Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Seattle peeps - get your CCP before its too late

Mayor is talking about re-examining the gun laws due to all the recent killings. Just in case I recommend anyone that has thought of getting a gun and a conceal carry permit to do it now in case our laws change. Or just get your guns and carry without a permit I don't care. I trust all you with guns.

Better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it.

Quote Originally Posted by AK47bp View Post
    I trust all you with guns.
    You sure about that? Hell - if I wasn't me, I wouldn't trust me. And I'm me!

Better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it.
    That's what Bård Eithun said.

Didn't Washington recently legalise suppressors?

edit: Oh - you're just talking about Seattle. You're fuct.

Quote Originally Posted by Jer View Post
    You sure about that? Hell - if I wasn't me, I wouldn't trust me. And I'm me!
    I don't trust myself with my own guns, that's why it stays in the truck most of the time.

[/QUOTE]
    Didn't Washington recently legalise suppressors?
    Yes. I know a guy who shoots in his suburban yard with a .22. Complete idiot.

[/QUOTE]
    edit: Oh - you're just talking about Seattle. You're fuct.
    I'm already packin so I'm good.

The Mayor is an idiot, of course so is this city. When your mayor gets elected on the campaign 'Mike Bikes' you know you live around some dumb bike commuters. He is also totally incompetent, and has zero ability to get anything done, so I feel fine.

Now if I could get UW PD to let me carry on campus... oh well.

doughboyshredder Guest
    Thanks for the heads up. I have my application filled out and have been looking for the time to head in and file it. Might just make the time tomorrow.

When shit like this goes down I always wonder what would have been different if the majority of adults present were not only carrying but trained to use their weapon.

I don't believe gun restrictions are the answer. I think when you turn 18 you should be required to choose a handgun then go through a "responsible gun ownership" course that covers the laws concerning carrying and using a gun AND includes sufficient range time to become proficient in it's use. After that it would be up to you whether you wanted to actually carry it or not, but if every adult had a gun and knew how and when to use it, things like this would go down a lot differently, or not at all.

There'd probably be a huge rise in gun deaths the first year or so then once all the hotheads and idiots were dead things would calm down considerably.
    ...Some will fall in love with life and drink it from a fountain that is pouring like an avalanche coming down the mountain...

"I enjoy skinny skiing, bullfights on acid..." - Lacy Underalls

The problems we face will not be solved by the minds that created them.

Lame, Alaska's concealed carry law expired a couple years ago, now everybody is packing. Myself included.
    But Ellen kicks ass - if she had a beard it would be much more haggard. -Jer

Hugh Conway Guest
    fer fucks sake most of seattle can't operate a motor vehicle competently why should they have guns?

Lol, so true Hugh.

Jongy question: If you live in the burbs I'm assuming Seattle's CC laws wouldn't apply? Unless you travel into the city?

Unless it becomes a county thing...King Co is pretty big!

Big question - how much of the rise in gun incidents stems from an overaggressive police culture/dept? I know they're all separate incidents (and police departments or agencies), but several people have had enough of a grudge to start their own wars with the departments at least, what...3 times in the last 3 years? Plus you have a PD that shoots drunk woodcarvers, but turns a blind eye to anarchists trashing shit right in front of them.

@ Will - I see your point man, but I'd have to disagree. Unless there were severe consequences for the negligent, like Hugh said...dude from my own experience, if you ever want to see something scary, give Air Force people guns! Seriously, I like to say that the AF is like the DMV but with guns, and there's SO many negligent people that leave theirs lying around, try to clear jams (or the weapon) with their fingers on the trigger, point them at people they don't intend to shoot, etc...

Quote Originally Posted by GordonShumway View Post
    Lol, so true Hugh.

Jongy question: If you live in the burbs I'm assuming Seattle's CC laws wouldn't apply? Unless you travel into the city?
    The CCP laws are by state, if you get a WA Permit you are good everywhere in the state except restricted areas like court rooms, jails, etc.

http://www.usacarry.com/washington_c...formation.html

i am insured by the second amendment
    and a proud member of
    The Citizen Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms.
    a cycling mayor is not bigger than the Bill of Rights.
    bf

Don't you all just love reactive politics?!

Quote Originally Posted by flowing alpy View Post
    i am insured by the second amendment
    and a proud member of
    The Citizen Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms.
    a cycling mayor is not bigger than the Bill of Rights.
    bf
    Bike mike is rotund but no bigger than bill of rights. There is no way gun ownership will be limited by this recent spat of violence, just paranoia talk on his part telling the public what they want to hear. The most they could maybe do is add a few more hoops to jump through to getting your conceal carry permit, require classes, range time, etc. I think that's how it works in NY.

Open carry is still perfectly legal without a permit, most people aren't ballsy enough to walk around with a sidearm on their hip around Seattle except those hardcore old dudes you see from time to time.

Is it me or does the Mayor sound like Mr Mackey...."guns are bad, mmkay"

Quote Originally Posted by Chainsaw_Willie View Post
    I think when you turn 18 you should be required to choose a handgun
    Are you serious? I think this is crazy. I don't want a gun or anyone to force me to have one.

i get pretty bummed when i see 16 yr. olds driving, shit if all 18 yr. olds carried firearms there will be alot of fender benders ending in death.

I'm all for anyone having the right to bear arms, and I don't want to take yer gunz away, but....

the recent spate of gun related homicides would hardly have been curtailed if everyone had CCP and were packing given that most have been random events. Whole lot of tough guy talk goes nowhere when you don't even see the shooter who takes you down.
    Move upside and let the man go through...

Much worse was the asshole fucking COP that left his loaded and unlocked gun in the minivan unsecured so his 3 yro who was fascinated with guns could pick it up and kill his 7ro sister.
    Move upside and let the man go through...

so much truth there and heartbreaking as well
    family ruined because irresponsible adult did not secure their weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by Mofro261 View Post
    I'm all for anyone having the right to bear arms, and I don't want to take yer gunz away, but....

the recent spate of gun related homicides would hardly have been curtailed if everyone had CCP and were packing given that most have been random events. Whole lot of tough guy talk goes nowhere when you don't even see the shooter who takes you down.
    Dude the argument that CCW needs to be proven to make things safer is bullshit. I dont care if it makes things more dangerous, people have a right to have the capability to adequately defend themselves, whether things are safer or not because of it is mental masturbation.

This thread ties into the hatfields and mcoys show in my mind. When I was watching it I just kept thinking that it really reminded me that gun rights are important and people should have access to them to defend themselves, but that some people are just idiots and should not own them. Unfortunately, you cannot successfully restrict the latter without restricting the former far far more, so people need to learn to accept that violence is a part of life that will always be around. It sucks, but there is absolutely no 'making sure this never happens again' it will, till the end of time. If it really bothers you that much you have the right to take steps to have the ability to defend yourself, which won't make you completely safe, but its all you can do. Passing a bunch of retarded nanny state laws isnt going to make you safe either, its just a misguided way for a bunch of people to cope with (not deal with) their grief and inability to accept that the world is a cruel uncaring place that is basically always trying to kill them.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ________________
    "We don't need predator control, we need whiner control. Anyone who complains that "the gummint oughta do sumpin" about the wolves and coyotes should be darted, caged, and released in a more suitable habitat for them, like the middle of Manhattan." - Spats

"I'm constantly doing things I can't do. Thats how I get to do them." - Pablo Picasso

Cisco and his wife are fragile idiots who breed morons.

Quote Originally Posted by Chainsaw_Willie View Post
    I think when you turn 18 you should be required to choose a handgun. . . .
    Will, stop taking the bath salts. The government should compel people to have guns? WTF?

Most of you whippersnappers are too young to remember Art Buchwald's satirical piece "Gun Stamps for the Poor"

Quote Originally Posted by Mofro261 View Post

I agree. Shock and fear hit you before you can react rationally, by then you'd be dead. For most people carrying around a gun all the time is not a good idea, I tried it and it sucks, you can't just carry a pea shooter and feel safe it's actually much more dangerous to carry an ineffective weapon. I'm comfortable with my Glock but it sucks to carry so my permit just allows me to keep it in my truck loaded in arms reach (out of sight) If you don't have it in you to actually kill a person don't carry a gun. The only reason to have a gun is it gives you a "chance" to fight back, no matter how small that chance is just having that chance is worth everything. Probably a 99% chance having that weapon wouldn't change anything, it's that 1% chance that makes it worth it and that's why the 2nd amendment was written IMO

The CCP laws are by state, if you get a WA Permit you are good everywhere in the state except restricted areas like court rooms, jails, etc.

http://www.usacarry.com/washington_c...formation.html
    Didn't Seattle already have it's attempts to include parks in that list of restricted areas struck down?

Wouldn't Cafe Racer bar victims have been prevented from carrying anyway... don't know the bar so not sure it if comes under the restrictions of RCW 9.41.300?
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

. . . that's why the 2nd amendment was written IMO
    Look, I'm not a gun control nut. I own several firearms and have no problem with responsible use nor with responsible CC.

But let's get the history straight. The 2nd Amendment was written because the founding fathers feared that a standing army would acquire undue power and they thus favored a citizen militia. Of course, their worst fears were realized: we have a absurdly powerful, influential and expensive standing army. If only we had listened to Ike.

It's ironic that most 2nd Amendment zealots are such gung ho supporters of the centralized military which the 2nd Amendment was intended to prevent.

I agree. Shock and fear hit you before you can react rationally, by then you'd be dead. For most people carrying around a gun all the time is not a good idea, I tried it and it sucks, you can't just carry a pea shooter and feel safe it's actually much more dangerous to carry an ineffective weapon. I'm comfortable with my Glock but it sucks to carry so my permit just allows me to keep it in my truck loaded in arms reach (out of sight) If you don't have it in you to actually kill a person don't carry a gun. The only reason to have a gun is it gives you a "chance" to fight back, no matter how small that chance is just having that chance is worth everything. Probably a 99% chance having that weapon wouldn't change anything, it's that 1% chance that makes it worth it and that's why the 2nd amendment was written IMO
    Actually the second amendment had nothing to do with self defense, except from tyranny.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ________________
    "We don't need predator control, we need whiner control. Anyone who complains that "the gummint oughta do sumpin" about the wolves and coyotes should be darted, caged, and released in a more suitable habitat for them, like the middle of Manhattan." - Spats

"I'm constantly doing things I can't do. Thats how I get to do them." - Pablo Picasso

Cisco and his wife are fragile idiots who breed morons.