SoCal mags, puppy camping, where to go in Aug?

Thanks for checking in. In the past, 95% of our camping has been at the beach in San Diego. That is pretty much impossible this year as I didn't book a spot 7 months ago with Reserve America That said, are there any great lake type spots I am missing out on that are not going to be to hot in August, as we live at the beach and my Malamute especially isn't a fan of 80+ degree weather. Maybe something in the Sierra's between San Diego and Mammoth? A drive up the coast would be nice too if it ended at a nice beach for hiking and camping.
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Lake wise, the western Sierra has more options, and a shit ton of rivers, lakes and reservoirs. The east side has lots of options, but all the lakes are much smaller with less beach type area. Plus most are FS, so theoretically dogs can't be off leash.

Huntington Lake is particularly nice as i recall. My favorite beach in the Sierra is the east shore of Tenaya, but the park service is not dog friendly.

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

If you can go just a little further north, there are better options on the east side. I know of a small, hidden beach where my golden and I hung out at Saturday. Beautiful setting, no people and tons of camping options. But it's out of the Bridgeport area so you'll have to drive a bit.

Any beach camping is going to be hard to get this late. All of the ones in these parts are of the reserve 6 months out sorts too.

Carmel is usually 60 deg,and the beach allows dogs off leash.
    Check out Kirk creek in Big Sur for cool fog ocean view camping.Also camping at Laguna Seca,Carmel Valley,but can be hot..And 1 or 2 beaches in Santa Cruz have camping.Also a good spot at Goleta N of Santa Barbara has camping on the beach and cool fog.
    picador