Praxis Custom Skis

Looks like Keith is committed to the ski customization idea plus there's going to be 14 skis in the Praxis line!! I can't wait to see what the Praxis boys have come up with. Ahhhh... Ski boner.

http://praxisskis.com/2012/praxis-customization/

Gman is online now Mack Master William Large
    that is fucking cool, be interested to see what their EC specific offerings end up being.

With the custom carbon option would this be possible: 2nd gen Woo's in 180 at 1.8kg per ski?
    Life is not lift served.

I still do not get why they would need to have 14 different models. I love my Praxis skis but between the 196 Protests which are the best skis I have pretty much ever been on in soft snow. The 195 Powboards which are the most fun you can have standing up in tight trees and funky snow and the 187 Wootests for touring is my all around set up for an entire winter in the alps. The only thing I could say is that the Rocker profile on the Wootest is longer in the Tip then the OG Protest which is the only thing that takes away from it a bit. Could have done with little less up front but in the back its pretty spot on. I know they have way different side cuts but for me the Concept and the Mountain Jib cross over with each other. I am a Praxis addict so them bring new stuff to the table is exciting but they have a very stong and in my opinion very balanced line up. They dont need stuff that is skinnier than the freeride or the BC cause they are a soft snow company. I would love to see them make something completely bonkers in terms of length like a fully rockered protestish ski in a 205 just so I could feel like a bad ass standing around.

This is an incredible idea though I imagine making this operational will be very difficult. I will certainly be placing an order. I wonder what type of lead times we're talking about for a custom order?

I'm a little dumbfounded that in 1 year they can come up with 6 new designs. I too hope they have some completely ridiculous designs. I'm curious to see what becomes of that asymmetric side cut ski they were working on.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	485812_2525466836110_1836589295_1493051_5154385_n.jpg 
Views:	183 
Size:	47.3 KB 
ID:	115879

Gman is online now Mack Master William Large
    I think in order to grow as a company you need to continuously expand your product offerings/improve upon what you already have.

While they may have started off as a "soft snow" company, they have to realize that demographic of skier isn't enough for a company to survive long term. While 6 new designs are a lot for one year, these could be slight tweaks on existing designs or designs they've wanted to produce for a while but didn't have the capital. Look at what Worth did having Keith produce their skis this past year, maybe he will go off some of those designs.

super happy with my Rx @185 so will crush them again next year.

Never mind that, when are they going to fully redesign their website? It's painful to look at at use any time I go on there. Whose idea was it to only make specs visible in PDF form?

^^^ Looks like the website has been redone...

Quote Originally Posted by skew View Post
    ^^^ Looks like the website has been redone...
    Kind of. At least the specs aren't in PDF form any more. Praxis guys: $1K would be very well spent on a web designer/developer. The site really doesn't do your product justice.

Quote Originally Posted by BamBam_540 View Post
    Kind of. At least the specs aren't in PDF form any more. Praxis guys: $1K would be very well spent on a web designer/developer. The site really doesn't do your product justice.
    That's what word of mouth and sites like tgr are for.
    Magic Mountain Freeride Team...bringing your grom's game to the next level.

The only ski you'll ever need...http://worthskis.com/skis/the-magic/

"Errare Humanum Est"

I'll admit that some proper line spacing, and sentences that do not suddenly break a few words into the new line would help this a lot. It is simple formatting stuff. Perhaps it is my browser, but every second line is only an inch long. It isn't anal, this stuff makes a difference.

http://www.praxisskis.com/shop/buy-s...&category_id=6
    Life is not lift served.

Don't worry, it's your browser.

VC is offline Calmer then you are Dude
    If you're selling some of the best quality skis for under $600 bucks you gotta cut costs somewhere.

Does a little digging for data/info seem like a hassle to you?

God, that zebrawood veneer looks sexy. But there's no way I can justify adding $250 just for the graphic. Wonder how much different it looks from the knotty pine print...?
    "Alpine rock and steep, deep powder are what I seek, and I will always find solace there." - Bean Bowers

photos

Quote Originally Posted by auvgeek View Post
    God, that zebrawood veneer looks sexy. But there's no way I can justify adding $250 just for the graphic. Wonder how much different it looks from the knotty pine print...?
    It's pretty fucking badass™ in person.

$250 badass? That's up to you I guess.
    Besides the comet that killed the dinosaurs nothing has destroyed a species faster than entitled white people.-ajp

Got any super-sexy spy pics for me? It's kinda hard to visualize how that would look on a ski from the one pic he has up there. Also, do you know if the Ullr standard graphic the Knotty Pine print?

The tranquility print is pretty neat too...

Dammit, I knew this would happen. Too many fucking options.
    "Alpine rock and steep, deep powder are what I seek, and I will always find solace there." - Bean Bowers

photos

I Wish him MUCH Success.

I like how he does it, and where he does it.

There could come a day where 30% of the skis purchased and used in Incline Village where Praxis.

Good luck.
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

Preordered the Woo 187 taxi in a med/stiff! The wait is on!