Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeedashbo View Post
    Do you ski?
    How much do you ski?
    Where do you ski?
    A dishonest account of your skiing abilities and maybe a picture.
    I ski, but it seems to be less and less each season. Before every season I tell myself "ok, this is the year I ski more" but it never seems to happen. At this point I'm down to under 10 days per season.

Lately I've skied more outside Washington than in state. Mostly Whistler, but have taken trips to Jackson Hole and Vail in the last couple years, too. My abilities are commensurate with someone who skis 10 days per year. My fitness level helps a lot, but get me into anything that requires good technique and I'm going to struggle.

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    ICEMANPOSTSINJEANS
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post
    Someone has to do this:
    Yes
    A lot
    In the mountains
    I'm the best skier on the mountain
    A picture? Really? Okay, but it's an old one.:

Edit: now, back to asshattery.
    Same place as your avatar right?

I've been there too!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0188.jpg 
Views:	82 
Size:	176.5 KB 
ID:	117491
    Quote Originally Posted by MotherFucker View Post
    I don't think anyone is arguing the guy can rip, it's the "everyone prove to me you do something I really shouldn't give a shit about" thread that's kinda funny.

In other words, you can tell it's going to be a high of 99 today because the heat is frying our fucking heads.
    Actually I think its more like, isnt it funny that this used to really be a skiing forum with a side as asshattery now its really an arguing on the internet forum with a side of ski stoke.

I've skied 130+ days a year for the past 5 years, except this year as I blew my acl in february, still got 80something though I think, and this year was shittastic.

What initially drew me to this place was the tech talk forum, I learned a ton, then I didn't need to learn any more and the ski stoke and community really kept me around, I've met some awesome backcountry skiing partners through this place. Most of those people don't even post here any more, I really think the vast majority of posters don't get more than 20 days a year. This place used to be full of people who make the core of the real ski community, but now its really just a bunch of idiots that argue on the internet, and thats really all I come here for any more. I get zeebos point. Arguing on the internet is cool and all, but this place is a shadow of its former greatness. If I didn't have a partner for some adventure I wanted to do now I'd just do it solo, it wouldnt even enter my mind to try and find some stranger from tgr to get after it with me.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Views:	5 
Size:	170.7 KB 
ID:	117490  
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ________________
    "We don't need predator control, we need whiner control. Anyone who complains that "the gummint oughta do sumpin" about the wolves and coyotes should be darted, caged, and released in a more suitable habitat for them, like the middle of Manhattan." - Spats

"I'm constantly doing things I can't do. Thats how I get to do them." - Pablo Picasso

Cisco and his wife are fragile idiots who breed morons.

Leroy is the core of the real ski community. The rest of us can shit or get off the pot.
    .....Visit my website. .....

"a yin without a yang"

Hugh Conway Guest
    yeah, you know it all Leroy and there's no need to learn....

Move upside and let the man go through...

Bobby Stainless Guest
    Haha.

EVERY forum, was always better. Old members always talk about a forum's former greatness, and how now it's "not the same", and how they or the "good" members don't even post anymore.

This place is 24/7 entertainment.

Hugh Conway Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Stainless View Post
    Haha.

EVERY forum, was always better. Old members always talk about a forum's former greatness, and how now it's "not the same", and how they or the "good" members don't even post anymore.

This place is 24/7 entertainment.
    another revelation from bobby stupid

BTW... people that count days are fucking retarded. Almost as much as those that count their vert. I had a friend/co-worker in Jackson who prided himself on riding every day the mountain was open for years straight. I remember one day he was sick and puking. Even had to leave work early the night before but got up, went to the gondi, got his pass scanned, rode up and skied down sick as hell with the flu and went home after that one run just so he "wouldn't miss a day" and he could keep his ongoing record. SO FUCKING STUPID. Take your badge of honor and shove it up your ass. I'm not impressed.

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Conway View Post
    yeah, you know it all Leroy and there's no need to learn....
    Thats really ironic coming from captain smug I know everything hugh giant douche conway. I didnt say I didnt have any more to learn but that I dont need to learn any more, there are better uses of my time than learning the minutia of ski technology.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ________________
    "We don't need predator control, we need whiner control. Anyone who complains that "the gummint oughta do sumpin" about the wolves and coyotes should be darted, caged, and released in a more suitable habitat for them, like the middle of Manhattan." - Spats

"I'm constantly doing things I can't do. Thats how I get to do them." - Pablo Picasso

Quote Originally Posted by Cyber Cop View Post
    Leroy is the core of the real ski community. The rest of us can shit or get off the pot.
    Oooh no, I told someone to shit or get off the pot, do you think you saying that bothers me, or is funny?

Bobby Stainless Guest
    Hugh is just mad that the internet isn't what it used to be. Poor little fella.

Imagine if that was all you had...

Quote Originally Posted by systemoverblow'd View Post
    BTW... people that count days are fucking retarded. Almost as much as those that count their vert. I had a friend/co-worker in Jackson who prided himself on riding every day the mountain was open for years straight. I remember one day he was sick and puking. Even had to leave work early the night before but got up, went to the gondi, got his pass scanned, rode up and skied down sick as hell with the flu and went home after that one run just so he "wouldn't miss a day" and he could get keep his ongoing record. SO FUCKING STUPID. Take your badge of honor and shove it up your ass. I'm not impressed.
    Who said its a badge of honor? Jesus christ you need a hug. I dont count days I just ask a lifty girl how many days I got at the end of the season.

Bobby Stainless Guest
    Forgot.

I have also done all the Extreme runs at Aspen. FTMFW!

Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    Who said its a badge of honor? Jesus christ you need a hug. I dont count days I just ask a lifty girl how many days I got at the end of the season.
    Who the fuck was talking to you? In the thread question OP asked how often. I stated that people that count days are retarded. Sorry you're retarded bro but I wasn't commenting on you. If you TRULY didn't care you would have never asked the chick. You don't even realize how much it matters to you and that's the sad part. You've even remembered for how many years your streak was running and how many you got this year with your injury.

more fluff.

Move upside and let the man go through...

Hugh Conway Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Stainless View Post
    Imagine if that was all you had...
    I'd probably ask for "vibes" from a bunch of dickwads because my dog died.

Quote Originally Posted by systemoverblow'd View Post
    Who the fuck was talking to you? In the thread question OP asked how often. I stated that people that count days are retarded. Sorry you're retarded bro but I wasn't commenting on you. If you TRULY didn't care you would have never asked the chick. You don't even realize how much it matters to you and that's the sad part. You've even remembered for how many years your streak was running and how many you got this year with your injury.
    Would you like a hug? Truth be told those were estimations as I dont really care, however I do think its worth noting that many of the most prolific posters on skiing forum probably get fewer than 20 a year.

This thread is a great microcosm of this site. A tiny bit of stoke, a few humorfull posts, and then humorless trolls incredibly self satisfied with their humorless trolling. Someone post a naked pic of a girl, someone rip someone off in a gear exchange with much ado abot potential justice which will be incredibly anticlimactic, and someone else try and get someone fired, and it will be complete

Bobby Stainless Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Conway View Post
    I'd probably ask for "vibes" from a bunch of dickwads because my dog died.

Same place as your avatar right?
    Close - the picture of me skiing is on La Plata Peak on the other side of Indy pass.

I've been there too!
    Click image for larger version. 

Views:	82 
Size:	176.5 KB 
ID:	117491
    I remember reading that. It seemed for a while there you and JJJSJr (speaking of your bc partners that don't post anymore) were skiing right behind me. IIRC you guys also hit Independence Peak like the day after I did.

Nobody posts here anymore - it's too crowded.

Oooh no, I told someone to shit or get off the pot, do you think you saying that bothers me, or is funny?
    yes, it is funny Leroy. As funny as the time you called out Chris Davenport. Or rather should I say he called you out. This community would not be the same without you. And I say that with love and a hug.
    .....Visit my website. .....

"a yin without a yang"

Quote Originally Posted by gatorboy View Post
    Shouldn't a skiing gut-check belong in the skiing/snowboarding forum?
    Are you going to post this question in sprocket or surf? Probably not.
    D-bag

You sound like my bitch. Its a skiing based website. You must live in Colorado.

I was just hoping to get a wake up call to the dissenters.
    god created man. winchester and baseball bats made them equal - evel kenievel

I ski every other day, and am the second greatest skier on the "mountain."

Same boat as Leroy this year; out with torn ACL Dec. 2nd @23 days. As bad a season as it was, I still missed being there in person to bitch about it. At least I had TGR.

2010/2011 was an all-time high 125ish days. The magic number I try to hit every year is 69. After that it's all gravy.

I know I've been lucky as shit to be able to ski as much as I have over the past 20 years. Hopefully I've got some skills to show for it.

I have no pictures/vids to corroborate my story.
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovetoskiatalta View Post
    Dude its losers like you that give ski bums a bad rap.

I'm only here because it's the only forum I could think of where I could surround myself with upper middle class white people and not have to own a beemer first.