Page 18 of 31 FirstFirst ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by gretch6364 View Post
    I did not say they won't fire...I said the majority won't. Go ahead and enjoy your freedoms protected by the paranoid gun nuts and the troops you hate so much. .
    Not sure who or what you are talking about? Our government won't take our guns? If the cops wanted to they would shoot just about anybody. But the cops would never take guns. The military on the other hand could easily. But I'm not paranoid about guns. I don't own any but thats just cause I would probably get in trouble. I just don't feel like I need a gun. That being said I have plenty of friends with AR-15s and a friend claims to know a guy who has a stockpolie of 20+ cause they would sell for so much if they were banned. I just think people having more guns makes me safer and citizens more able to protect themselves should they need to.

Edit: I don't think the government would try to take away most weapons except from Felons (should just really be violent Felons) or mentally ill people (which I think should be restricted to to some sort of standard. Not all mentall ill people are violent or a threat to anybody.

MadPatSki...you are not allowed in this conversation as you have ZERO say in our freedoms in the US. You are just lucky to live next to a country that spends the money we do on defense as we are also protecting your ass.
    Like your country tried to invade ours 200 years ago?

US borderpatrol complains about the illegal drugs coming from Canada while our borderpatrol deal with US guns coming into Canada illegally. Free trade, I guess.

The power are no longer military, but economic. URSS focused some more on their military spending to keep up with the US that they crashed. Why is the US spending so much on defense? Do defend your freedom? What type of freedom are we talking about? If you traveled outside the US, you'll see that some countries are much less invasive on people lives (ah yes, but US has its guns) than in the US.
    Ski Mad World
    A blog of MadPat's World: A History of Skiing Geography
    http://madpatski.wordpress.com

spook Guest
    I am guessing you think they will never change again...
    like i said, you are really ignorant.

Hugh Conway Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by spook View Post
    i don't think you know "most people" well enough to make that statement. i know maybe a handful of people -- male and female -- who would fall apart if required to defend themselves. everybody else would defend themselves if necessary. it's a pretty instinctive reaction. doesn't mean they want to have guns.
    Easy example: most people suck ass at driving. Based on the accidents and fucktardery posted about on TGR, plenty of people on TGR suck at driving. Driving a car is easier than shooting a gun in a tense situation in self defense.

Quote Originally Posted by Blurred View Post
    Stick to 3rd grade graph comprehension
    Good stuff blurred. I guess you've forgotten that it was you who couldn't comprehend a 3rd grade level graph. Your point that gun control didn't work in Oz was an utter and abject failure, but please continue with your ad hominem attacks.

spook Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Conway View Post
    Easy example: most people suck ass at driving. Based on the accidents and fucktardery posted about on TGR, plenty of people on TGR suck at driving. Driving a car is easier than shooting a gun in a tense situation in self defense.
    i didn't mean defending themselves with a gun. i meant just defending themselves by whatever means necessary without a gun.

Quote Originally Posted by MadPatSki View Post
    Like your country tried to invade ours 200 years ago?
    US borderpatrol complains about the illegal drugs coming from Canada while our borderpatrol deal with US guns coming into Canada illegally. Free trade, I guess.
    Your border sucks worse than ours so we get drugs from Canada and Mexico and they want guns in return. We're a big nation though. We grow and synthesize plenty of our own stuff. The international gangs just help each other get what they want.

And it's not 200 years ago anymore. We're going to annex you soon so you won't have to complain about the border trade. I'd like to be able to go up there fishing. We gotta get this done soon.

spook Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    Good stuff blurred. I guess you've forgotten that it was you who couldn't comprehend a 3rd grade level graph. Your point that gun control didn't work in Oz was an utter and abject failure, but please continue with your ad hominem attacks.
    here you go, blurred. to save you some time:

ad hominem:

1. (of an argument or reaction) Arising from or appealing to the emotions and not reason or logic.
    2. Attacking an opponent's motives or character rather than the policy or position they maintain.

it doesn't have anything to do with grits.

Quote Originally Posted by Crass3000 View Post
    And it's not 200 years ago anymore. We're going to annex you soon so you won't have to complain about the border trade. I'd like to be able to go up there fishing. We gotta get this done soon.
    That is why I'm giving my opinion here, because you're right. We already have people that think that Bush was a genius and want to imitate his great policies and judgment.
    Ski Mad World
    A blog of MadPat's World: A History of Skiing Geography
    http://madpatski.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by flowtron's ghost View Post
    Half of gun deaths are suicides? Why? Because they are really good at blowing brains out. They make it easy. The longer it would take someone to create an alternative suicide device, the more time that person would have to consider their decision, not to mention whatever they choose probably wouldn't work quite as well.
    I know this is totally off topic, but if in fact half the gun deaths are suicides, I am thinking that number reflects a lot of terminally ill or perhaps people in the beginning stages of Alzheimer that off themselves rather than deal with the agony of the diseases progression. To me, that is a sad reflection on our societies fucked up values that we will not do for a human, what we would do for a loved pet or animal. Thank god a gun is there to do the job as quickly and painlessly as possible, as I really don't want to resort to hanging myself at the end if I need a way out.
    Thread hijack over
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Read the report I posted. We know you're a kneejerk ANTI-GUN!!!!!!!!! NUT, but TRY and grasp the findings of the reports.
    Here's another one just for you!
    http://www.gunsandcrime.org/auresult.html

It's dumbed down so even those with a 3rd grade education of your caliber might be able to understand. Any more groundbreaking graph comprehension lessons AD?

You sure iz smurt!
    You and spook should build a rocket or something.

It's dumbed down so even those with a 3rd grade education of your caliber might be able to understand.
    Like I said...

Your playground bully routine is getting a little predictable. You need some new material.

here you go, blurred. to save you some time:

ad hominem:

1. (of an argument or reaction) Arising from or appealing to the emotions and not reason or logic.
    2. Attacking an opponent's motives or character rather than the policy or position they maintain.

it doesn't have anything to do with grits.
    Glad you can google and learned something today!!

AD and pinner and the rest of the losers <---ad hominem used to LOVE throwing that term around wayyyyy before your dumb ass <ad hominem showed up.

Stick to pedophilia spook.

Like I said...

Your playground bully routine is getting a little predictable. You need some new material.
    That response was old ten years ago. Why not read a report instead of AD HOMOING YOUR POStitionz AD?

That is why I'm giving my opinion here, because you're right. We already have people that think that Bush was a genius and want to imitate his great policies and judgment.
    That's odd to hear from a Canadian. All the Canandians I used to work (Thunder Bay) seemed to not like the US in general.

spook Guest
    Glad you can google and learned something today!!

AD and pinner and the rest of the losers <---ad hominem used to LOVE throwing that term around wayyyyy before your dumb ass <ad hominem showed up.

Stick to pedophilia spook.
    you must think you're really killing it with the pedophilia bit.

spook Guest
    you mean like obama?

Quote Originally Posted by jfost View Post
    If they were up in Canada, they would've had it out with a knife and hockey stick and the little kiddo would be playing on the playground again today...
    http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgar...udent-aid.html

you must think you're really killing it with the pedophilia bit.
    I'm killing it.....................

WITH A GUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !

Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    I know this is totally off topic, but if in fact half the gun deaths are suicides, I am thinking that number reflects a lot of terminally ill or perhaps people in the beginning stages of Alzheimer that off themselves rather than deal with the agony of the diseases progression. To me, that is a sad reflection on our societies fucked up values that we will not do for a human, what we would do for a loved pet or animal. Thank god a gun is there to do the job as quickly and painlessly as possible, as I really don't want to resort to hanging myself at the end if I need a way out.
    Thread hijack over
    Hey I hear you. I have terminal cancer and gun suicide or something sounds a lot better than suffering so that the people around me can see me live a little longer. While suicide isn't something most people would long for, at some point it would be easier than suffering for everybody's good except my own.

PEOPLE LIKE YOU AND EVERYONE ELSE KILL PEOPLE CUZ THEY CAN'T CONTROL THEIR BUTTTHURTZZZZZZZ!!!!! LEVEL, AND SOME OF THEM HAVE ACCESS TO GUNS!!!!!!

Maybe if you losers quit taking things so seriously and quit gettting BUTTHURT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! all the time, your kind would quit killing others. (which you blame on GUNSSS!!!!!!!!)
    Nail on the head.

i wish you'd quit saying that.
    Maybe you should wish in one hand and shit in the other and see which one fills up first.

Quote Originally Posted by Slappified View Post
    But there are limitations on driving a car. You have to be a minimum age, have a license, and take drivers ed (at least around here) and yet there are still deaths but if we had complete freedom to drive a car, then the numbers would be even higher. There are also laws that limit how you can drive (speed limits, weight limits, size limits). Why can't there be limitations on gun ownership, like say licenses and mandatory training and mandatory training for renewal of the license?
    Why can't there be limitations on free speech, like say licenses and mandatory training and mandatory training for renewal of the license?

and the u.s. military will laugh in your face when you pull out your assault rifle, right before they disable or kill you with one of any number of high tech weapons that make yours look quaint.
    I really wish people would stop equating ultra high tech gadgetry with tactical superiority. It would also be nice if people stopped thinking that every member of the military were highly trained killing machines.

Quote Originally Posted by Jer View Post
    I really wish people would stop equating ultra high tech gadgetry with tactical superiority. It would also be nice if people stopped thinking that every member of the military were highly trained killing machines.
    Surely if the military tried to take over it would be absolutely a massacre. That being said I don't think most of the military would obey once they could start helping the rest of the US. The massacre wouldn't happed cause our soldiers wouldn't want to take our country over as they are obviously loyal to the country and not the douches like the government, secret societies, and the mafia who run the country.

just read a whack-job conspiracy theorist piece on this that made all of the posters in this thread suddenly look pretty dang smart. This nutcase is surmising that the whole thing was an FBI plot that they planned to call off at the last minute and blew it. Irrefutable evidence such as: how could a kid get $10-20,000 of guns/ammo/explosives together, let alone afford it? Why would he tell the cops that his apartment was booby-trapped? Look at his expression, here is a kid that got involved in some high-level neuroscience experiment that went too far...blah, blah, blah...

All of a sudden tgr is pretty damn rational...
    Something about the wrinkle in your forehead tells me there's a fit about to get thrown
    And I never hear a single word you say when you tell me not to have my fun
    It's the same old shit that I ain't gonna take off anyone.
    and I never had a shortage of people tryin' to warn me about the dangers I pose to myself.

Patterson Hood of the DBT's

Quote Originally Posted by Crass3000 View Post
    I just figured the guy was (obviously a little off) taking advantage of the timing of the Summer Olympics and figured it was a good time to pull what he wanted to do off.
    By shooting the audience of a Bat Man movie in Denver?
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Quote Originally Posted by Tye 1on View Post
    just read a whack-job conspiracy theorist piece on this that made all of the posters in this thread suddenly look pretty dang smart. This nutcase is surmising that the whole thing was an FBI plot that they planned to call off at the last minute and blew it. Irrefutable evidence such as: how could a kid get $10-20,000 of guns/ammo/explosives together, let alone afford it? Why would he tell the cops that his apartment was booby-trapped? Look at his expression, here is a kid that got involved in some high-level neuroscience experiment that went too far...blah, blah, blah...

All of a sudden tgr is pretty damn rational...
    http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...-college-kids!
    People should learn endurance; they should learn to endure the discomforts of heat and cold, hunger and thirst; they should learn to be patient when receiving abuse and scorn; for it is the practice of endurance that quenches the fire of worldly passions which is burning up their bodies.
    --Buddha

*))
    ((*
    *))
    ((*

www.skiclinics.com