Building a house ... credit card rec's?

So the time has come to finally start building my little homestead. Looking to max out the savings and benefits on what will most likely be the biggest purchase of my life.

Background, I have pretty much every dollar I need already in cash (Im building a small a-frame so its not a huge sum) and Im building it myself which is keeping it cheap. Ive budgeted about 50k to make the place liveable and hopefully have a couple grand left over to start a solar power system (grid tie).

Question is, are there any good cards out there that will give benefits on home improvement projects? I've already got a Home Depot card thats interest free as long as I pay off purchases in 6 months, but I want something a little better. I also have a Discover card with 1% cash back on all purchases. Thinking rewards cards in terms of cash back, but I suppose even if I got miles it would be ok. Mainly looking to see what my options are that are better than what I already have.

Any builders left in the house with some recco's? Thanks.
    Live Free or Die

Chase ink.....3% back at hardware/home improvement stores.

Thats what Im talking about. Word, thanks.
    Live Free or Die

VC is offline Calmer then you are Dude
    I got a discover card that has cash back plus 0% apr for 15 months, its kind of nice to keep an extra buffer for random shit that has come up with our remodel.

So the guy who used to spew about being RICH!!! and owning many multi-million dollar companies is building a lame A-Frame <--TEH SUCK for 50k and putting the rest on credit cards.....good plan!

HA!

HA!

HA!

LOLZ!!!

There are a bunch of cards the have big bonus rewards if you charge a lot in a certain amount of time. You will be charging a lot and might be able to take advantage of a few of those cards. Lots of info on card promotions can be found here:
    http://thepointsguy.com/

Some rebate cards have promotions that last a month or two that give you and larger rebate at certain stores or types of stores. I think one my cards had %5 back at home improvement stores a few months ago.

How many square feet is the house going to be? Two baths? HVAC? Does the lot have utilities already?
    Last edited by brice618; 07-20-2012 at 08:03 AM.

Blurred - you're not too bright. He's putting it on a credit card to get points and then repaying it before there's any interest charged but is looking to get points from the card. Time to think before you post.
    I wear crocs for the style, not the comfort.

Quote Originally Posted by chatton18 View Post
    Blurred - you're not too bright. He's putting it on a credit card to get points and then repaying it before there's any interest charged but is looking to get points from the card. Time to think before you post.
    Seriously. When have I ever claimed to own multi-million dollar companies? Their books maybe, but I most certainly don't own them. I do own two rentals through a self managed IRA, but I dont think that hardly qualifies me as "rich". Besides, you don't get rich by building McMansions for yourself.
    Live Free or Die

Quote Originally Posted by brice618 View Post
    How many square feet is the house going to be? Two baths? HVAC? Does the lot have utilities already?
    Small. Usable square footage is going to be about 950 sq ft. 2-3 bedrooms depending on funds (2 are going to be in a loft and can finish as time/funds allow). One bath, wood stove with electric baseboard. Lot has power to the line but will need a septic. Bids are coming in at about 5k for my 3 bedroom system plus an additional 1k to hook up the electric. Been able to get a lot of my building materials already through Habitat restores and the like which is keeping the costs down and should add some "character".

Im contracting out the foundation as well and the finish electric/plumbing. Pretty much everything else is being done by yours truely and the better half.

I also already own the lot so that price isnt included in my figures.
    Last edited by AdironRider; 07-20-2012 at 09:05 AM.
    Live Free or Die

Quote Originally Posted by chatton18 View Post
    How ironic. Love how you just make the shit up for him. Has he come in your mouth yet?

Blurrrred, your reading comprehension skills need a tune-up.

I suggest teh bath saltz.