blade runner (II?)

Saw this the other day.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/film/2012/...-runner-writer

Honestly, a little disappointed. I thought the first movie was fine...

Quote Originally Posted by mobygrape View Post
    I thought the first movie was fine...
    Beyond fine. Sublime.

Rutger's role, Leon...

Priss

Eddy Olmos as Gaff

The whole thing set the bar that has rarely been risen to or approached.

" I hope she lives, but then again, who does"

Blade Runner was perfection, and to add anything to perfection can only reduce it. Hopefully, the carry-over will be minimal, with a whole new premise.

Well, the movie was a bit rosier than the story it was based on...

Still great though.

Blade Runner had a couple good moments but all-in-all it is one of the most overrated movies ever.
    Brought to you by Carl's Jr.

Sure ..... right up there with Titanic and Ishtar

Quote Originally Posted by spindrift View Post
    Well, the movie was a bit rosier than the story it was based on...

Still great though.
    Watch the director's cut. The studio made him add the fluff BS in the end of the original release.

Most amazingly lit film ever, nd arguably the best directed SciFi film of all time. Any student of film who doesn't rank this masterpiece in one of the top ten slept through their classes.

Quote Originally Posted by Tippster View Post
    Watch the director's cut. The studio made him add the fluff BS in the end of the original release.

Most amazingly lit film ever, nd arguably the best directed SciFi film of all time. Any student of film who doesn't rank this masterpiece in one of the top ten slept through their classes.
    Technically the film was amazing. But you could do the best lighting and direct the hell out of someone throwing a shit at a wall. At the end of the day it is a finely directed and lit film of someone throwing a shit at the wall.

And speaking of sleep through something. That film is so incredibly boring.
    Brought to you by Carl's Jr.

My fave film of all time - esp. The director cut

I kind of hope that a BR2 is never made. It is a singular piece of Sci Fi that should be left alone. Absolutely not overrated.
    License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations

First up, a lot can happen that could lead to this never happening (i.e. getting made).

Secondly, add this to a list of films that Hollywood types are trying to get made that have no business getting made:

new Road Warrior - Why? George Miller's original is a seminal work of sci-fi.

Remake of The Wild Bunch - this has been in the works for years, which stupefies me as Sam Peckinpah's original is one of the greatest westerns of all time and the movie is not only a benchmark in blood soaked cinematic violence--it influenced the hell out of early John Woo classics like The Killer and Hard-Boiled--but an extremely poignant commentary on male bravado and the encroachment of modern civilization.

There are others out there being greenlit, as well, which continues to prove that 90% of Hollywood is devoid of an original thought. Didn't anybody learn anything from Gus Van Sant's frame-by-frame remake of Psycho?
    "Man, we killin' elephants in the back yard..."

https://www.blizzard-tecnica.com/us/en

Quote Originally Posted by dookey67 View Post
    First up, a lot can happen that could lead to this never happening (i.e. getting made).
    How well Prometheus does at box office close to top of that list of lots of things.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

This article came out around the time Blade Runner 2049 was being released. Actually a reprint of a 1992 article that came out around the time of the original Blade Runner re-release. Fascinating read.

https://www.latimes.com/entertainmen...913-story.html

I could read this on my phone no problem, but had to resort to browser reader mode on my desktop.

Saw the original Blade Runner release and the 1992 re-release in theaters, caught different versions in theaters over the years, and have watched at home on DVD a few times. Still fantastic; one of the best ever!

Also caught BR 2049 in theater a few years ago and went in skeptical, but came out pretty satisfied. Need to watch that one again. Actually a good excuse to watch em both again.

Wish I could say the same for Prometheus. Saw that in the theater, and have watched it a couple times since at home, hoping I'll have a different reaction. Starts off so good, and I keep hoping it'll carry through, but it just doesn't make it.

Movies are a magical thing, and Ridley Scott's had his fair share of excellent ones, I'll give him that. Given the realities of making them that's a pretty amazing accomplishment.

Yah. When Ridley's on, he he's the shit, but Raised by Wolves was sloppy, and Robin Hood was an unmitigated disaster. Looking at his history, he's created/directed/produced enough for 10 people. Man's a freak.