SLC trail suggestions for Tuesday

Any suggestions for a good ride preferably south of SLC. We will be passing through on our way to Durango. My wife will be with me so something not too technical but also fun for me to ride. she is somewhat experienced and can handle most Durango trail riding to give you an idea. Something not far out of the way is also good. Any suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks

Wasatch Crest, Corner Canyon, Little Cottonwood. All good rides and in the south part of the Valley. You'd want a shuttle for the Crest trail, but it's the best of the 3.

What kind of distance, climb, time are you looking for?

10-15 miles around 1-2 hour ride looking for something shorter. Just something to get on the trail for a bit. Never ridden in SLC area so not real sure what to expect. We are used to pretty big climbs followed by long descents.

corner canyon in draper, up clarks>jacob's ladder, down and out ghost falls ghost falls is a nice quick, ~2hr ride if you are looking for something south of town. basically an hour:30 up and :30 down, give or take.

*caveat - i would suggest it in the am, when its cooler and less folks out. if you are mid-day or afternoon the crest might the best call. you can hire a shuttle too.
    go for rob

www.dpsskis.com

i second corner canyon....many options for rides, up clarks down rush, up the double track road, down ghost falls = a nice two hour ride
    http://www.utahmountainbiking.com/ is a good resource
    ayuh

Flying Dog in Park City? About the same driving distance as Draper from SLC. Super fun ride.
    All I know is that I don't know nothin'... and that's fine.

Thanks for replies that link is perfect. I think we will try the corner canyon riding. We will be staying near draper so it will work the best and looks like it has a lot of options if we decide to go shorter or longer.

Consider riding Ann's Trail above Clark's trail as well. Scenic valley views, super buff, smooth, fast, fun.

(Corner Canyon)

Great Utah trail resource here too. Every single trail mapped by GPS.

http://skidmap.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Long Duck Dong View Post
    Great Utah trail resource here too. Every single trail mapped by GPS.

http://skidmap.com/
    wow never seen this map!! supersick
    ayuh

JQualls if you guys have never done it the Crest is kinda a must ride for the area. I'd be willing show you the trail and run the shuttle with you. It's up Big Cottonwood canyon. PM for my number if you're interested.

BigEast are you around? We gotta ride!
    There's nothing better than sliding down snow, and flying through the air

I'll second the vote for the Crest. With the gate up in Millcreek Canyon closed, you can really bomb that section with out fear of squashing a hiker. If you wanna do Draper, feel free to shoot me a PM. I don't have to be in to work until about 2:00, and would be glad to show you around. Here's a couple more Draper specific links. If you want any more beta on the area, feel free to ask.

Draper GIS

Draper Map PDF

Corner canyon is aiight, but the crest trail is epic. If you are going to go for one ride around here, you have to hit the crest imo

Crest is sweet, corner canyon is an easy in and out, the Quary Trail in LCC is just for training 6 up and down, nothing too long. I'll go out and suggest this...

Start out at the Timpanooke Trail Head, from there follow Salamander Flat to Ridge 157. It has two DH's, nothing that technical

Clockwise = http://www.skidmap.com/?layer=terrai...0c92-f414-6725
    If you can't dig it, you ain't got no shovel

No out of towner should ever be suggested to ride Temple Quarry Trail. It boggles my mind trying to figure out why so many people ride that.