Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by TurxSki View Post
    You may be right about PDR dissing TGR, but I think you're reading too much into the comment.
    I'm betting the author is speaking "in general", about TGR, MSP, & WM? Maybe NorthFace? Is anyone else considered "Big name"?
    So, he chose "Famous Skiers" that we'd prolly know of.

Now, do Sage, Dana, Ingrid and Ahmet (the wanker) only ski for a particular Movie co? Well, that could give the wrong impression, sure.
    *But, I do think they should allow you to comment about Dana not being in AK*

In fact they should be stoked that someone from tgr is even paying attention to their tired, pedestrian, mundane articles...
    The fact is simple. The author writes, "This year’s batch of big-name ski movies was largely predicable: Sage and Dana went big in Alaska,"
    He did not watch the movie. Dana did not ride in the Alaska. It is ironic that it is "largely predictable" and he clearly did not watch the movie. That is the only point I am trying to make. If you are going to shred something you should have your bases covered. It is not a big deal, this is just a fun place to discuss this type of stuff and call a spade a spade when you see it.
    "Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention to arrive safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: Wow!!! What a ride!"

"We been runnin' these goddam hills for dang near, huh?"
    Sturgis Uncensored

Quote Originally Posted by RonMexico View Post
    Also didn't like how every air or trick went out of screen or was cut off.
    You know why they did that right? A whole movie can't be a crash section. Not showing a landing is MOST of the time because they didn't land it. Going out of frame is just poor camera work though.

The revenge of Daniel. Powder will be taking pot shots at you guys as long as this site exists. Someone over still pounds their fist on the desk at least once a day over that fuck up.
    Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature... Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing. -Helen Keller

Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    The revenge of Daniel. Powder will be taking pot shots at you guys as long as this site exists. Someone over still pounds their fist on the desk at least once a day over that fuck up.
    They bought newschoolers.com so the great migration probably does'nt hurt as much anymore.

Sounds like the Powdermag writer already had the story in his head before he even watched this years crop. The funny part is that the "Predictable" thing was that the review would read like that. Of course they want to "crack" the story that the established guys are being surpassed by the upstarts. Totally predictable movie review.

Todd - This seems like something that could be taken up privately with Johnny, corrections made, and everyone goes quietly (about this) about their business. Have you called him?

Quote Originally Posted by nbt View Post
    They bought newschoolers.com so the great migration probably does'nt hurt as much anymore.
    Except for the fact that newschoolers is kind of lame in comparison AND they had to pay money for it! This forums is 100% homegrown!
    Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature... Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing. -Helen Keller

There is a reason this forum lives over here and not over there.

Quote Originally Posted by GoldMember View Post
    Todd - This seems like something that could be taken up privately with Johnny, corrections made, and everyone goes quietly (about this) about their business. Have you called him?
    Or you know, instead of waiting for Todd to call, they could have seen his posts they moderated, been the bigger person and fixed their mistake with an apology. Instead they stick their fingers in their ears and go BLAH BLAH BLAH. Seriously, why should Todd have to make a phone call to get sort of professionals to do their job accurately?

I can't even read Powder anymore. Pretty much a glorified ad book with a few cool photos. Most of the stupid shit posted on this forum is way more entertaining to read than any of the sorry excuse for articles that get published in pretty much any ski mag these days. I don't think I've actuallty paid money for a ski magazine since 2006.

Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    I can't even read Powder anymore. Pretty much a glorified ad book with a few cool photos. Most of the stupid shit posted on this forum is way more entertaining to read than any of the sorry excuse for articles that get published in pretty much any ski mag these days. I don't think I've actuallty paid money for a ski magazine since 2006.
    Knowing nothing about the business of putting out films or mags, I consume them for the eye candy. All of the rest of it for me is just filler. Seeing a guy stretch the sport on film or photo is what I enjoy. All the rest is just filler and background. In didn't even realize powder has articles. Kind of like columns in Playboy. It is just an excuse for those who aren't honest enough to say they are there for the boobs.

Teton seems to be the standard right now for film. Everyone else rips the standard. After all, the image right now seems to be a little about non conformity and capturing the snow board demographic while not alienating the people who have money enough to ski demographic.

I wouldn't worry about his review. It won't cost you one sale. The only person who should worry is the editor if he takes his job seriously. And I think he is probably a little more concerned with the print quality of the photos than the filler provided by someone he is giving a free ride to on his pages.

Your movies kick ass. When you see him in the bar, a swift punch to the arm and move on . In a decade new school will be old school and you'll still be there.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada1 View Post
    When you see him in the bar, a swift punch to the arm and move on . In a decade new school will be old school and you'll still be there.
    The blurb says it was written by Heather Hansman, who's only been working at Powder for a couple weeks.

Yes, she should have changed that sentence. Yes, she should have posted Todd's rant to their blog comments. Still, this butthurt thread is retarded.

Hugh Conway Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Canada1 View Post
    Knowing nothing about the business of putting out films or mags, I consume them for the eye candy. All of the rest of it for me is just filler. Seeing a guy stretch the sport on film or photo is what I enjoy. All the rest is just filler and background. In didn't even realize powder has articles. Kind of like columns in Playboy. It is just an excuse for those who aren't honest enough to say they are there for the boobs.
    jesus you must be old if you go to magazines for tits or ski pics

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Conway View Post
    jesus you must be old if you go to magazines for tits or ski pics
    Magazines take stains better than keyboards.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

What??? They put titties in magazines now?

Quote Originally Posted by systemoverblow'd View Post
    Or you know, instead of waiting for Todd to call, they could have seen his posts they moderated, been the bigger person and fixed their mistake with an apology. Instead they stick their fingers in their ears and go BLAH BLAH BLAH. Seriously, why should Todd have to make a phone call to get sort of professionals to do their job accurately?
    I meant before trying to put in public comments, he could have called Johnny and pointed out the discrepancies and asked for corrections. Corrections made, no one's the wiser, the author has a learning opportunity (fact checking is our friend), and this thread doesn't exist. While I understand Todd's despair over not having a proper report, blowing this up on a public forum isn't the best, first route to take for correcting mistakes. Just seems a little much. JMHO.

Hugh Conway Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by GoldMember View Post
    I meant before trying to put in public comments, he could have called Johnny and pointed out the discrepancies and asked for corrections. Corrections made, no one's the wiser, the author has a learning opportunity (fact checking is our friend), and this thread doesn't exist. While I understand Todd's despair over not having a proper report, blowing this up on a public forum isn't the best, first route to take for correcting mistakes. Just seems a little much. JMHO.
    ahhh yes the broheim "respect"

Quote Originally Posted by strawjack View Post

there was a day...umm, the 80ies...when i couldn't wait for that rag to show up in my mailbox. now it's just
    Les Anthony's writing would make me smile for miles. There are still a few flashes of brilliance, though.

do they have a policy on anonymous comment posting? Some sites do.

Anyway, isn't it great to have so much time on our hands? I'm going for a ride!

Quote Originally Posted by TGR420 View Post
    The fact is simple. The author writes: This year’s batch of big-name ski movies was largely predictable: Sage and Dana went big in Alaska...
    Yeah, ok.
    So if they dropped "in Alaska" you would be ok with it?
    This year’s batch of big-name ski movies was largely predicable: Sage and Dana went big. Blah blah...
    Like I said, the author is generalising to make a point.

You Sir, are "Splitting Hairs".
    Makes it look like you don't want to address the authors main point (Mainstream is predictable?)

...Remember, those who think Global Warming is Fake, also think that Adam & Eve were Real...