180cm 04/05 Tankers

Brand spankin' new, being sold en masse by Kneissl through a Vancouver, CAN consigment shop. About 15 pairs left.

All-in cost (shipping, tax, etc): a measly $310 US!

North Shore Sports Swap
    604-983-2272 229 Mountain Highway, North Vancouver, BC V7J 3P2

Pretty stiff, very solid feeling, wood-core, 93mm underfoot, fair amount of shape. With the exception of having a somewhat low-profile tip and a little too much shape for long turns, I have no complaints about this ski! It rocks!! Bomber construction too, I have beaten the DOODY out of mine, and they are still in great shape.
    Last edited by Yossarian; 02-03-2005 at 05:17 PM.
    Thrutchworthy Production Services

Oh, no. This could not be happening at a worse time- I want these skis, I have no money, and I have some new-in-the-box 916s sitting at home. Yoss, you bitch-goddess- no longer will I thruch it.

DO IT!

Best,
    Satan

Last edited by Yossarian; 02-03-2005 at 05:18 PM.

Any beta on how they tele??

Ask Pinner, he rode them tele with Linkens for a while, I believe.
    Better yet, go to the source - telemarktips.com forums, and search on Tankers. You'll get at least two or three threads that I can think of that will discuss them.

any 190's per chance?
    i'll prolly call tomorrow.
    worked mine over pretty good last weekend.

180s only, I believe, but worth a call

Quote Originally Posted by CUBUCK
    Any beta on how they tele??
    I have been teleing on my 190's for the last year.
    Me: 6'6", between 205 and 220 nekkid.
    Ski aggressively, like long turns, steeps and letting the ski run.

I love the skis. i have them boot center mounted with linkens. They tooi ka bit of getting used to since I was coming from some shorter, softer skis. Once I got the hang of layinghtem over I fell in love, A lot of people ahve said that they have a good chunk of sidecut but I have never really had a problem arcing out really wide fast turns. Straightlining is not as easy, if you put them slightly on edge you can do a pseudo-straighline realtively easy. As people said, they are medium stiff and I found that the biggest adjustmenet. I can't believe how bomber the bases and edges are, I have beaten the hell out of them for a while now and have not blown anything out. As a matter of fact, I have never even had a core shot and I live in the rockies (ie I hit rocks). I can ski these on ice and they rock the groomers for a fat ski - they are my all around do everything ski.

My one gripe: the tip delammed where it curves up from the base - I think that they were already starting to go when I got them. I just got the new ones on warranty no problem though.
    Recently overheard: "Hey Ralph, what were you drinking that time that you set your face on fire?"

what an absolute stonking deal. i was just about to post that i wanted a pair of these of exploders in a 180 and here's the deal!

thank a bunch, yoss!

edit- deal was so good i almost pulled the trigger on 2 pair!

Yossarian is the man!

$308 ($385 Canadian) shipped to L.A. 19 pairs left, all 180s.

Quote Originally Posted by Oarhead
    I have been teleing on my 190's for the last year.
    Me: 6'6", between 205 and 220 nekkid.
    Ski aggressively, like long turns, steeps and letting the ski run.

I love the skis. i have them boot center mounted with linkens. They tooi ka bit of getting used to since I was coming from some shorter, softer skis. Once I got the hang of layinghtem over I fell in love, A lot of people ahve said that they have a good chunk of sidecut but I have never really had a problem arcing out really wide fast turns. Straightlining is not as easy, if you put them slightly on edge you can do a pseudo-straighline realtively easy. As people said, they are medium stiff and I found that the biggest adjustmenet. I can't believe how bomber the bases and edges are, I have beaten the hell out of them for a while now and have not blown anything out. As a matter of fact, I have never even had a core shot and I live in the rockies (ie I hit rocks). I can ski these on ice and they rock the groomers for a fat ski - they are my all around do everything ski.

My one gripe: the tip delammed where it curves up from the base - I think that they were already starting to go when I got them. I just got the new ones on warranty no problem though.
    ¨
    Good to hear!
    I sold my beat up XXX, and scored a pair of used 190's, but they look like they will last forever. I think they will be my everyday ski!

So now I have the G4 for groomers, Tankers for everything, and BRO's for touring!

Finally set for the season

Glad to help, just passing on the info from elsewhere, actually.
    Good deal (bump).

Quote Originally Posted by marshalolson
    any 190's per chance?
    i'll prolly call tomorrow.
    worked mine over pretty good last weekend.
    Psssst....

http://tetongravity.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24604
    "I knew in an instant that the three dollars I had spent on wine would not go to waste."

My new sticks just arrived today. Damn are they sweet. I'm totally fondling them right now. Mount this weekend, ski next weekend. Who wants to fucking touch my Tankers?!

mine have been gotten too, all as advertised.

At the risk of facking up my own sale, I won't sleep at night if I don't bump this for the two doods interested in my 180 tankers. This is where I got em in the first place, call them and see if they still have some in stock, and then if not, come back and talk to me about buying mine. But maybe you can get some shipped right to your door for around $300 US as well and I'll just keep mine on reserve after all!