Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sign-spinners on the corner

What kind of drugs do you need to be on to do this job.

I've seen several today spinning, tossing, flipping and dancing around like Tom Cruise on Oprah's couch with their signs today for; apartment complexes, "art" sales, and God knows what else.

It's 95 degrees out an these clowns are going off like JoJo the Indian boy with his new pet.

The endurance and creativity required makes me think that these guys have found the right balance between speed and LSD. That or meth and angel dust. Not sure.
    I still call it The Jake.

There's a guy who shows up every monrning when I'm on my way to work, and makes one of those giant gas station handle jugs full of whiskey and coke.

Shit ton here where I live. A couple of them are entertaining, some are down right scary. When did this shit become some common?

Hugh Conway Guest
    PM Rontele and ask him

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    You need to be on poverty to do this job, Mitt.

And they dance like crackheads because if they don't they lose the job. Generally these are day-to-day jobs ("at-will employment" for you elites out there). You should try it for a whole day sober and get back to us. This human signage is an indicator of two things: economic desperation, and zoning enforcement for signage. Have some compassion for those less fortunate than yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by boltonoutlaw View Post

And they dance like crackheads because if they don't they lose the job. Generally these are day-to-day jobs ("at-will employment" for you elites out there). You should try it for a whole day sober and get back to us. This human signage is an indicator of two things: economic desperation, and zoning enforcement for signage. Have some compassion for those less fortunate than yourself.
    Well said....
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Quote Originally Posted by boltonoutlaw View Post

Disagree on the economic depression angle. According to many developers I know and have worked with, research shows that these guys actually create a huge benefit. Not a desperate ploy and one used even when the market is/was good.

Back on topic: adderall and bath salts injected into the cornea.

Blurred is the Summit County Union Rep for Sign Spinners of America.

Quote Originally Posted by commonlaw View Post
    Disagree on the economic depression angle. According to many developers I know and have worked with, research shows that these guys actually create a huge benefit.
    He meant the economic desperation of the sign spinner not necessarily the developer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    He meant the economic desperation of the sign spinner not necessarily the developer.
    I thought he meant both of the industry and of the spinner, and I was simply referring to the former. Agree with the later. Its a grind and its sure doesnt come with a 401K.

Fuck, I guess I had the definition of a spinner completely wrong. This thread could have been filled with so much win.
    `•.¸¸.•´><((((º>`•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸.? ??´¯`•...¸><((((º>

"Having been Baptized by uller his frosty air now burns my soul with confirmation. I am once again pure." - frozenwater

"once i let go of my material desires many opportunities for playing with the planet emerge. emerge - to come into being through evolution. ok back to work - i gotta pack." - Slaag Master

"As for Flock of Seagulls, everytime that song comes up on my ipod, I turn it up- way up." - goldenboy

Where do you think these guys hang their certificates and degrees?

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

Quote Originally Posted by hutash View Post
    Where do you think these guys hang their certificates and degrees?
    On the back of their sign, duh.
    I've concluded that DJSapp was never DJSapp, and Not DJSapp is also not DJSapp, so that means he's telling the truth now and he was lying before.

Originally Posted by BmillsSkier

Are you fucking kidding me ? This is a job no diff than handing out flyers for an hourly wage. I did it. And I was stoked to have a job. The flippy signy thing is just another version of standing around in a chicken outfit...which I also did.

Quote Originally Posted by philth View Post
    Are you fucking kidding me ? This is a job no diff than handing out flyers for an hourly wage. I did it. And I was stoked to have a job. The flippy signy thing is just another version of standing around in a chicken outfit...which I also did.
    cool story bro

Guys that put on a show get some extra cash and get re-hired. That's about all there is to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Conway View Post
    PM Rontele and ask him
    Quote Originally Posted by Hott Butt Mud View Post
    Blurred is the Summit County Union Rep for Sign Spinners of America.
    Before I opened this thread, I knew - I knew - those two would be mentioned.

I really need to spend less time here.

But can you blender-blender????

Brought to you by Carl's Jr.

Shit - there's a guy here who stood around in a chicken suit without getting paid.

If it weren't for these sign spinners, how the hell would I know where to turn my gold into cash??? A valuable service indeed! At least its a job.

One of my employees has a loser for a son (barely graduated HS, no ambitions other that to get more piercings) that spun signs for a summer in Orlando. Nice introduction to the "real world" for junior.

Personally I prefer the inflatable dancing guy. Whoever invented that deserves some kind of medal.

Quote Originally Posted by Jer View Post
    Shit - there's a guy here who stood around in a chicken suit without getting paid.
    hah, it had to be at least two years since that was mentioned, nice one.

Props. My first job at age 14 was slapping together pizzas at Little Shitter's.
    Balls Deep in the 'Ho

Blame Elbow

How do you know which way to go when the damn arrow keeps changing directions?
    Dude chill its the padded room. -AKPM

I've never heard or viewed any of this subculture. Holy shit. Olympics? How can you even read the shit if their flippy/spinny?

Wow. Amerika.