Robert Smith stared down Ticketmaster as The Cure's fans complained that all the added fees were more than the tickets themselves.

https://qz.com/the-cure-ticketmaster...our-1850236246

Which made me think, I'm trying to nail down tickets for Dead & Co. and have found several at prices I'm ok with, but when I go to check out (ticketmaster verified resale, stubhub, etc.) they all have fees that are as much as the ticket themselves. I'm not paying $600 for a seat that has a $150 face and was doubled on resale (fine, supply/demand), and then doubled again with fees.

Check out TickPick.com. They have no fees. I have used them four or five times now, and although the price of the tickets are usually slightly higher than the other resellers, once you factor in no fees, it’s always been a better deal for me.

If I can't get a ticket at the right price by waiting until the last minute or just committing and going to the venue and looking for one in the lot the chances are I won't be seeing a bunch of stuff this summer. The costs are just out of hand and, IMO, not worth it.

I've had some ok luck for the past two shows I booked, by signing up via the artist presale. Its still ticketmaster bs, but its less terrible.

John Mayer Solo Tour, TD Garden March 13th, 2x nosebleed seats, face at 117.50, out the door for 291.25 with fees. Dead and Co, Fenway show this summer, section C7 on the field, face somewhere around 220 each, paid just over 500 with fees. I'm finding both the tickets jump way up in price and it feels like so do the fees if you wait. I've got to follow all these bands on IG to get on the presale lists, but it seems to shake out.

I miss my highschool days where I would go see Less Than Jake for like 12 bucks and if I was really lucky, score a ZJ in the parking lot.
    Live Free or Die

More Ticketmaster bs

The Ticketmaster monopoly fucking sucks and really needs some legal dismantling.

I was able to go to so many concerts in HS and College at totally reasonable prices. So much live music that teens today are missing out on unless they have very deep pocketed and generous parents. I don’t recall hardly ever having to get extra money for concerts that I wasn’t able to cover w an allowance and part time job. It just sucks all around

Quote Originally Posted by alias_rice View Post
    Check out TickPick.com. They have no fees. I have used them four or five times now, and although the price of the tickets are usually slightly higher than the other resellers, once you factor in no fees, it’s always been a better deal for me.
    Nice, I’ll give them a look. Thanks,
    I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by mcski View Post
    The Ticketmaster monopoly fucking sucks and really needs some legal dismantling.
    Yeah, wtf. I mentioned that to my wife this morning as she was talking about the Cure.

https://www.investopedia.com/is-tick...its%20platform

I’ve been refusing to pay ticket fees, etc. Clearly TM is the worst but they have given liberty to all sorts of venues to charge BS fees. A local theater now doesn’t have box office hours and instead require you to buy online which includes fees (from them, no third party).

I’ve been trying to avoid buying tickets to shows where I have to pay any fees. Luckily the big local promoter runs a club with a box office that I can go directly to in order to buy tickets to several venues.

It needs to come from more of the bigger name artists that have the power and money to push back. It's becoming an elitist outing, which is the polar opposite of what most artists would want imo. Just annoying.

https://youtu.be/WB5RZPCjaBM

Make no mistake, its ticket master driving this bs. They have a chokehold on tickets and venues and the artists really don’t have many if any options. Even all Robert Smith could squeeze was a measly 10 bucks back and he hates the Fuk out of this bs. It is making money but shutting out so many people. Bring back having to line the fuck up outside of tower records if you want a ticket

Quote Originally Posted by mcski View Post
    Make no mistake, its ticket master driving this bs.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1679180278.067358.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	96.4 KB 
ID:	452376

Time for the rest of you to start voting for your own Bernie. Shit has to change.

Quote Originally Posted by Peruvian View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1679180278.067358.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	96.4 KB 
ID:	452376

Time for the rest of you to start voting for your own Bernie. Shit has to change.
    Yeah. The guy who uses Ticketmaster for his own events. HE'LL be the one to fix it! Lol

Sent from my Pixel 3 using TGR Forums mobile app

Just looked up prices for dead and co. Holy fuck, last time I saw them in SLC with John Mayer I think I paid $40. From the cost of tickets you’d almost think Jerry came back from the dead. Over $600 for 2 shows at the gorge, that’s robbery. I didn’t even get to what the add on fees are.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by MontuckyFried View Post
    Yeah. The guy who uses Ticketmaster for his own events. HE'LL be the one to fix it! Lol

Sent from my Pixel 3 using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by altacoup View Post
    Just looked up prices for dead and co. Holy fuck, last time I saw them in SLC with John Mayer I think I paid $40. From the cost of tickets you’d almost think Jerry came back from the dead. Over $600 for 2 shows at the gorge, that’s robbery. I didn’t even get to what the add on fees are.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    I didn’t even bother looking up tickets this round. I knew it was too much. And I too paid around $40 last time I saw them, Usana I believe. Probably same show as you.

A couple times quite recently I've bought tickets that turned out to be on https://www.axs.com/. It was transparent and easy to use and the fees were pretty minimal. I ended up not being able to go to one of the shows and was able to seel thrr tix on their site for more than I paid for them in a day.

Also, a couple of things I've bought have been on https://dice.fm/ Dice seems to have a couple things to figure out but they also have minimal feels and a resale deal and they have quite a few shows.

Hopefully these two will provide the competition Ticketmaster so badly needs.
    Last edited by ötzi; 03-19-2023 at 11:33 AM.

Fuck these guys. Another shit TM experience. Colorado apparently has less restrictions on the scalpers. The Cure would be worth the ticket cost of a scalper, but I am just past mad. Not giving my money. Fuck all these guys.

More Ticketmaster bs

I got Cure tix through AXS for the Denver show. Two $40 lawn seats, $87 total. I ain’t complaining.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

I got to the front of the queue after about 4 minutes and everything was gone. Apparently they held back 500 tix to each show and the rest were available brought he verified sale.

Have parking lot grilled cheese also gone up?

Can you even grill a cheese anymore?

These prices y’all are posting blow my mind. I blame boomer nostalgia. And Ticketmaster.