Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
    Hey. I will start working in Chile in September but will go there already middle of august for some skiing. Anybody around who wants to meet up? Leon from Italy.

Hey All, Loving the stoke!!!!

We're going to be down to Argentina in August (actually flying into Santiago first) for some skiing. First turns will be in Las Lenas. Any place to fill avalanche airbag cylinders there? If not, any easy place in Santiago?

Thanks for the help!

Strong footage from you and the Pyreneeans. Good to see - and hear - someone having fun.

LL looks pretty delicious; like a bigger version of an NZ club field.

Quote Originally Posted by llyon View Post
    This video isnt mine, but I thought people here would like to see it. Jordi, Txema, and Adri around LL the past week or so. Yeah Corbus 1.

Quote Originally Posted by asbvt View Post
    Hey All, Loving the stoke!!!!

We're going to be down to Argentina in August (actually flying into Santiago first) for some skiing. First turns will be in Las Lenas. Any place to fill avalanche airbag cylinders there? If not, any easy place in Santiago?

Thanks for the help!
    I am wondering about this as well. I have a Mystery Ranch Blackjack- they mentioned they would be able to send a canister to any destination if needed, so I will probably try and do that. I am flying into Mendoza and going to LL on Aug. 15.

Powder day at Lenas today!

Unofficial Andes

Regarding filling canisters - Im not sure as I use an ABS, but I'll ask around. It's not possible in Lenas, but it should be in Mendoza. Im also sure it will involve some serious A factor, so get ready.

Well that made my day! Keep them coming

Hey here's a call for help. So I had some lodging lined up and due to the lack of communication between some hotel staff and their horrible english skills and my non existent spanish skills, I no longer have two connecting weeks at said place. The other options available there are way more than I would want to or could pay for. I'm looking to see if there is anyone that has an extra bed in their condo or hotel ANYWHERE in Chile for August 11 through 25th. Yes of course I'd pay the fare share for jumping on board.

Plus I'm heading down with the video camera to get some stock footage so I can write this trip off, of which cam I'd being willing to tote around a day or two and film those that open their door to my ass in need. Let me know ASAP.

More snow fell today in Europe than in Chile/Argentina, WTF?

Someone do the dance or burn some snowblades ASAP!

It was actually worse last year at this time, but yeah, I think it's been almost a month since it snowed at Portillo.

It finally nuked the 3rd week of August last year. Here's hoping it doesn't take that long again.

Today was one of those days that makes it all worth while – when you forget all about the wind, the prices, and the A-factor. Today, we were all reminded why we sacrifice so much to come here: because when you get a perfect Marte powder day, it is without a doubt the best lift-served skiing in the world.

Apologies for the abundance of gopro... my camera will be back in action on Friday. I think.

Unofficial Andes

Termas de Chillán did not suck today.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1343183173.091014.jpg 
Views:	123 
Size:	105.5 KB 
ID:	118689  
    Montani Semper Liberi

Today was one of those days that makes it all worth while – when you forget all about the wind, the prices, and the A-factor. Today, we were all reminded why we sacrifice so much to come here: because when you get a perfect Marte powder day, it is without a doubt the best lift-served skiing in the world.

Apologies for the abundance of gopro... my camera will be back in action on Friday. I think.

Unofficial Andes
    That was AWESOME, thanks for the stoke! Heading to LL in late Agoust... Now at bariloche, next week we are heading to Frey for some days
    Ski Argentina!

Im enjoying yours as well, Tomi. Let us know how things are going in Bariloche.

doughboyshredder Guest

Unofficial Andes
    Holy shit, that looked so good, it actually made the Grateful Dead sound o.k.

^^^^Shiiit, only 6 months until snow. I can hardly wait.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    ^^^^Shiiit, only 6 months until snow.
    You're not skiing until January?
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Powder day at Lenas today!

Unofficial Andes

Regarding filling canisters - Im not sure as I use an ABS, but I'll ask around. It's not possible in Lenas, but it should be in Mendoza. Im also sure it will involve some serious A factor, so get ready.
    I filled a BCA canister 30kms from San Rafael at Lago Los Reyunes with Kaike tours and their scuba shop. They filled my tank to 2700 from a scuba tank and did not charge I do not know for the future. They were really nice and helpful. Only problem would be if you do not have transportation. Now just waiting for a BIG storm!

LL today. Cerro Negro and Torrecillas.
    More videos on the way soon... the Porteños are on vacation and are stealing all my internet.

Unofficial

I'll be in BRC roughly 22nd to 29th August.
    Brady aka Yossarian aka Cletus aka Ben.
    Quilmes?
    Last edited by Chris Knight; 07-31-2012 at 06:12 PM.
    Everything is coming up Brady.

Any word on how cheap/expensive flights to Santiago should be? Not sure what a deal looks like when searching/when I should really be looking for deals in the future
    If you can't dig it, you ain't got no shovel

Not sure what search engine you use, your departure city or dates, but the low-end fare for BOS>SCL (RT) is $1000-1200.
    http://www.kayak.com/

Quote Originally Posted by boltonoutlaw View Post
    Not sure what search engine you use, your departure city or dates, but the low-end fare for BOS>SCL (RT) is $1000-1200.
    Yeah I use Kayak ... didn't know if you can get dirt bag fares < $1000 certain times of the year

The chepeast Ive found, and I got my flight from Seattle to SCL for $1093 at the end of may.

anyone have resources for weather in the mtns there? going there in 2 weeks and want to get caught up on the weather

Snow-forecast is easy. Tiempo and windguru are also helpful.

A couple videos from the past week in LL... Cerro Martin and The Office. And me getting a bloody face.

Unofficial Andes

Quote Originally Posted by boltonoutlaw View Post
    Would be SLC>SCL ... yeah the $1,000 mark is what I've been seeing, I was hoping for something killer around $700 but I guess the stars need to align