Doctor said I need a backiotomy...

Ok, seriously though, this is what's going on;

-Pain in my lower left back. Goes (sometimes faintly, sometimes moreso) down the back of my left leg, sometimes into my calf. Basically, all started when I was swimming and fucking around in a lake. Hoisting up onto this bouy in the water and backflipping off it. Got out and pain came on slow. By two hours later I was laid the f out. Hurt to stand up fully. Miraculously went away in about a day. Then, when doing arm curls in front of the mirror at the gym I was lift my left arm and felt a crunch in my back. Happened again. Was much worse. Laid me out a couple days and I went to the regular doctor. That asshat hit my legs and shit with a mallet and declared it was not sciatic and I pulled muscle. Did PT three times, didn't really keep up the exercises (stretch back, strengthen butt and abs). Pain came back skiing one day in april. Didn't fall or compress or anything. It was just kind of there. Went away again, but since my back always feels like it's about as strong as tinfoil. Pain came back last week for again, no apparent reason, and I probably didn't do it any good by surfing last friday. Again, it's pretty bad. Was hard to get through the day at work monday (desk sitting) without a vicadin.

-On suggestion of a co-worker went to Chiro. At least for $75 he too some X rays which seem to tell a story. I guess I have one short leg (gave me heel lift) and he said the one nerve is getting pinched. Treatment so far has been a few minute sessions on the electrode thingy and today he really quickly knocked around my spin with some devices that seemed like glorified hand-held massagers. Not sure I'm buying the chiro deal. Anyway, someone around here must know some shit about some shit. Chime in. Appreciated. Do I need an MRI, real doc?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo-2.JPG 
Views:	419 
Size:	61.7 KB 
ID:	118222

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo-3.JPG 
Views:	205 
Size:	63.4 KB 
ID:	118223
    ROBOTS ARE EATING MY FACE.

Doooood....sounds like the first time I ever fucked up my back. When I was a kid about 12, we had a raft on a lake with a 2X12 for a diving board. When it got wet, it was like ice...slippery as shit. I ran up that board, had my feet go right out from under me and landed square on my tailbone. Just couldn't do anything for about a week. My mom took me to this old swedish woman and she had me get in a steam bath, then on the table.
    An hour later I was cured.

I have found this routine to be the best cure on the planet if you don't think you've ripped or broken so much that you need an mri and surgery. Hate to see you spend a shitload of money only to find out it was just a boo boo that a good massage, rolfing or orthobionomy practioner could fix. Go soak in a hot springs and get some body work.

Never been injured before and gone to a doctor? Kinda odd it's the first time someone noticed your deformed limbs.

Sounds like siatic nerve is jacked. Your uneven legs may be misaligned sacariliac (sp). I thought I had siatica but it's much worse for me. if the pain goes down to your leg, that's usually a sign of siatica.

Physical therapy will test and tell you what you're sensitive to, then tell you not to do it. that's awesome. and not helpful.
    I demoed the TECH TALK JONG! pro model this spring and their performance was unparalleled which is good because I ski in a wedge most of the time - bendtheski, 2011

I have experienced something very similar. I waited a while to get an MRI because I also thought chiropractic and physical therapy could treat it. Boy was i wrong!! Pain going down the leg, usually started in the buttocks but lower back sometimes also. I had a severely herniated disc at L5-s1. Get that shit checked out sooner rather than later, if that's what you have it only gets worse man....
    Your pcp can order an MRI and go from there. I ended up having 3 steroid epidurals in 2011 to treat the pain. Good luck, hope you don't have what I have, but from the symptoms it sounds dead on.