Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by shredgnar View Post
    Blurred, don't you live in an overgrown condo complex that calls itself "Wilderness" and is surrounded by beetle kill? Something here reminds me of an old saying about glass houses.
    Yup, sure do. I'm also quite aware of the fire danger and would not be surprised if my house burns down this summer. There is a fire 20 miles from my house right now. It is what it is.

If I really care I'll camp out on my roof with a garden hose.

If you build a house at the bottom of an avi chute...be my guest, but don't be surprised I don't offer sympathy when it explodes from a slide ripping through it.

Suppressing nature by preventing fires for decades and then wondering why shit burns in prime conditions is laughable.

Yeah, losing your house sucks, but welcome to reality.

It's my understanding that COs problem with the bark beetle has as much to do with logging as tree hugging forest managers. But don't let facts get in the way of your opinions blurry.
    .....Visit my website. .....

"a yin without a yang"

Quote Originally Posted by BurnHard View Post
    But I cannot stand the self-righteous bullshittism spewed by so many tree hugging "intellectual" who blame every fire on humans and cry about the destruction of nature, when they really are crying about their multi-million-dollar homes burning down and wouldn't care less about nature if the fire was just in a different State. There's always been wild fires, long before we were here and they will still burn long after we're gone, it's a constant life-death cycle and life will always prevail in some way or another. The only reason why we whine about it is because we want that $2Mil home up on Flagstaff Mountain for the million dollar view along with a fake feeling of safety that society provides us 99% of the time.
    I'm sure you would feel exactly the same way if they town or neighborhood you grew up in were burning to the ground along with all your possessions and those of your neighbors and friends.

These are houses on the outskirts of a big fucking city, no? They aren't exactly scattered million dollar log homes up a gravel road in the middle of a forest. Its not often massive subdivisions 10 miles from a downtown area burn to the ground en masse. Where the fuck else do you want these people to live?
    I thought their offices would be strewn with bunny-fucking and condom dispensers, a veritable enchanted forest of cock shafts and twat mist. - JoeStrummer

Quote Originally Posted by Blurred View Post
    If I really care I'll camp out on my roof with a garden hose.
    It's official, Blurred is the most hard core person ever. He can fight this
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	606209553.jpg 
Views:	102 
Size:	129.2 KB 
ID:	117691
    With this

Name:	4189_1340284221.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	30.8 KB 
ID:	117692
    I guess we can tell the firefighters to go home.
    "One season per year, the gods open the skies, and releases a white, fluffy, pillow on top of the most forbidding mountain landscapes, allowing people to travel over them with ease and relative abandonment of concern for safety. It's incredible."

Quote Originally Posted by BraddA View Post
    Listen to us bitch, aren't you guys going on week three of your largest fire ever? Week four maybe?
    yeah, we got an early start on the fire season. I've lost count of how long they have been burning. I'm surprised they are able to get enough air support to get a handle on these fires. they must be spread thin.

"a yin without a yang"

Hugh Conway Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    I'll take that bet for a hundred bucks. 90%? Really?
    what do you expect from the Front Range? Everyone's just like them. Torch the place.

Quote Originally Posted by guroo270 View Post
    It's official, Blurred is the most hard core person ever. He can fight this

Name:	606209553.jpg 
Views:	102 
Size:	129.2 KB 
ID:	117691
    With this

Name:	4189_1340284221.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	30.8 KB 
ID:	117692
    I guess we can tell the firefighters to go home.
    Even better yet, tell the fire fighters to go risk their life because you're stupid and build a house in a forest.

is it winter yet?
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Quote Originally Posted by belgian View Post
    I'm sure you would feel exactly the same way if they town or neighborhood you grew up in were burning to the ground along with all your possessions and those of your neighbors and friends.
    Pretty sure BurnHard lives near the center of the fires in Boulder.

27,000 people don't get evacuated because they live in a forest. Entire neighborhoods are burning here. There isn't a spot in Summit, Eagle, or Clear Creek that qualifies as less "in-the-woods" as the parts of CS that are burning right now. Should we all move away? Or is it just not tragic? Will it be tragic if large portions of California are destroyed by the Big One? Is it only tragic when something unexpected like a meteor hits? But wait! The Earth has been hit by meteors for billions of years! NO SYMPATHY!

Anything could happen... there is always risk... therefor there is no such thing as tragedy and sympathy is a waste?

trag·ic/ˈtrajik/
    Adjective:
    1. Causing or characterized by extreme distress or sorrow.
    2. Suffering extreme distress or sorrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Even better yet, tell the fire fighters to go risk their life because you're stupid and build a house in a forest.
    I don't even know what the fuck you are talking about. Again, I'm in Lafayette. I also don't consider myself a tree hugger. That doesn't mean I wish death upon anyone, or laugh at them for running for their lives. But then again, I probably don't come on TGR for love because it's the last place on earth I can get it.
    "One season per year, the gods open the skies, and releases a white, fluffy, pillow on top of the most forbidding mountain landscapes, allowing people to travel over them with ease and relative abandonment of concern for safety. It's incredible."

It truly is over-sensationalism. I get it though, we're supposed to have a heart, but a lot of the pouring outcry is very akin to tsunami reliefs or malnourished kids Africa or that KONY guy or anything else that makes us want to have a false sense of empathy.

I truly hope this shit is resolved quickly, but really if this wasn't Colorado or if this was say central Arkansas, would a thread have even been created about this? Of course not.

Quote Originally Posted by guroo270 View Post
    I don't even know what the fuck you are talking about. Again, I'm in Lafayette. I also don't consider myself a tree hugger. That doesn't mean I wish death upon anyone, or laugh at them for running for their lives. But then again, I probably don't come on TGR for love because it's the last place on earth I can get it.
    I loooove you man....

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Conway View Post
    what do you expect from the Front Range? Everyone's just like them. Torch the place.
    Looks like God is taking care of that one.

Some of you need to admit the truth. Deep down inside you secretly want this shit to burn so you can enjoy the entertainment.

Quote Originally Posted by Hott Butt Mud View Post
    Some of you need to admit the truth. Deep down inside you secretly want this shit to burn so you can enjoy the entertainment.
    Lol.

All these people that care should actually go help instead of beating on their keyboards....but that would actually require CARING. Lol

Pappagorgio, we are evolutionary preconditioned to care about those closest to us more. So your logical conclusion is because we care less the farther people are away, we shouldn't care about anyone?

Blurred - you live in a subdivision with only one exit vector. The right fire and you won't be on your roof because you and a few thousand others were out at work, school, the store, and won't even be able to get to their home to get prized posessions. Those who are home will be evacuating over trails with only what they can carry on their backs.

Since I am not a wildldand FF, my way of caring has been offering places to stay to some people I know who are/were under evac warning. That is what I can do. What I am not doing is poo-pooing their tragedy in a public manner.
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Looks like God is taking care of that one.
    We shouldn't have traded Tebow. Now, Boulder I'll grant you, but who would have thought the Springs was Sodom and/or Gomorrah?

If any of you in danger of the fires need help, send me a pm.

Blurred will just fly away and land in Dillon or drive truck straight down the hill to Lowe's with GoPro rolling.

Lol.

All these people that care should actually go help instead of beating on their keyboards....but that would actually require CARING. Lol
    I've spent the last 3 days reaching out to everyone I know, every mag who has mentioned friends w/ loss, even sent an email to the guys at Icelantic, seeing if they have been displaced, or if they know someone who has been displaced, to see if they would like to use our guest room, fold out, guest bath, and basement, and trying to see if I can help them move any of their valuables. That's what I'm doing beating on my computer. I'm not about to go battle that beast with a hose on someone's roof.

See, under that gruff exterior is a big ol heart. I love you blurry. You complete me.

"a yin without a yang"

Btw Wurkle, my "subdivision" as you call it has already been thinned for this exact reason. Fires are not a surprise and anyone with two working brain cells know this summer would come. Notice how only certain parts of summit have been thinned? It's strategic believe it or not. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by BraddA View Post
    ...A C-130 doesn't hurt, but we owe a lot to the crews up there on foot last night. Really impressive stuff.
    You owe most of it to the crews. Airtankers don't put fires out, they only slow them down. Hence the name retardant instead of extinguisher.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyber Cop View Post
    ...I'm surprised they are able to get enough air support to get a handle on these fires. they must be spread thin.
    I'm certain that the air resources are spread thin. There were only 9 airtankers on contract this year in the l48 US and two have crashed this season. The C-130s are all military ships fitted with temporary MAFFS units that are only called on when all contract ATs are committed. I've seen pictures of what look like Canadian ATs, so I think we're calling in the foreigners to help. Congress and the FS/DOI have been fucking the dog on ATs for a few years now, and the fleet of contract ATs has gone from 44 to 7 in 10 years.

Blurred is a pro-tour douche.

Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post
    You owe most of it to the crews. Airtankers don't put fires out, they only slow them down. Hence the name retardant instead of extinguisher.

I'm certain that the air resources are spread thin. There were only 9 airtankers on contract this year in the l48 US and two have crashed this season. The C-130s are all military ships fitted with temporary MAFFS units that are only called on when all contract ATs are committed. I've seen pictures of what look like Canadian ATs, so I think we're calling in the foreigners to help.

Blurred is a pro-tour douche.
    Yeah, they activated 5 Convairs and the DC10 earlier this month.

DC10 actually saw action on some initial attack runs in NM I think.
    "These are crazy times Mr Hatter, crazy times. Crazy like Buddha! Muwahaha!"