Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8
    Quote Originally Posted by Flyoverland Captive View Post
    Sound like his GF has a place lined up for when he’s discharged; she’s working on getting Medicaid lined up. Gonna be a rocky week.
    At work currently and limited to a phone. When I get home I'll message ya. Drop me a pm if I forget.

I can't believe the GF hasn't split the scene. Even a wife might throw in the towel over what was described about the last month. The GF is either a Saint or there is something deeply disturbing going on. Hang in there Mr. Captive.

I'm sorry l, dude. I couldn't image what that is like. Hope for the best for your fam.
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

Thanks all. He’s awake and alert this morning, but just wants to sleep.

His GF has a rocky past; my Bro has always treated her with love and respect; his shitty drunken antics are minor compared to her ex’s. She’s kicked him out more than once, but the “I’ll get clean I promise” cycle continues.

In the recovery realm, there is Al-Anon which is for the non-alcoholic/addict person in the relationship that stays despite all signs to go. Enabling, co-dependence, etc. It's a thing. It might be something for the GF to look into at some point.

Thanks; the GF is a daily weed smoker, so she has her own issues. Not a judgement on my part, just an observation.

Yeah, goes deeper than that why they stay. Co-dependence usually that is a sickness in itself, just not the life threatening kind.

GF got him into this place:

https://www.renobehavioral.com/

Update; he refused to go to treatment; says he can do it himself. Less than 12 hours after getting discharged from the hospital, he had a two-minute seizure and is currently in an ambulance heading to the hospital again; BP 210/140.

hang in there.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Dang. Rock bottom can be pretty damn low. I believe you know this but he's in there. Just hope he surfaces long enough for treatment and commitment to get a footing. This is why addiction is a disease. It's a disease of the mind that compromises your thoughts. Your logic circuits are hijacked; the brain is pretty good at lying to you when it's duly motivated. Vibes.

Quote Originally Posted by mattig View Post
    "he has to want it," and "it's not your fault if that never happens."

All you can do is all you can do.

Remember this....

my father never did accept help. one of my brothers is following the same path..... you can only help those that will allow it.

it fucking sucks, but it is what it is.

Yep; it’s up to him now. He doesn’t even remember the last week, and didn’t know why he was in the hospital. Do or die time.

Is Involuntary Commitment an option? He is gonna be pissed if you do, but may give him the chance to see the light. Not a high success rate, but hell, his success rate is looking pretty low.
    Times like this is when the magic can really happen. Or it is about over regardless. Vibes and just do what you can yet keep some sanity.

Thanks all. This thread serves as catharsis for me, and a warning to others. I’ll keep updating.
    Almost one year later, time for an update. Today I learned that his GF kicked him out. He’s drinking again after months of being sober, and has stopped showing up for work. He’s moving back to my parents place in MN, where he will be with my folks (80 and 92) and my younger sis, who is a full-blown QAnon paranoid schizophrenic who has sucked my folks into her weird cult. What could possibly go wrong?

The cycle continues. This is so fucking tedious.

Almost one year later, time for an update. Today I learned that his GF kicked him out. He’s drinking again after months of being sober, and has stopped showing up for work. He’s moving back to my parents place in MN, where he will be with my folks (80 and 92) and my younger sis, who is a full-blown QAnon paranoid schizophrenic who has sucked my folks into her weird cult. What could possibly go wrong?

The cycle continues. This is so fucking tedious.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Vibes. That sucks.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Brother has gone off the rails: how do I get him to seek help?

Could he move in with you as an alternative or not really feasible?

(I’m an only child so I know fuck all, just an idea)
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

Not a chance in hell he’s moving in with me. He’d need a 24-hour guard.