Touring in the 'Hood

Going to run down this weekend to the Mt. Hood area for some snow with a buddy. One day will be Timberline I am sure however it would be nice to get some skinning in somewhere. Last time I was at Hood was I when the first year PM Gear skis were being demoed by a bunch of you kooks

Beers/nickel change given for any help towards answering:
    1. Where is best to tour? Looking for probably 2-3k mellow'ish. I have Avy2 and glacier however my friend can barely spell splitboard.
    2. Where can good camping be found with us arriving near 8pm-9pm'ish on Friday? Do not mind paying and having a bit of room to drink (and\or midget tossing).
    3. Good books that have touring destinations in the area?

Muchas gracias.
    There are no trees, only lines I choose not to take.

1) wyeast face
    2)yer car or sleeping bag next to it.
    3)pull in and look up. don't need a book for that.

rog

Quote Originally Posted by icelanticskier View Post
    1) wyeast face
    2)yer car or sleeping bag next to it.
    3)pull in and look up. don't need a book for that.

rog
    +1 - Wyeast face - start from Meadows parking lot. It's a sweeeet ski descent. Fall line will dump you into Heather Canyon so if you want to max your vert, keep going down and hitch a ride around if possible.
    "In the woods, we return to reason and faith. There I feel that nothing can befall me in life, — no disgrace, no calamity, (leaving me my eyes,) which nature cannot repair." -Emerson

Quote Originally Posted by ducktherope View Post
    Going to run down this weekend to the Mt. Hood area for some snow with a buddy. One day will be Timberline I am sure however it would be nice to get some skinning in somewhere. Last time I was at Hood was I when the first year PM Gear skis were being demoed by a bunch of you kooks

Beers/nickel change given for any help towards answering:
    1. Where is best to tour? Looking for probably 2-3k mellow'ish. I have Avy2 and glacier however my friend can barely spell splitboard.
    2. Where can good camping be found with us arriving near 8pm-9pm'ish on Friday? Do not mind paying and having a bit of room to drink (and\or midget tossing).
    3. Good books that have touring destinations in the area?

Muchas gracias.
    1.ditto
    2. wherever you want, if parking lot is not your thing there are a bunch of spots on the north side along 35
    3.http://books.google.com/books?id=0ol...page&q&f=false