Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Nice BroMo... did you try it?

That place is amazing. Our vid from 2004 Been back a couple times since and could easily see having a condo there.
    Screw the net, Surf the backcountry!

Nice work. I did a lesson with a practice kite to learn how to control a kite, then went through setup/breakdown and release. Didn't budget the $500+ for a full lesson program so no days on water.

It's a cool place for sure, I really liked the Samana peninsula. Missed the whales by a few weeks

I liked windsurfing a lot when I sucked and just putted around on the big board but then I got pretty good and it started to suck. After getting body-slammed a few times and ending up upside down underwater under the sail still hooked in I started to develop a serious fear of drowning while windsurfing.

Plus at the place i usually went people would wait all day for the wind to come up and it often wouldn't. It was like sitting in a parking lot at a mountain with no snow on it at all and hoping it would suddenly dump two feet of pow.

So between abject fear and terminal boredom I bagged it and sold my gear.

Where were you in DR? I spent most of the time travelling to the different beaches just to see the country. I heard some negative talk about cabarete, but it's hard to talk down to a place that has hundreds of kites out a few times a week. Also - you kiteboard or just windsurf? Seems like windsurfing is way less popular these days, though I can only guess it's because of an easier learning curve?

Never kited, but am seriously thinking about it. Cabarete's always been good to us, so we just hang here. We've toured a few inland river canyons, but we love hanging here, surfing all day and then some interesting bars at night. There was talk of doing this sail/kayak trip around the island, but it's hard to beat having everything at your door for little money.
    Screw the net, Surf the backcountry!