Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Used to pass 100 of these places on the Bama state line on the way to my grandparents house from ATL. It was seriously the highlight of our trips when dad would finally stop after my brother and I begged him for days leading up to the trip. These places looked HUDGE from the outside. Massive wall with bright adds painted on them, but once you walked in, it was a mobile home that was gutted and some sketchy looking 300 lb dude in a wife beater sitting behind the counter watching baseball drinking Jim Beam.

Quote Originally Posted by SB View Post
    Nowadays it is just idiots playing with explosives and potentially setting fires.
    It has always been idiots playing with explosives and potentially setting fires, that is what makes fireworks so much fun especially for young. A grass fire that cause the fire department to roll or a hand or eye injury that required transport signaled the end of the session for the day.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    The good stuff.

I listen to a lot of out of town radio on apps like iheartradio or radio.com and am usually treated to a mix of local advertising and ads from the market I'm listening to.

For some reason the last week I've been just bombarded by this spot for "Fireworks of the Poconos! ONLY 75 MINUTES FROM THE GEORGE WASHINGTON BRIDGE!!!!!"

A) I'm not listening to Greater NYC radio

2) How is a 75 minute drive a marketing point for fireworks?

iii) Has anyone been and is it really worth the 13 hour drive for me?
    I wonder if it’s that the place where the shoe bomber shops?

Quote Originally Posted by Talisman View Post
    It has always been idiots playing with explosives and potentially setting fires, that is what makes fireworks so much fun especially for young. A grass fire that cause the fire department to roll or a hand or eye injury that required transport signaled the end of the session for the day.
    Guilty, though I drove her to the hospital at 2 am.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Bumped in appreciation. He's playing in Reno on the 1st. Free.
    Paul Thorn is awesome. You know he climbed into the ring with Roberto Duran.
    In order to properly convert this thread to a polyasshat thread to more fully enrage the liberal left frequenting here...... (insert latest democratic blunder of your choice).

Quote Originally Posted by TNKen View Post
    Paul Thorn is awesome. You know he climbed into the ring with Roberto Duran.
    The fight is on youtube--not the whole thing as I recall but the last rounds. I think it was stopped because Paul was cut badly and blinded, otherwise could have gone longer.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2H-7NIC2qI

I usually stop at Phantom Fireworks in PA on the way back from Blue Knob. There are also good ones sold in SC along the border.

I avoid things that might fly past our property and keep a garden hose and sprayer on and ready. I also run a sprinkler around the grass where things will get hot before any holiday session.
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Quote Originally Posted by FLS View Post
    Guilty, though I drove her to the hospital at 2 am.
    You are a good man. Eye patch or bandaged hand?

You are a good man. Eye patch or bandaged hand?
    The doctor pulls out mangled plastic from the inside of her nose, asks, can you explain what this is? It was the plastic end cap from the m-80 I threw in to the air. It went through her nostril. Could have taken her eye out or worse. "Fortunately" it cut through on the curve of the nostril so the scar was somewhat hidden. She was also a brides maid in her sisters wedding that weekend. Make-up to hide the black eye but there was no hiding the stitches. I was not very popular at that wedding and felt about 2 inches tall. She was a champ about the whole thing. I still feel terrible about it and it was more than 20 years ago.

At the all night rando event group of us we would ski Ptarmigan at midnight singlefile shooting off roman candles, lots of fun, I don't remember anyone getting hit
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Roman candle wars are the shizzle! Bottle rockets are for sissies. Pros Duke it out with mortars.

Dude I went to HS with, his family ran one or two stands. They’d rent the stand from the main chain place for a flat rate and then keep the profits. Like 3k over a couple of weeks.

Another dude I went to HS with worked at the stand for a dude who rented several stands. He had a little bunk area with a TV and some grass. Whole stand always smelled like weed.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    If we're gonna wear uniforms, we should all wear somethin' different!

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    Roman candle wars are the shizzle! Bottle rockets are for sissies. Pros Duke it out with mortars.
    Ever do it with Flashing Thunders? Less colors, more bangs.

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    Why limit yourself to one device? Roman Candles as a standoff weapon, lit cigar between the teeth and a empty beer bottle with a few bottle rockets to send into those foolish enough to close in when they think you are lighting up another candle.

I'll have to admit to using bottle rockets in a skirmish once. However, we were indoors, so anything else would have been dangerous.

Why limit yourself to one device? Roman Candles as a standoff weapon, lit cigar between the teeth and a empty beer bottle with a few bottle rockets to send into those foolish enough to close in when they think you are lighting up another candle.
    Saw some fool shoot one in to his boot once. Why anyone would tuck their jeans inside to the top of their boots is just begging for that kind of juju justice LOL..
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    Bumping this old thread because the worlds best fireworks stand, BIG BAD ASS FIREWORKS near Gallatin Gateway, Montana, opens back up on June 24th.

Attachment 286227
    Bumping this epic thread for a shout out to BIG BAD ASS FIREWORKS, conveniently located near Bunion’s house.

"Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Fuck them and everyone else who started shooting off bullshit little fireworks beginning last weekend and what will surely be into next weekend.

After skiing around with a pack full of PETN boosters and shooting 100 lb bags of ANFO, firecrackers are a wet fart.

/rant.

Happy July 3rd.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

My trolling of Bunion = successful

"Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Harry 1 Me 0
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

. . .

Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post
    Harry 1 Me 0
    Awww. Such a cute couple. Get a room.

Must suck not to have any friends in real life that also post here.

Watched about $5K worth of fireworks tonight from many of my neighbors....from the privacy of my backyard deck.

I grew up with bottle rocket wars on the basketball court and chasing friends around the yard with roman candles. My favorite was sticking the wick of an M-80 through a lit cigarette and leaving it for the golfers behind us.

Quote Originally Posted by gatorboy View Post
    Watched about $5K worth of fireworks tonight from many of my neighbors....from the privacy of my backyard deck.

I grew up with bottle rocket wars on the basketball court and chasing friends around the yard with roman candles. My favorite was sticking the wick of an M-80 through a lit cigarette and leaving it for the golfers behind us.
    I enjoyed the show and that they spent 5k, but the ones shot toward the mature trees made me a bit nervous. Dog had a rough night for sure.

I need to go to Utah.
    Utah?
    Yeah, Utah. It's wedged in between Wyoming and Nevada. You've seen pictures of it, right?

So after 15 years we finally made it to Utah.....

Thanks BCSAR and POWMOW Ski Patrol for rescues

8, 17, 13, 18, 16, 18, 20, 19, 16, 24, 32, 35

2021/2022 (13/15)