Wanted: Old school kevlar boat

I am looking to buy a kevlar whitewater boat for self support tripping. I want something similar to the designs of the early eighties or later (until plastic took over completely). New Wave, Eddyline, Prijon etc. My perfect find would probably be a Class Six p-5 or p-51 (wonder where those molds are). I'm looking for very good or better condition and good volume both ends is a plus. Also would be interested in New Wave sleek, cruise control or screaming meanie for local river.

Go check the shed. I have cash and beer!

I live in Bozeman but get to Missoula, JH pretty regularly.

New Wave Mongoose, in Kevlar, barely scratched. In Jackson.
    Something about the wrinkle in your forehead tells me there's a fit about to get thrown
    And I never hear a single word you say when you tell me not to have my fun
    It's the same old shit that I ain't gonna take off anyone.
    and I never had a shortage of people tryin' to warn me about the dangers I pose to myself.

Patterson Hood of the DBT's

Quote Originally Posted by Tye 1on View Post
    New Wave Mongoose, in Kevlar, barely scratched. In Jackson.
    Thanks for the post. The mongoose isn't quite what I'm looking for. Love the barely scratched part though.

No worries. In case you weren't aware it is wayyyy bigger than the later plastic mongoose. I could measure it tonight, bet it's over 11' long tho...
    Something about the wrinkle in your forehead tells me there's a fit about to get thrown
    and I never had a shortage of people tryin' to warn me about the dangers I pose to myself.

Cruise control for $150 (I think) in the Aspen times classifieds today. I know a guy who has a glass boat which looks just like a larger Hurricane, but it is not for sale. Nice looking boat though, with sharper edges than a plastic boat.

Thanks for the heads up Tye1on. I am not familiar with the mongoose of either type but from a bad picture I found it looked like a creeker. Creekers, in my experience, are slow and make the worst front surfers. New wave boat designs are usually great though. If it's good for river running and there is room for a pad and a bag in back maybe I should come check it out.

I'll definitely be in Grand Targhee 7-14 for DBT and I could look you up before or after.

Jethro thanks, I looked but didn't find it. I have a Cruise Control that sees regular use but it's too small for Selway and Salmon self support.

Quote Originally Posted by mthead View Post
    Thanks for the heads up Tye1on. I am not familiar with the mongoose of either type but from a bad picture I found it looked like a creeker. Creekers, in my experience, are slow and make the worst front surfers. New wave boat designs are usually great though. If it's good for river running and there is room for a pad and a bag in back maybe I should come check it out.

I'll definitely be in Grand Targhee 7-14 for DBT and I could look you up before or after.

Jethro thanks, I looked but didn't find it. I have a Cruise Control that sees regular use but it's too small for Selway and Salmon self support.
    The boat is in Victor, and i'll also be up at the rock show. I never paddled it but got it for DR racing. It kind of reminds me of my first boat, a green plastic Hydra. Not a ton of rocker, roundish chines, looks like it wouldn't be very edgy and also roll easily. It has a beam not a bulkhead, and i believe a small cockpit. Also have a kevlar Wilderness Systems slalom boat that you could look at if interested. Keeping the Y, Pirouette, and ultralight Trixster.

i have a couple extra lazers, one glass i made and one plastic, $100 for plastic. also have a new wave whitewater, rollable sit on top. lots of room for tied gear, some dry storage, never been in the water, $300. j