Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

TUESDAY prob. LAMB EXPEDITIONS to train in HOHE TAUERN, AUSTRIA

all y-EU maggots, hope to it is going to be good ... if you are there - you will find out, too.

Leaving mighty Iceland , Highlands, Wales behind back to the "good old" - Austria simply !

SOON TO COME : MAJOR TRIP REPORT

Hi 0BernhardFranz! May I suggest that instead of overrated, overhyped and overpriced Austria, that you consider a ski safari to the northeast USA instead? The conditions are actually more dependable and consistent to anything you will find in the west due to the superior snowmaking. Also the terrain is truly fabulous, the partying is unmatched anywhere(can you say "hot New Jersey Italian babes?") and the setting is Norman Rockwell-esque! Pursuing the plethora of hot NYC/NJ and Boston "chicas" in their stretch pants can be even better than the great skiing, but I must warn you they are quite feisty and outspoken, unlike the laid-back western gals. Try Killington, Vermont, and when you score your first powder day in the glades of "Anarchy", "The Throne", "Chop Chop" or "Patsy" , you will be grinning from ear to ear, I promise you! Both Smugglers Notch, Vermont or Waterville Valley, New Hampshire would be a good choices as well.
    I would also like to take this opportunity to formally invite you (as well as all of the lurkers and non-lurkers alike) to come join our fun-loving but responsible bunch of snowriding aficionados who know the benefits of what good moderation brings to an on-line community. I think most all of you will find that our seasoned moderators "keep the bar high" by maintaining a sense of order and decorum, while encouraging quality discussion about our favorite pastime. We also have superior bandwidth and response times on our 502g superfibre network as well as a state-of-the-art virtual blade server farm with 5000 terabytes of virtual disk space for your photos, blogs etc. It may take a small amount of getting used to, as we do have reasonable standards as far as language and image posting that are strictly enforced. The registration is easy and painless, and the rules will be explained in detail during the process. I will warn you however up front that registering an ALIAS is strictly "VERBOTEN", and something we have zero-tolerance with. If you are tired of the juvenile hypocritical guttersniping at TGR and yearn for a snowriding forum that matches your maturity level, all I can say is: "Come join the fun"!

Just booked a flight to Bad Gastein tomorrow! 0BF - where's your base?!?

This is RAD news!!!!!

Find Witherspoon in the Alps.
    I still call it The Jake.

damn I bet the aprez ski conversations will be the stuff of legends!
    I don't work and I don't save, desperate women pay my way.

TRIP REPORT

We drove miles to Austria and stopped in Bavaria to see 100 of Lederhosler - unbelievable to them that is taking it easy.Schuhplattler probably replaces RAP.We stopped to have a first view of the Alps.Then we slept and entered Austria next day.
    We drove right up to St. Mariapfarr that day.I had emailed Messner whom I met in Frankfurt once him seeking me out, but we ain´t "up close casual and personal" yet.

We lodged in a big farmhouse coused by 30 different family members for holiday and took of same day we arrived heading this way and that till we found OBERTAUERN a Austrian ghost town.Unlike Dead End Gulch or such US ghost towns it is only deserted in summer.We later took the car up to the right townside and made some shots.But today I packed my gear and at 5 pm started up the other side.I was back 1h 15 minutes later.I took photos and films.I had reached the height of the mountain station of the upper lift only when I fled from descending clouds out of fear of lightning.I circumvented cows as they had steers with them.I went up through a small river bed.
    I saw a wall ca 20 m high 70 degreeish with 1m raw stones and there was a Marmot fleeeing up so I went after it to take some shots.But 3 m before the edge it was over all stones were flat and I could not get higher.But I had not anticipated that I would have to go down.Now I even had a backpack.Somehow clawing grass root weed and using small holds for the feet in the rocks I made it down.

Thanks, God !

Then we went home.

I think this 20 m fall could have killed me.On top I started to hate the little creature for getting me into this.

A dentists comment was had I dropped he would have had 1 year employment only working on my case.

whutsup !

I saw some hot chick there that was Jewish - now know dear reader that I do run into Julia Roberts and these sorts of girls when I travel as I lived in Hollywood, so I think she was a model.I craved all night for her figured out how I could meet her again.
    There was a lot of cool apres Ski so to speak.I don´t just meet Messner I also meet HER.

Overhyped I dunno I was in Denver with 13 and we went around for a month or so down to Mesa Verde.I loved it.To me Austria is simply much closer.See how many people live in this small space and compare to Rockies and you can see it is much wilder and more pristine where you are.If I had the money I might even rather be there.In Lech all skiers had jet pants.Maybe why I was back in the lift line in secs in Lech usually.Here I saw a lot of hot chicks, two blond blue eyed snowboarderesses on Dachstein Ski Region quite took me away hitting it.Even in Namche the Asian girls where on my mind, but stretch pants - one girl said she knows watching them is the greatest risk of mountain accident.

Ohh Yeaahhh !!!

I am back home now.I may go back in a few days to summer ski in the Alps.That is hot ! If you are in Europe drop in here if you like Bernhard Franz in 63128 Dietzenbach near Frankfurt.You can hang out here for a week or two if you like.

O.K., photos are uploaded on my computer I try to upload some here.
    I MEAN THIS IS HOW IT IS NOT TO BE DONE RISKING SUCH A FALL.
    I just saw the vid and it is easily 20 m.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	österreich 355.jpg 
Views:	95 
Size:	1.21 MB 
ID:	118382Wenn´s so guat seid ... wo ihr mal müsst nehmts oinfoch des Klo nett moa Thread.Click image for larger version. 

Views:	95 
ID:	118382Click on photo and then on magnify lowest of 3 walls I nearly fell down.

Name:	österreich 358.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	1.02 MB 
ID:	118383

Name:	österreich 418.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	911.1 KB 
ID:	118384Click image for larger version. 

ID:	118384Click image for larger version. 

ID:	118384
    Last edited by 0BernhardFranz; 07-16-2012 at 08:24 AM.

Bernhard, where have you been? We have missed you!!
    The pacifists always lose, because the anti-pacifists kill them.

Views:	69 
ID:	118385Click image for larger version. 

Name:	österreich 358.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	1.02 MB 
ID:	118386Click image for larger version. 

ID:	118387Hi, I was not going anywhere stony so I had nothing to post.

how's ma doing these days?

nasinasi Guest
    hi she is fine broke her hands falling of a chair but now is getting better reason I do little trips seems my account stopped working I will post as nasinasi

Quote Originally Posted by nasinasi View Post
    hi she is fine broke her hands falling of a chair but now is getting better reason I do little trips seems my account stopped working I will post as nasinasi
    No way, you need to get your account working again!!!
    The pacifists always lose, because the anti-pacifists kill them.

Good to hear from you Obernhard! Your trip reports are very entertaining. Dont change your account!
    "If you're gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough."

nasinasi Guest
    I may try to call them.

nasinasi Guest
    check out webshots under "bernhardfranz" last album with 170 shots they are all from the climb will post 200 more or so also films ca 40 but will post some more here later

ciao can´t post pics here right now gotto call these doodes

Bernhard Franz

nasinasi Guest
    I will uplaod the remaining pics there.Uploading a link is huge thing and 300 pics here in snail motion is bs and it does not work check them out on www.webshits.com under BernhardFranz last entry album with 170 pics.Here I will post text.
    TR After the drive up Obertauern we went on to Dachstein and it was sunny we had missed our way before.Then we drove up Dachstein in full sun and it was so magnificent I tried to book a hotel to summer ski there but season is over now - next year.Up the gondola I saw an ice museum with Egyptian gods carved in the ice - idolism though great workmanship.
    At the bottom a plane flew over me Fokker or so - Messner ? Who knows ... Someone saying hi from the ski.
    Then up there clouds came and you saw the dark side of this mountain.Johannes Klettersteig a sort of fixed rope line took countless lives in its history.The hotel is just 39 Euros.I want to check it out and ski there.
    Now I think I go to Zillertal as Zermatt is effectivly closed.
    But from end of road to mountain station is 1000 yards and when we went down someone was in the wall maybe Messner.Some celebs from the US kept popping up but I could not see them clearly and we made no contact.Maybe Meg Ryan maybe Julia Roberts.Think I saw Blair.Wish they would check out what an email is.

Then on to Grossglockner went up the road all over its peak to the other valley station but glacier train was closed it goes to the glacier.

But when we were there at that station umbrella and cam out lighting struck probably too much metal so we hurried up the stair and over teh small place to the garage entering the visitor center from inside which we got heftily accused of by a local doode.

In Obertauern we had a rally - Oldtimers - and some murmured in case of heart attack they could get me to a hospital fast.

Here we had an Oldtimer exhibit so for bikes.

Some climbers from Germany had gone over onto the glacier and found big holes at the right I saw them from the covered walkway.
    A huge circular drain is collapsing slowly leaving 100 dreds of crevasses strewn around it like wrinkles all of them spelling instant death,
    But the two Munichians " If you keep your eyes really open you are never in danger. "

We took many shots of the glacier, Grossglockner and glacial lake so the outrun and river and its canyoning mountain bed.Also some shots while we crossed Grossglockner.

Then we left the glockner region and figured out we had to drive over it again to get to Salzburg.So we crossed once more.Now it was calm when we went up we had storm and massive rain all the way it was almost scary but we just kept pressing on.Ma my studied in Munich and went to the Alps each weekend.I would never do this drving she does I think had I got a license.Pretty much nothing scares her.So at Dachstein she agreed to climb aminor vulcano to its right someday and come back for that easily 600 altmeters a behaviour we know from Mt. Snowdon where she did all but the last climb of all 1050 alt meters and 20 km walk and so in 3 h not in 8 - 10 what the Royal Air Force trainees need.

Concering the Marmpt that could have caused my death - I never saw it again.Probably went in that hole I climbed over.Or mountain squirrel.I saw many huge likely to be Marmot holes on my climb to the top beton avalanche stops.

Also noteworthy incredible thistles framed the roadside up the peak whe were yellow.Noone would rip out these thistles as they are stingy AND beautiful.They look so pretty I would travel there to see them if I was in the region.

Again right flank of glacier is lined with a skywalk that runs under the earth through rock in n tunnel segments with 20 m gaps between them to a caffee it is a stiff walk in a torrent scary.Also at Dachstein you can walk up to the top and see a caffee 35 minutes up and it is save but leaving the path anywhere here can land you in hospital or a graveyard quickly.Dachstein is more or less a huge stone slap on its side like a 1 km high gravestone with some imperfections.So the climber under the lift left us dazzled and worried as he was in a 200 or so m piece of vert rock a tiny thing as big as say a huge ant from the gondola.

We ate any blueberies and fish against altitude disease we could find.

That pretty much summons it up - but maybe bits fo text and photos and film will be addded from time to time.

Thanks for reading and Cheers - I hope I see you checking out my next trip report.

Thanks to my ma for spending a week driving difficult roads with hands she broke in December - what a superhuman effort.
    Last edited by nasinasi; 07-18-2012 at 04:39 AM.

Welcome back I missed you.

I thought you might be locked up somewhere?

So world traveler. Why no posts while in the USA?
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

No I am in Germany ! Not in the US .Noone can lock me up as I have Diplomatic Immunity and folks who enforce it worldwide.

www.webshots.com
    Last edited by franzfranz; 07-23-2012 at 01:24 AM.