Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Beartooth Pass - summer season starts in two weeks!

Gardener Headwall looking fat!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Btooth_May12_1.jpg 
Views:	320 
Size:	5.8 KB 
ID:	115548
    Rock Creek Headwall also with a good amount of snow
    Name:  Btooth_May12_4.jpg
Views: 1332
Size:  4.1 KB
    Twin Lakes Headwall - Red Lodge Summer Ski Hill! We'll be shredding this until July!!

Name:	Btooth_May12_2.jpg 
Views:	258 
Size:	6.8 KB 
ID:	115550

Name:	Btooth_May12_3.jpg 
Views:	230 
Size:	5.3 KB 
ID:	115551
    Beartooth Pass opens Memorial Day weekend - May 25th (weather permitting)....get your boards ready for action!!

Are you guys doing the ON3P demo and big mountain comp again? That was really fun last year!

Will any lifts be running?
    The pacifists always lose, because the anti-pacifists kill them.

Quote Originally Posted by AKPogue View Post
    Will any lifts be running?
    now that question is just silly
    it is a ski area at the top of beartooth pass, it opens late spring once the road opens and closes when the snow melts

Sweet!!! GAME ON!

Quote Originally Posted by skiracer88_00 View Post
    Are you guys doing the ON3P demo and big mountain comp again? That was really fun last year!
    Good times indeed! I would also love to know about those events.

From Newschoolers: "Hey guys, were still waiting a few more days to release more complete details. The 2nd Annual Beartooth Summer Session will be held June 20-23. It includes 3 days of free demos, a guided backcountry ski day with the ON3P demo fleet, and a finale of a big mountain slopestyle comp. Like I said, more details coming soon but get stoked."

Link to thread

Gonna just leave this bit o' stoke right here.

Many thanks to all the people who help make this place happen. Love the Beartooths!!!
    Last edited by AustinFromSA; 05-09-2012 at 07:38 PM.

now that question is just silly
    it is a ski area at the top of beartooth pass, it opens late spring once the road opens and closes when the snow melts
    Well last time I drove through the area there was plenty of snow but the lift wasn't running. So no, it is not a silly question. But I might be there. Is there a beginner area at all? My wife might like to ski but she sucks.

Well last time I drove through the area there was plenty of snow but the lift wasn't running. So no, it is not a silly question. But I might be there. Is there a beginner area at all? My wife might like to ski but she sucks.
    It really depends. Their hours are kind of a narrow window, like 9-3, and I'm not entirely sure if they run every day. Here's their website. I'd contact them before heading up. http://rlissc.com/ But regardless of whether they're running the lifts or not, it's surrounded by gazillions of acres of hikeable terrain.

As for a beginner area, it's tough to say. I went down the steeper side and it's no joke. Same with the RC headwall. Definitely not a beginner area, BUT at the ski camp, I've heard it's way easier to go down to the right of the lifts (looking down from the road). You might have to go check it out for yourself and gauge it versus her ability. It might not be too bad. On their website at http://rlissc.com/terrain.html it does say that "Advance intermediate ability is strongly recommended." Sounds about right from what I remember. If she doesn't like the looks of it, then don't make her go, as she's gonna have to be hauled out by the poma lift and that sucker is actually pretty steep! A fun ride, but might be a bit scary for a true beginner.

If your wife doesn't want to ski, don't let that you hold you back. It's a sick place.

There is no beginner terrain at the ski area. If she "sucks" at skiing she will not have fun there.

Well last time I drove through the area there was plenty of snow but the lift wasn't running. So no, it is not a silly question.
    Well, I guess more generally, why would beartooth start a thread about their summer ski season starting in 2 weeks, then not run the lifts. Did you think they were going to just expect people to just hike up the poma tracks?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Records View Post
    There is no beginner terrain at the ski area. If she "sucks" at skiing she will not have fun there.
    Thanks and she does suck. She only has about 10 days total of skiing in her life if that. So she wouldn't be able to ski that.

Well, I guess more generally, why would beartooth start a thread about their summer ski season starting in 2 weeks, then not run the lifts. Did you think they were going to just expect people to just hike up the poma tracks?
    If Beartooth Gnar is the POC on here for running lifts at Beartooth Pass then they fail miserably at marketing. Maybe they don't want anyone to come up and ski. I have no idea and until your second post I thought the op was just some guy who wanted to let people know Beartooth pass was opening up, especially since the only time I have been through Beartooth Pass it looked like it wasn't running. In case you haven't figured it out by now, I am not a Beartooth Pass expert and don't pretend to be. Maybe I have missed it, but most of the trs here for Beartooth Pass have been for people who did hike around the area. I know you are a ski racer but some people do go up mountains that don't have a lift!!

I miss the days when you were a nice person. Who cares if it was wasn't the smartest question? Filling a potentially useful thread with this stupid back and forth is a waste of everyone's time.

If Beartooth Gnar is the POC on here for running lifts at Beartooth Pass then they fail miserably at marketing. Maybe they don't want anyone to come up and ski. I have no idea and until your second post I thought the op was just some guy who wanted to let people know Beartooth pass was opening up, especially since the only time I have been through Beartooth Pass it looked like it wasn't running. In case you haven't figured it out by now, I am not a Beartooth Pass expert and don't pretend to be. Maybe I have missed it, but most of the trs here for Beartooth Pass have been for people who did hike around the area. I know you are a ski racer but some people do go up mountains that don't have a lift!!
    Reading back now, i can see how the thread can be read that way. didn't see it before. sorry about that

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Records View Post
    I miss the days when you were a nice person.
    Funny that you are the only person I know who feels this way.

You know mike, I try really hard with you because I really like hanging out with you and think that you have generally been a good, loyal, knowledgable friend to me. However, being critisized, condescended to, and talked down to all the time gets really taxing on me.

This post was primarily to start stoke about overall rad skiing on the Beartooth. Plenty o lines up there beyond these three areas.
    The ski lifts at twin lakes WILL be turning this year. We have had cold temps and a foot of new since May 1st; if this pattern keeps up the lifts will spin until early July. I am the POC and although I agree I suck at marketing I have put up another thread concerning discounted tickets to all TGR maggots, so I'm trying to promote stoke, not forum battles.
    Plenty of beginner skiers have ridden our area (numerous 5 year olds), there is an option to hike in from a switchback down and just ski our lower lift. Way mellow and good lunch spot too.
    Hope to see you all this summer.

Sent from my ADR6350 using TGR Forums

This place looks fun. Only a 5 hour drive from Jackson too... How much are these discounted lift tickets Beartooth ?
    to ski another day

TGR members get $5 off ($40) and if you put up some TRs we'll do $35 tickets. Just print it out since smartphones don't work up there.
    Any maggots gonna hit me up this year?

Wish I could! Summer shred road trip would be great, if I get laid off I'll seriously consider it.

Getting stoked!

Saw some more posts by Caveman on NS about the ON3P session that I thought I'd cross post:

"The free demo days will be on Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and possibly Sunday. (Depending on interest, and how crazy the after party gets on Saturday night).

On Thursday, Beartooth Mountain Guides will be holding a snow safety clinic and on Friday they will take a group on a guided backcountry tour. On Saturday there will be a "big mountain slopestyle" comp.

We do have 2 pairs with Hammerheads. Beartooth Mountain Guides is leading the backcountry day. They have a Tucker snocat and the possibility of a vehicle shuttle depending on where they decide to go.

There will be a fee for the backcountry day (no different than buying a lift ticket) that will be announced with the other prices."

Anyone from the the Denver area thinking about heading up in June? Would love to carpool.

Go big, take RC headwall all the way back to MK. Drink whiskey. Ready... break.
    As a snowboarder... i fucking hate snowboarders in general. -advres

laps on Gardner FTW
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Tell me about the June pow...

Quote Originally Posted by splat View Post
    Tell me about the June pow...
    June 2009 this was our camp in the morning, the pow that day was pretty awesome.

Just wanted to keep the Beartooth stoke up. The 2nd Annual Beartooth Summer Session is coming up and will be held June 21-24. It includes free ON3P demos, guided backcountry skiing, big mountain slopestyle comp, and and afterparty. More information will be available very soon but for now here is a place to follow. www.beartoothsummersession.com