Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Summer vacation. short notice where to go.

I have some time off middle of next month, and want to go somewhere sunny and beachy. we were thinking Belize, at it's their rainy season. Any ideas? Price is a factor, so vacationing with Russians in turkey or Croatia is no.
    god created man. winchester and baseball bats made them equal - evel kenievel

I can't remember who it was but somebody here went to Cancun a couple weeks ago and shot some really nice pics. It looked really nice, way better than I thought it would be.

Belize I wasn't crazy about myself but others here have liked it. If you dive I guess Belize is amazing.

hey z the area around santa barbara is splendid with lots of golf.
    also this time of year hawaii has great deals and excellent golf, kinda like the beaches as well. bunch of hawaiian mags and snoslut to set you up with good adventures.
    have fun buddy
    bF

doughboyshredder Guest
    San Juan del Sur, Nicaragua.
    Flights and 4 star hotel for a week. $1,000.00 per person.
    Nicaragua is high on my list of places to go. Cheap and beautiful.

lets see a photo of one of their holding cells too.

Not sure what your price range is but Koh Samui/Phangan/Tao islands in Thailand are badass and I don't think it's their rainy season yet. Flights aren't cheap but lodging and food is. I just got back from my honeymoon and spent a couple nights on a beach front bungalow for $18 a night.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using TGR Forums

doughboyshredder Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by flowing alpy View Post
    lets see a photo of one of their holding cells too.
    I'd be much more concerned about being imprisoned in the US than in Nicaragua. By the numbers American cities are much more dangerous to visit.

The old Nicaragua is no more.
    Tourism is on the rise dramatically.

Mexico is infinitely more dangerous than Nicaragua.

Shit, fly to Roatan, Honduras on Continental from Houston. Stay here: http://www.tranquilseas.com/ Tell them Tipp says hello.

well i'm not sending him off to kentennesouri or something, i mean how much trouble can z bo get into chillaxin in coastal cal. or hawaii usa?

Hugh Conway Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by SkeezeBall View Post
    Not sure what your price range is but Koh Samui/Phangan/Tao islands in Thailand are badass and I don't think it's their rainy season yet. Flights aren't cheap but lodging and food is. I just got back from my honeymoon and spent a couple nights on a beach front bungalow for $18 a night.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using TGR Forums
    June is most definitely the rainy season in thailand. If you are flying half way around the world right now, indonesia, Cheap, but airfare might not be if you are a cunt

fuck them and their airline craptastic treatment and take your honey on a little coastal trip up and down the west coast of the beautiful USA.

Quote Originally Posted by doughboyshredder View Post
    I'd be much more concerned about being imprisoned in the US than in Nicaragua. By the numbers American cities are much more dangerous to visit.

The old Nicaragua is no more.
    Tourism is on the rise dramatically.

Mexico is infinitely more dangerous than Nicaragua.
    This is part truth. Tourism is on the rise, Mexico is much more dangerous, in certain parts. You simply can't compare SJDS to Tijuana, or certain parts of Managua to Cancun. Chances of being robbed of your possessions at machete or gun point are higher in Nicaragua than the US. If you DO wind up in one of their holding cells, you may not get out. They have a history of not allowing evidence on behalf of the defense.

OP, if you do decide on Nicaragua, PM me for the low down. Also, I'm throwing a huge party with a DJ near San Juan 7/25, and your'e more than welcome to attend. Plenty of Spanish speakers and English speakers at that party, so everyone should be comfortable.

DBS, that photo is, I believe, taken from in front of the Jesus On The Rock deck. Fun hike/trail scramble best done right before sunset. If you look at the other side of the bay, you can see a lighthouse on the point. That hike is a bitch.
    "Yo!! Brentley! Ya wanna get faded before work?"

Fly to Portland and take a road trip down the coast to San Francisco. Should be absolutely stunning right now. PM me for some must see stops if you go with this.
    "One season per year, the gods open the skies, and releases a white, fluffy, pillow on top of the most forbidding mountain landscapes, allowing people to travel over them with ease and relative abandonment of concern for safety. It's incredible."

^^BAD timing. We start June Gloom in, well, June. We have had a ridiculous amount of beautiful weather lately, but planning a trip at this time of year, a month out, would not be too smart. I would do this in October if you're looking for the best weather.
    "Yo!! Brentley! Ya wanna get faded before work?"

Quote Originally Posted by BS720 View Post
    ^^BAD timing. We start June Gloom in, well, June. We have had a ridiculous amount of beautiful weather lately, but planning a trip at this time of year, a month out, would not be too smart. I would do this in October if you're looking for the best weather.
    Well, that takes out the drive through Oregon for the most part. October was when a monsoon came through s. oregon and destroyed my RV.
    "One season per year, the gods open the skies, and releases a white, fluffy, pillow on top of the most forbidding mountain landscapes, allowing people to travel over them with ease and relative abandonment of concern for safety. It's incredible."

Quote Originally Posted by Tippster View Post
    Shit, fly to Roatan, Honduras on Continental from Houston. Stay here: http://www.tranquilseas.com/ Tell them Tipp says hello.
    Roatan is on my short list...
    Something about the wrinkle in your forehead tells me there's a fit about to get thrown
    And I never hear a single word you say when you tell me not to have my fun
    It's the same old shit that I ain't gonna take off anyone.
    and I never had a shortage of people tryin' to warn me about the dangers I pose to myself.

Patterson Hood of the DBT's

Quote Originally Posted by Tye 1on View Post
    Roatan is on my short list...
    I've been to Bay Island Beach resort there for some scuba as a kid. If that's why you're going, I've heard the second largest barrier reef in the world has been under attack ever since, and that visibility and fish life has gone down. Not sure about any recent news about it. Bay Island Beach Resort was nice. Kind of like 8 or so quadroplexes for rooms, some nearer the water than others, and Anthony's Key Resort was just down the road and looked fancier. Anthony's had their own dolphin pen for swimming with those guys. Never stopped in there though. I also remember smoking a doobie as a 15 year old with one of the resort staff, we stole the golf cart and cruised by a few guards with machine guns sharing ear buds on my mini disc player.

I asked for a drink at the bar there. She said, "Are you 18?" Yes I say. She grabs my passport and says, "Ohhh, you're 23, I'm sorry." I guess they count their years in kilometers.

Quote Originally Posted by guroo270 View Post
    I've been to Bay Island Beach resort there for some scuba as a kid. If that's why you're going, I've heard the second largest barrier reef in the world has been under attack ever since, and that visibility and fish life has gone down. Not sure about any recent news about it.
    Here's the recent news, well as of X-mas when we were there: A couple years ago they established a Marine Sanctuary along the whole North side of the island and it's in awesome shape. The owner of Tranquilseas, Chris, is a big force behind it.
    Bay Island Beach Resort was nice. Kind of like 8 or so quadroplexes for rooms, some nearer the water than others, and Anthony's Key Resort was just down the road and looked fancier. Anthony's had their own dolphin pen for swimming with those guys. Never stopped in there though.
    Meh. Bay Island closed in 2010. Tranquilseas is about a km West of Anthony's Key, and much nicer - here's the SportDiver review: http://tranquilseas.com/roatan-divin...ver-review.pdf Anthony's key is shit. It's huge, has crappy food, shitty service, and no soul whatsoever. It's the Disney of the West End. We did the dolphin experience there which was canned but kinda cool, but other than that the place sucked.

That doesn't surprise me. I remember BIBR not being all that nice, even if they did have the best juice I've ever tasted. No clue what it was. Doesn't surprise me about Anthony's Key either. You're review makes me glad we never stopped there. I remember wanting to swim with their dolphins until I was scuba diving and got to see some underwater, along with one of two creatures on my bucket list, a pair of eagle rays (the other is a whale shark). My ex-step dad and his dad still makes trips down there and organizes a toys for tots kind of event for the kids in Honduras.

Nice to know they've protected them shits. You could see about 120-200 ft when I was there.

Building a fighting force of extra-ordinary magnitude
    Quote Originally Posted by flowing alpy View Post
    chillaxin
    I have nothing to add other than I HATE this stupid word.

Right up there with "totes!" and "ROTFL!"

you may continue now.
    thats new hampshire as fuck

We ain't eager to be legal, so please leave me with the keys to your Jeep Eagle.

Thanks everybody. I am leaning toward the yucatan but not liking the rainy season part of it with hot temps. Also thinking Hawaii. any Hawaii recommendations?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using TGR Forums
    god created man. winchester and baseball bats made them equal - evel kenievel

Quote Originally Posted by Zeedashbo View Post
    any Hawaii recommendations?
    Have either of you been before?

I couldn't believe how much fun I had when MrsB dragged me to the big Island a few years back. Try finding a VRBO property near Kona?
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Quote Originally Posted by Zeedashbo View Post
    Thanks everybody. I am leaning toward the yucatan but not liking the rainy season part of it with hot temps. Also thinking Hawaii. any Hawaii recommendations?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using TGR Forums
    if you end up thinking Yucatan, check out Isla Mujeres...
    Something about the wrinkle in your forehead tells me there's a fit about to get thrown
    And I never hear a single word you say when you tell me not to have my fun
    It's the same old shit that I ain't gonna take off anyone.
    and I never had a shortage of people tryin' to warn me about the dangers I pose to myself.

Patterson Hood of the DBT's

Quote Originally Posted by Tye 1on View Post
    if you end up thinking Yucatan, check out Isla Mujeres...
    2nd this.

If you're single and you like drunk Argentinan coeds in tiny bikinis, its a turkey shoot. Unfortunately I was on my honeymoon and I happen to love Argentinan coeds with tiny bikinis.
    Balls Deep in the 'Ho

Quote Originally Posted by guroo270 View Post
    Fly to Portland and take a road trip down the coast to San Francisco. Should be absolutely stunning right now. PM me for some must see stops if you go with this.
    Not many people who live in Seattle fly to Portland to rent a car and drive to SF. Of this, I am certain.