Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

2012 Tour de France Fantasy Cycling

Same deal as last year and in 2010.

Running two leagues again this year... Velogames doesn't allow changes to your roster once the tour starts. NBC allows you to activate/bench riders each day (you need 9 active riders out of your 15 man team).

Velogames:
    http://www.velogames.com/tdf/index.php
    League Name: TGR
    League Code: 23173437

NBC:
    http://nbcfantasy.stats.com/cycling/index.asp
    Group: TGR2012
    Password: maggots
    Last edited by spanky; 06-29-2012 at 09:26 AM. Reason: Updated with *correct* NBC group info
    Because rich has nothing to do with money.

Velogames has one set up now, if anybody's interested.
    The Sheriff is near!

Thanks for the reminder Spanky. Personally, I liked the platform we used in 2010 more than last years. That said I'm good with whatever the collective decides.

velogames.com

Quote Originally Posted by tom111869 View Post
    velogames.com

I'm in
    just try and beat "The Beaters"

PickelPowered is ready to roll

The Sag Wagon is rolling!
    The Sheriff is near!

I'm in. I expect this tour has the makings of a giant clusterfuck.

Almost everyone likes tejay...!

He was cheap

OK The Ferrari PEDlers is ready

Trying to overlay Olympics aspirations made this hard - that's why I didn't pick Cavendish

Guess I'm the only one that didn't pick TJ

Pedalpunk is live

Nevermind ..

Last edited by huckbucket; 06-24-2012 at 10:42 PM.

Clean Bottle Boyz are in.. Bring it.

Well shit, forgot to use my TGR name for the name field *facepalm* Tried to change it in the system but wow, that's some 3rd grade horseshit coding going on.

The Spanish Beef Injectors are in the house though, and now y'all know my real name.
    Be careful about buying snowboard goggles for skiing. Snowboard goggles come in right eye and left eye (for goofy-footers) dominant models. This can make it hard to see correctly when skiing because you are facing straight down the hill, not sideways.

Quote Originally Posted by ICEHOCEY77 View Post
    I expect this tour has the makings of a giant clusterfuck.
    Care to elaborate?

I'm usually hopeless at this shit, but I'm in.

Quote Originally Posted by telebobski View Post
    Care to elaborate?
    what you alluded to, plus Bertie and Andy being out. Tack on starting on Belgian roads, the first few stages along/near the coast, and I expect we'll have some contenders go out early via crashes and crosswinds. Throw in the 100km of ITT. The mountaintop finishes mainly coming in the early-middle part of the race. Just seems like a mess. Usually I can get a pretty clear picture of what should develop, but I have no clue about this tour.

what you alluded to, plus Bertie and Andy being out. Tack on starting on Belgian roads, the first few stages along/near the coast, and I expect we'll have some contenders go out early via crashes and crosswinds. Throw in the 100km of ITT. The mountaintop finishes mainly coming in the early-middle part of the race. Just seems like a mess. Usually I can get a pretty clear picture of what should develop, but I have no clue about this tour.
    I'm taking that as a good thing. It shouldn't turn into extreme gimmicks like that Giro from two years ago, but I like some uncertainty. What fun is it if we know the outcome before it starts?

Ok, good. Was a little concerned there was some pending doping drama (besides the bruynnehl, Ferrari et al thing).

Seems like every tour has some chaos. Wasn't it in '09 where there was a stiff cross wind on an early stage, Dopestrong made the break and Contadope got caught back and whined later about no one waiting to tow him up? IIRC was the same year they had one stage on cobbles that resulted in major carnage. Ad last year or 2010 they had the oil slick that took out a bunch of folks in like stage 2?

FWIW, I'm betting Hesjdahl doesn't finish the Tour. Already won the Giro, and wants to focus on Olympics.

Quote Originally Posted by telebobski View Post
    Ok, good. Was a little concerned there was some pending doping drama (besides the bruynnehl, Ferrari et al thing).

Seems like every tour has some chaos. Wasn't it in '09 where there was a stiff cross wind on an early stage, Dopestrong made the break and Contadope got caught back and whined later about no one waiting to tow him up? IIRC was the same year they had one stage on cobbles that resulted in major carnage. Ad last year or 2010 they had the oil slick that took out a bunch of folks in like stage 2?

FWIW, I'm betting Hesjdahl doesn't finish the Tour. Already won the Giro, and wants to focus on Olympics.
    Yeah the Bertie/Lance situation is similar to what we could see this year. Also forgot there's a stage in the south of France on the water as well. I think Bertie also had trouble on the cobbles that year as well. I think it was either Mayo or Basso that had their tour ruined after having a puncture on the cobbles at the beginning of a tour. But probably the best was the 99 tour where the favorites wiped out/got held up on the Passage du Gois and Armstrong basically won by default. I used to have it saved on my youtube favorite, but looks like it got deleted.

EDIT: here it is

Team Chamois Time is in!
    あなたのおっぱいは富士山のように美しいです。富士

Kendo Yamamoto "1984"

Down Valley Dopers in de house...

... But probably the best was the 99 tour where the favorites wiped out/got held up on the Passage du Gois and Armstrong basically won by default.
    Another great example of why folks with GC aspirations should ALWAYS ride near the front...