Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Fiber makes me sad!

あなたのおっぱいは富士山のように美しいです。富士

Kendo Yamamoto "1984"

From BikeMag

"When a guy drops his chain twice, catches back up with the leader, and then loses the sprint for the title of XC Mountain Bike Champion of Belgium because his foot comes out of the pedal, a guy gets pretty angry. Perhaps Kevin Van Hoovels will have better luck at the Olympics."

Sometimes exhaustion can make you a little emotional...

I saw an old video of Bob Roll coming out of his clipless pedals - several times - during a sprint finish and losing as a result. His tantrum was pretty funny

Wow...that's some serious sandgina!
    Gravity. It's the law.

Spandex is known to cause VERY irrational and stupid behavior! Unfortunately, this douche fits my racer fag stereotype to a "T".
    More cowbell!!!

Must have been riding crank bros pedals. What a tool there is no excuse to act like a 2 year old.

Side effects of bad juice ?

Quote Originally Posted by spudbumkin View Post
    Spandex is known to cause VERY irrational and stupid behavior! Unfortunately, this douche fits my racer fag stereotype to a "T".

pretty sure cry baby would pretty much be faster than you on any trail. the average cat 1 to elite XC racers have enough skill to let their legs smoke trash talkers.

That is one helluva of a strong argument for legalizing testosterone right there.
    "A man on foot, on horseback or on a bicycle will see more, feel more, enjoy more in one mile than the motorized tourists can in a hundred miles."
    — Edward Abbey (Desert Solitaire)

Quote Originally Posted by BushwackerinPA View Post
    the average cat 1 to elite XC racers have enough skill to let their legs smoke trash talkers.
    I think that every time I see them intentionally getting off their bikes to walk up or down rocky sections.

I think "damn, look at that skill"
    Besides the comet that killed the dinosaurs nothing has destroyed a species faster than entitled white people.-ajp

^^ It is skill, a cylcocross skill, they were probably just training for the upcoming cross season. =D

That video is incredibly pathetic.

pretty sure cry baby would pretty much be faster than you on any trail. the average cat 1 to elite XC racers have enough skill to let their legs smoke trash talkers.
    So..? He's acting like an ass and getting called out for it. For all I care he could be the world's best rider ever, it doesn't take away from the fact that he is acting like a 2 year old kid. I always find it so amusing how people justify shitty behavior by explaining how good the person is at something. Bad character is bad character regardless of whether you're a fat, balding, 50 year old man who sits on TGR all day or you're a pro XC racer.

Anyway, that video was hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by kidwoo View Post
    I think that every time I see them intentionally getting off their bikes to walk up or down rocky sections.

I think "damn, look at that skill"
    I have no doubt that I would be smoked by all of these racers, let's get that out of the way first. But when I see people intentionally dismount and carry their bike over a section in a MOUNTAIN BIKE race, I can't help but think that there should be some sort of time penalty for that. Like, for every second you're carrying your bike, 10 seconds are added to your time. Be virtually impossible to enforce, but carrying your bike over the hard sections violates the whole spirit of the thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Big E View Post
    I have no doubt that I would be smoked by all of these racers, let's get that out of the way first. But when I see people intentionally dismount and carry their bike over a section in a MOUNTAIN BIKE race, I can't help but think that there should be some sort of time penalty for that. Like, for every second you're carrying your bike, 10 seconds are added to your time. Be virtually impossible to enforce, but carrying your bike over the hard sections violates the whole spirit of the thing.
    Don't EVER think that winning XC races is anything but fitness. I know 50 guys (and probably you too) that would leave that guy weeping again on any sustained descent. That's most of the reason I quit racing XC. No one can handle their damn bikes when it's time to go downhill. I've literally ridden over people on descents in the 'expert' class because they couldn't even walk their bikes down a section without killing themselves......nevermind why they were even trying in the first place.

The whole enduro thing will save trail racing. Seriously. Most of those people know how to ride.
    Besides the comet that killed the dinosaurs nothing has destroyed a species faster than entitled white people.-ajp

That is what I call a Manchild.

I love it when the older lady in the blue t-shirt seems to be telling him to shut the fuck up and take it like a man at around 1:44 in the video. It's probably his mother.
    Dollar sign that bitch.

Quote Originally Posted by lph View Post
    That is one helluva of a strong argument for legalizing testosterone right there.
    heh

I'm sure his sponsors are very proud.
    Florence Nightingale's Stormtrooper

David Millar at the Giro

Can't find the video of Bob Roll pitching a fit after coming out of his pedals. It is funneh!

Everyone is faster than me, even you BPA. I won't whine and cry like a douche though when I lose a fucking race!
    More cowbell!!!

Anyone else not get the "Fiber" reference in the title? Guess I'm dumb, maybe I'll just go cry it off.

Don't EVER think that winning XC races is anything but fitness. I know 50 guys (and probably you too) that would leave that guy weeping again on any sustained descent. That's most of the reason I quit racing XC. No one can handle their damn bikes when it's time to go downhill. I've literally ridden over people on descents in the 'expert' class because they couldn't even walk their bikes down a section without killing themselves......nevermind why they were even trying in the first place.

The whole enduro thing will save trail racing. Seriously. Most of those people know how to ride.
    I think that's a pretty big generalization. Yes fitness is a main ingredient to XC racing, but when it comes down to who makes it on the podium it's usually the most well rounded riders up and down. For Super D/Enduro style racing, depending on course, fitness can also be a huge factor. Making up seconds pedaling when others are too gassed and just coasting along.

badass man, badass. They are ALL like that, ALL of them. Totally.

You know that's a pretty big generalization....Would you say that even the Downieville race (XC not All-Mountain) is only a fitness test? Ever race the Shasta Lemurian? Most folks who have done both say it is even harder and more technical than Downieville. Sure, maybe the typical pack fodder racer may not be the most magical bike handler in the world, but the guys winning and podium-ing sure are.

Regarding Enduro racing...looks super fun. The guy who the Pro Division at the Wasatch Enduro, Aaron Bradford, is a Cross Country racer (and also a former SuperD National Champion, and the currentl (2011) single speed cyclocross national champion....maybe a bad example, he's an extremely gifted all around rider who excels at, well, everything).

As for the crybaby in the original topic of this thread?...yeah, pathetic display, absolutely no doubt about that.
    Waste your time, read my crap, at:
    One Gear, Two Planks

The very top XC guys have always been good bike handlers; that's why they're winning - they're fast everywhere. However, you don't have to go very far down the field to get XC guys that can't ride for shit, they just have massive legs and lungs. 99.5% of competitive XC racing is fitness. If you truly want to be the cream of the crop, you have to have passable bike handling skills, but that's irrelevant for the vast majority of races.

edit: I don't get the fiber reference either.

I bet Mike Vandeman has worn his winkie into a nubbin incessantly jerking off to this video...
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Quote Originally Posted by toast2266 View Post
    The very top XC guys have always been good bike handlers; that's why they're winning -
    Exactly.

We're talking about the guys who DON'T win.

Like the fucker in this video

I knew that would piss a few people off.

Ty: You've never had to ride over people because you can climb fast.......and hence are ahead of those fools. I don't, I had to always pass people on the descents. It's a mess back there!

XC races are won on the climbs. Don't you guys even pretend that's not the case. Come on, seriously. There's a reason the most winningest xc guys look like anorexic toothpicks that got lost on their way to the col de francois something or other.
    Last edited by kidwoo; 07-25-2012 at 09:19 PM.