Capitol Hill Block party - Seattle anyone going, gone before?

Driving down from the interior of BC for this. First time for us, might have a RV depending on numbers.

Looks like it is spread out over a decently sized area (no idea...)

Have read varying reviews: http://www.yelp.ca/biz/capitol-hill-block-party-seattle

Any pointers? things to do? Have been to a few Seahawks games and always have a good time.

Not a hipster!

Thanks.
    www.skevikskis.com Check em out!

Its very crowded and pretty crazy. I went all three days two years ago. Probably won't go again, its too crowded for me. Get really drunk and make fun of hipsters
    god created man. winchester and baseball bats made them equal - evel kenievel

Yeah sort of expecting that, going to see major lazer and few others not going to try and push our way too much.

Anywhere to park a rv or camper?

should be a pretty nice spot on broadway right next to the starbucks.

Parked it right down town by the stadium in front of some bars last fall. Had quite the party with randoms from the sidewalk. I was surprised the cops didn't make us move it.

Go see:
    Fitz and the tantrums
    Father John misty
    But most of all, hot bodies in motion.

Wish I could go this year.

Get really drunk and make fun of hipsters
    Sounds like a blast.

It felt crowded in year's past and some of the lineups weren't nearly as popular as this year's. I am going to skip it. As I get older, I'm more into seeing bands in a theater or club and not at Bumbershoot or the Block Party, etc.

Don't have any real tips... the friends who have a blast are always the ones who score a pass to the VIP sections (friends of bands, music industry types, etc). Their experience is totally relaxed compared to the masses in the main areas.

You could always park an RV over here in Ballard. There are plenty of them already. Most of them are near the Maritime Brewery and Hilliard's (do a web search). You could do some okay brewpub hopping just between those two and Ballard Ave.

I live in Capitol Hill and the block party is a bore. However, a lot of people seem to have a very good time!

Fun places to eat:

* Blue Moon
    * Piecora's
    * Smith
    * Machiavelli
    * Melrose Market
    * Big Mario's
    * Poquito's
    * Glo's

If you can, go to the Bus Stop and ask for a Fernet.

Excellent thanks guys. Any other local bands worth checking out. Musical interest is pretty diverse, love reggae, punk, electronic, metal..... Could send the girls shopping and do some head banging.

will be checking out fitz for sure. thee oh sees, dam funk...... stoked.

* Blue Moon
    * Piecora's
    * Smith
    * Machiavelli
    * Melrose Market
    * Big Mario's
    * Poquito's
    * Glo's
    Was there with wifey a few weeks ago while she was on a biz trip.
    I spent most of my day chilling at the Melrose Market and the Oyster joint next door. Dig that place.

Don't forget the pike street fish fry next to neumos. Best in Seattle.
    god created man. winchester and baseball bats made them equal - evel kenievel

Scrapping the motorhome, any hotel recommendations that won't kill my wallet?

Quote Originally Posted by el hefe View Post
    Scrapping the motorhome, any hotel recommendations that won't kill my wallet?
    As I recall, the Camlin has fairly cheap rooms, albeit very small, and its just down below Cap Hill. If you want close and generic, try the Homewood Suites on Pike and Boren.

Oh man, can you couch surf or something actually on the hill? Whatever you do, make it so you can walk where you want to go.

I went 1 day to the block party last year, it was cool because any time you're having a party in Seattle in good weather it is cool. It is crowded. Food and drink are kind of a hassle. If you like crowds and music and warm weather, it will be fun for you.

Good call ditching the RV, there is really nowhere nearby you can put it (without extensive local knowledge and assistance).
    that's all i can think of, but i'm sure there's something else...

yeah, looking at places within walking distance to the festivities for sure. Figured it would be nice for the ladies to have a shower and a working bathroom as well.....