Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11
    Benny what are your thoughts on FB as a company and a stock. Always curious to hear the bear side

p.s. The London Book Review? There wasn't anything on FB in the Daily News or The Economist?
    Decisions Decisions

Go long if it's Zuck in 2020.

Saw a pretty amazing stat this morning; one quarter of the world's population is on Facebook each month.

Bump?

Best loan I ever took out...

You’ll never grow broke taking a profit.

Ruh roh...down 20+% aftermarket

Sent from my SM-N950U using TGR Forums mobile app

Zuckerberg has to realize he's done. He has to hand it over. After he shoots Sandberg.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Zuckerberg has to realize he's done. He has to hand it over. After he shoots Sandberg.
    Why? He owns the majority of voting shares of a $565 billion dollar company that is making $40 billion a year in profit. That company is printing money despite recent scandals. Shares are currently on sale at a P/E ratio of 14.

Google will fuck him by getting rid of third party cookies on Chrome and deprecating Google Ad ID on Android in the same way Apple fucked him by deprecating IDFA, but he'll still make a ton of money.

No reason to hand anything over unless he gets tired of being himself. At least he's trying to pivot. If the metaverse thing fails he'll probably turn into some combination of Bill Gates/ Yvon Chouinard humanitarian eco philanthropist.

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyCarter View Post
    Ruh roh...down 20+% aftermarket

Sent from my SM-N950U using TGR Forums mobile app
    FB Close price 7/26/18: $176.26
    FB Close Price 2/23/22: $198.45

Still up from the last post in the thread before the bump, but then you remember they were at $340 two months ago

Right. He needs to take his money and play a decent person, although I doubt he's capable. First of all, he had to actually change the name of his brand, possibly the most known and used trademarks in the world. It reached verb status. He has no hope for more growth, nay, his market is shrinking with China gone and the EU constantly on his ass. Now Congress is after him.
    As you said, Apple screwed him, and I guess Android is next. The company has a severe PR problem that Sister Sheryl couldn't begin to fix. He needs to resign and find a replacement.
    Scott Galaway thinks he needs to go to a subscription model, which makes sense.

I sold all my Facebook stock right before Thanksgiving. I decided to sell after a conversation over dinner with my boss and her boss. He was saying that Facebook is struggling to hire good people. People know they make the "wrong" ethical decisions in pursuit of clicks, and as such, they are having trouble attracting good talent. He said that we recently hired someone who had been approached by Facebook, and the guy was not interested. Amount of money didn't matter, not interested in working for Facebook. So i sold.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using TGR Forums mobile app
    sigless.