Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Talking Livin' La Vida LOCA!!!

As of three months ago my life has turned into an utter maelstrom of events and obligations. When I arrived to Chamonix mid March the snow was dwindling and summer seemed like it was right around the corner. Then what do you know, a MASSIVE influx of snow and fog rolled in for the entire month of April and we were shredding pow everyday. Verbier was off the hook, we were the only people on the Jumbo and to the top of Mont Fort a couple times. Apparently Switzerland doesn't ski after April 1st. That's fine with me.

Gang bang on the backside of Mont Fort. I'm the only splitboarder.

Jamie Bond photo

Group pee. I want in!

Jamie Bond photo

Glacier de Nantillon.

Killer Cosmique Pow

Davide De Masi Photo

Maria De Bari came to visit after she CRUSHED in the Verbier Extreme!

After endless days of bottomless pow we needed some sun, so we went to Les Calanques for climbs. This was a five pitch climb called Eau and Vide. It's only accessible by boat or rappel. Super fun 6a pitches.

It's SO beautiful here!!!!! PARADIS!

I flew into SLC then had two days to completely move out of my house and drive 14 hours to Leavenworth, Wa to start almost a month of guide training for American Alpine Institute. Three and a half weeks of super intensive training in the bush. As I'm driving I find a funny looking red oval on the back of my arm and Dave told me it was Lyme disease! I broke down, super stressed out, I went into an Urgent Care and sure enough I had the Lyme. I got some antibiotics and was able to rid myself of that nasty crap.

There was six of us in training and we had the most epic weather EVAR!!! Our first trip we headed to Mt. Baker to climb the N. Ridge. I decided not to bring my snowboard boots because my pack was already like 80 lbs so I rode in plastic mountaineering boots with no ankle support. My feet felt like they were going to snap right off. A team of three of us practiced riding down the Coleman glacier roped up with big packs on. It was the hardest snowboarding I've ever done! The rope is constantly getting all tangled around each person. I had to do a 360 on the end of the rope to untangle myself before it almost cut my tit off and made me fall into a crevasse.

Good thing we know how to do crevasse rescue!

Liberty Bell, Wa Pass

Everett's bindings tore out before the trip so he wore his Scarpa AT boots in a splitboard, with splitboard bindings and had never snowboarded before! Killing it.

We dug a 20 ft. hole by the Mirkwood camp on Mt. Baker for water. There's also a shitter in the woods that AAI drops off there. I had no idea these resources existed! Go get some glacier water and take a leisure poo as you watch the sun set over the Cascades! YAY!

I'll be designing my own courses at AAI out of Bellingham, Washington, combining splitboarding and alpine climbing. They will probably start running next spring. The trips will be from 3-5 days, probably trips up Silver Star, Liberty Bell, the Early Winter Spires or Forbidden Peak. The trips will involve backcountry shreddage, multi-pitch rock climbing, and climbing a multi-pitch alpine route and snowboarding down. I'm also hoping to be doing some backcountry steep couloir clinics and maybe some Cascade volcano trips.
    Contact AAI at (360) 671-1505 for inquiries!!! COME SHRED WITH ME!!!!!!
    Last edited by BettyDee; 07-18-2012 at 08:22 PM.

spook Guest
    nice....

gettin after it!! sweet pics

Getting it done

Cool stuff - love that last pic of the Calanques
    fur bearing, drunk, prancing eurosnob

love the climbing/nail polish combo
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

Very nice
    "The idea wasnt for me, that I would be the only one that would ever do this. My idea was that everybody should be doing this. At the time nobody was, but this was something thats too much fun to pass up." -Briggs
    Quote Originally Posted by LeeLau View Post
    Wear your climbing harness. Attach a big anodized locker to your belay loop so its in prime position to hit your nuts. Double russian Ti icescrews on your side loops positioned for maximal anal rape when you sit down. Then everyone will know your radness
    More stoke, less shit.

sick, great pics as well.
    I don't work and I don't save, desperate women pay my way.

great pics, good luck with your future endeavors.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hohes View Post
    I couldn't give a fuck, but today I am procrastinating so TGR is my filler.
    Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    faceshots are a powerful currency
    get paid

I love the liberty bell!
    ... jfost is really ignorant, he often just needs simple facts laid out for him...

Beautiful yet rowdy. Money!

The floggings will continue until morale improves.

Forgot to mention, the refreshing thing about this TR? No link to the blog....genuine stoke

Awesome! Thanks for sharing.

Very nice, shred Betty!

Betty Dee! Good luck with the guide training. Get after it and please continue to share the stoke. Huge inspiration for my daughters. Thanks.
    The Passion is in the Risk

splendid. thanks for sharing.
    step off the A, bro.

Totally badass.

Thanks for sharing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernest_Hemingway View Post
    I realize there is not much hope for a bullfighting forum. I understand that most of you would prefer to discuss the ingredients of jacket fabrics than the ingredients of a brave man. I know nothing of the former. But the latter is made of courage, and skill, and grace in the presence of the possibility of death. If someone could make a jacket of those three things it would no doubt be the most popular and prized item in all of your closets.

Nice work Betty!
    Shameless spam: Trip reports and Gear reviews and if you want to support what I do follow me on Instagram @KyleMiller411

Solid work, way to get er done. Pretty pictures too!
    “I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different.”
    ― Kurt Vonnegut, A Man Without a Country

www.mymountaincoop.ca

This is OUR mountain - come join us!

x2 on the inspiration for my mini-magette, and also some GREAT stoke. Thanks for sharing.
    Quote Originally Posted by RockBoy View Post
    The wife's not gonna be happy when she sees a few dollars missing from the savings and a note on the door that reads, "Gone to AK for the week. Remember to walk the dog."
    Quote Originally Posted by kannonbal View Post
    Damn it. You never get a powder day you didn't ski back. The one time you blow off a day, or a season, it will be the one time it is the miracle of all history. The indescribable flow, the irreplaceable nowness, the transcendental dance; blink and you miss it.
    Some people blink their whole lives.

good stuff! and that climbing spot looks exceptional.
    Ich bitte dich nur, weck mich nicht.

I want to ski with you!!!

Oh yeah, and climb too

big bump for betty