Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    I'm not looking at or reading recent posts because I'm an hour or so behind live coverage, but everyone is talking about how Adam Scott maybe made the ball move off the collar on the 7th hole when he was making the practice swing (I'm watching this with my wife and said, "I dislike the guy, but he had nothing to do with the movement of that ball, nor did he ever address it"), but what they should be focusing on is after he grabbed his putter after the ball moved off the collar and addressed the ball with his putter, and he pulled his putter away and stared at it for a solid 5 seconds. No one stares at a ball like that unless they think it's moving. He then didn't call an official over and putted the ball 15 feet by, presumably because he was so shaken by the fact that after almost incurring a penalty, that he may have in fact caused the ball to move after address.
    "One season per year, the gods open the skies, and releases a white, fluffy, pillow on top of the most forbidding mountain landscapes, allowing people to travel over them with ease and relative abandonment of concern for safety. It's incredible."

The gameplan Tiger had to hit it short and take bunkers out of play would have been more suited if it was raining and crazy windy. He was not aggressive enough with the conditions they had all week. If Tiger is ever going to win multiple majors again, he has to be able to have confidence with his driver.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

spook Guest
    Tiger’s Errant Drive At 11 Today Created A Thundering Herd Of Freaks

http://deadspin.com/5928060/tigers-errant-drive-at-11-today-created-a-thundering-herd-of-freaks

spook Guest
    jesus tiger's coming apart at the seams.

If Els makes his putt 18 , we might have extra holes .

els charging while woods meows at scott.

Wow. What a bomb. Right in the heart.

brutal lie AS

spook Guest
    oh my god. can't wait to hear the interview with stevie if scott chokes this away

i hope stevey chokes as well

spook Guest
    hardest par of scott's life right here

He gave himself a chance. We'll see if he's got the gumption now.

Els might win this thing outright. Funny, if Adam Scott didn't have Steve Douchebag as his caddy now, I'd be pulling for him. Stupid logic, I guess.

But it would be cool to see Els get one more major before he's done - he's been so close so many times it seems like he should have 5 or 6 by now.

els just went to work today
    what a professional champion that man is.

spook Guest
    bogey bogey bogey bogey to close and lose. cheatstick putter didn't save him today. absolute brutality.

spook Guest
    tiger has to hate himself for that triple bogey

Ernie is a class act. I've always like him a lot. Feel bad for Scott, too. Seems like a good guy, his caddy not withstanding.

Turned out to be a pretty exciting Sunday, which I didn't think would happen with 4 to play.

Van de Velde in slow motion.

He should fire his caddy

Els is the epitome of class during this win
    surviving in the city, powered by wellbutrin

awesome for Ernie!
    fuck you Stevie Williams.
    ha-ha!
    crab in my shoe mouth

A Scott does seem like a nice guy, but his caddie might speak more about him than we know.

Great job Els. Love your swing man!
    Terje was right.

"We're all kooks to somebody else." -Shelby Menzel

Really happy as a golf fan- Els is one of the greats and has probably the sweetest swing on tour. I've always been bothered by his lack of major wins. A real gentleman.

spook Guest
    yeah, scott does seem like a nice guy and i wouldn't wish that ending on anybody. well, maybe sabbatini. and stevie.

i was hoping tiger would win just so we can get a little more drama regarding jack's record, but as far back as he's come, his performance in the majors (and others, despite his wins) lately would be unfathomable 5 or 6 years ago.

els is always a sentimental favorite, so i'm glad for him.

Wow, Els is such a class act during his trophy presentation....not surprised, just really happy to see this speech.
    Terje was right.

"We're all kooks to somebody else." -Shelby Menzel

love it for Ernie.....total choke job by AS and several others for that matter. Wonder who would have won and what the score would have been if the wind had blown for 4 days?
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

couldn't be happier for Ernie. He's paid his dues and then some. I don't feel bad for TITLEIST Adam Scott whatsoever. Any corporate favoritism there Das? Adam Scott sucks balls once again. No matter what team of physicists, swing coaches, shrinks he has around him, he blew it because he didn't have it in him - kinda like Van DeVelde. He's spineless, not a competitor, not a winner. He's just Sunday's Brandt Snedeker. He can't even fight the yips with a long putter. Has no business winning a major. If only the weather had a say all four days, or 3 days, or 2....
    "One season per year, the gods open the skies, and releases a white, fluffy, pillow on top of the most forbidding mountain landscapes, allowing people to travel over them with ease and relative abandonment of concern for safety. It's incredible."