Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: $10,000

Well, from one who has one, the problem with pensions is that they reward longevity only, and, in the process, those who know how to survive in thar kind of atmosphere. That's why GM cars suck. Any kind of innovation is smothered in the crib.

GM cars suck because of pensions?
    Decisions Decisions

innovation is smothered by the desire to achieve longevity. improvement is haulted by the thought of bouncing budgets and deadlines when your pension rides on your ability to just coast along and avoid a negative rep. the comp i work for dropped pensions a few years back and im bitter i missed out, though it will surely be to the company benefit.

Quote Originally Posted by Brock Landers View Post
    GM cars suck because of pensions?
    No, because of complacency and lack of innovation.

Read the article. One guy was an engineer who was there 41 years!

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Well, from one who has one, the problem with pensions is that they reward longevity only, and, in the process, those who know how to survive in thar kind of atmosphere. That's why GM cars suck. Any kind of innovation is smothered in the crib.
    Speaking from an insider's point of view, innovation was smothered by shitty leadership whose vision became increasingly short-sighted due to their greed. The large margin on SUVs sales caused them to shift capital from R&D and manufacturing process improvement to marketing.

So glad I didn't take their job offer after my 2nd internship -- instead of chasing $ and eventually getting laid off, I eked by on $500/mo. while chasing pow at AltaBird.
    Balls Deep in the 'Ho

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Benny has a pension? Why the fuck he is so bitter?