Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Fireworks stands

Seems like a great way to make money, low overhead besides inventory, wouldnt take much time. I'm sure some licensing is required. Anyone have any experience? Obviously depends on the state.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ________________
    "We don't need predator control, we need whiner control. Anyone who complains that "the gummint oughta do sumpin" about the wolves and coyotes should be darted, caged, and released in a more suitable habitat for them, like the middle of Manhattan." - Spats

"I'm constantly doing things I can't do. Thats how I get to do them." - Pablo Picasso

Cisco and his wife are fragile idiots who breed morons.

I talked to some guy that ran one once. I don't recall the exact figures, but his profits were fairly astronomical. Something like $20k for about a month's work of absurdly easy work that can be farmed out to the village idiot. And that's in an area where there's a shitload of competition - there's firework standards like every 50 feet around here.

In other news, my dog fucking hates life this time of year.

Yea, thats what Ive heard too. I'm really curious about licensing costs and inventory costs at wholesale.

Kinda ironic, as I think my employment next summer will either be wildland firefighting or selling fireworks.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ________________
    "We don't need predator control, we need whiner control. Anyone who complains that "the gummint oughta do sumpin" about the wolves and coyotes should be darted, caged, and released in a more suitable habitat for them, like the middle of Manhattan." - Spats

"I'm constantly doing things I can't do. Thats how I get to do them." - Pablo Picasso

Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    Yea, thats what Ive heard too. I'm really curious about licensing costs and inventory costs at wholesale.

Kinda ironic, as I think my employment next summer will either be wildland firefighting or selling fireworks.
    Really? I thought you were going to travel the country giving gaydar demonstrations at state fairs.
    Quando paramucho mi amore de felice carathon.
    Mundo paparazzi mi amore cicce verdi parasol.
    Questo abrigado tantamucho que canite carousel.

doughboyshredder Guest
    In WA you have to be an indian, unless all you want to do is sell snakes and sparklers.

You realize fireworks are pretty much banned this year in most Western States?

You can't even light a sparkler here in CO.

Quote Originally Posted by Hott Butt Mud View Post
    You realize fireworks are pretty much banned this year in most Western States?

You can't even light a sparkler here in CO.
    I think my employment next summer will either be wildland firefighting or selling fireworks.

Don't do it Leroy - you're gonna die up there!

It's a total racket here in DC, and no firecrackers, either. Unfortunately you can't buy bushels of bottle rockets anymore, which means my childhood was waaaaay cooler than the local kids today simply because of hoity toity Golf Course wars that can no longer be waged.

Come to think of it you may ot be allowed to sell fireworks here anymore - haven't seen a stand yet.

Quote Originally Posted by doughboyshredder View Post
    In WA you have to be an indian, unless all you want to do is sell snakes and sparklers.
    I got nothing but mortars from the stand north of town the other year, same with the one on the ridge
    “I have a responsibility to not be intimidated and bullied by low life losers who abuse what little power is granted to them as ski patrollers.”

Quote Originally Posted by toast2266 View Post
    absurdly easy work that can be farmed out to the village idiot.
    I think the whole point of this thread was that the village idiot was thinking of opening his own stand?
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Can you by M-80's anywhere these days? Man, they were fun.

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    Come down to the Lone Star State...we'll hook you up good

i miss fireworks. lived at lake of ozarks in mo and the best fireworks around. my favorite was the 5,000 -15,000 firecracker rolls you hang from a tree. we would spend all day the 4th hanging it up and drinking, rule was we could not light until you heard no fireworks for 5 mins. nothing like 30 mins of firecrackers falling from a tree at 3 am, neighbors loved me.

New guys that used to make a fortune selling out of their trunks in the Bronx back in the day.... Not to hijack your thread but....

Loved M-80's. Block Busters even better. Used to dip m-80's in glue, then roll in BB's and go fishin'. Yeah, we was idiots. Hiked one night to the top of a local "mountain". About an hours hike/rock scramble at like 1 in the morning with my then girlfriend. I had a few left over m-80's. Last one I light and threw in the air exploded close to us. I thought she was laughing. Then the blood starts running down her face. Take off my t-shirt and hold it up to her face. Now we climb back down, get to the hospital about 2:30 am. Doc is looking at he nose. Takes a pair of needle nose looking pliers. Goes in to the inside of her nostral and pulls out a deformed piece of plastic and asks "anyone want to explain this?". The end plug of the m-80 went through her nose. While she was getting stiched up, I had to make the phone call to her parents, very not fun. As an added bonus, she was in her sisters wedding party 2 days later. Make up hid most of her black eye but couldnt hide the 1 inch catapiller of stiches on her nose.... I was not too popular for quite some time. At least she has something to remember me by.

Quote Originally Posted by Tippster View Post
    It's a total racket here in DC, and no firecrackers, either. Unfortunately you can't buy bushels of bottle rockets anymore, which means my childhood was waaaaay cooler than the local kids today simply because of hoity toity Golf Course wars that can no longer be waged.

Come to think of it you may ot be allowed to sell fireworks here anymore - haven't seen a stand yet.
    Can't you just drive to VA or did they shut that down as well? That's the best part of that area. One jurisdiction makes something illegal and you can still get it in the other two. I'll never forget the tarp over the liquor section on Sundays at Tic Toc, beer and wine could be sold but a plastic tarp over the liquor.

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    Unless the law has changed in the last 10 years, you can get pretty much any kind of fireworks in Wyoming, including m80s and big reload able mortars

Ever use a firecracker, a soup can & a coffee can full of water to make a mini rocket? Well, here's a PSA - Using an m80 in place of the firecracker creates a lot of flying shrapnel...

So does a mailbox.

Hugh Conway Guest
    Cockamamie scheme defined.

Here in Michigan they just changed the laws to allow all the good stuff. Tents have popped up everywhere imaginable I could hit up about 10 within a mile or so. Looking around it seems easy to double your money with a cash only business. Seems to be booming around here the last few nights have sounded like a warzone.

So no one actually has any useful information? Tgr always comes through,...

So no one actually has any useful information? Tgr always comes through,...
    All I can say is that every one ive ever been to in Utah is run by what seems to be total white trash trailer folk...if they got money from selling these things they dont spend it. Now..granted the folks running the thing could be the "hired help" but me thinks those are the owners....so you make $20K in a month. can you survive the 11 others with that $20K?

One of my favorite artists.

In order to properly convert this thread to a polyasshat thread to more fully enrage the liberal left frequenting here...... (insert latest democratic blunder of your choice).

Together, those sound like very lucrative if not mutually inclusive employment endeavors, Leroy.

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Conway View Post
    Cockamamie scheme defined.
    Gaddamit, Hugh...

I was telling my wife yesterday that a few teenagers with Molotov cocktails tossed into the tents followed by gasoline-filled paintballs could result in one hell of a fireworks show if they were so inclined.

There's no security whatsoever to speak of at any of the tents near my house.
    Balls Deep in the 'Ho