Page 64 of 97 FirstFirst ... 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 ... LastLast
Results 1,576 to 1,600 of 2405

Thread: What phone now?

i’m expecting corporate IT to kick me off the network goods this month when apple’s push to 13 comes and i can’t upgrade my iphone6. not sure i can make the jump to the lack of cord. the best part is i will have to pay for it. shenanigans. i hope i am misinterpreting my fate.

Android 10 landed on my Pixel 3a today.

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    Android 10 landed on my Pixel 3a today.
    didn't land on my Pixel 3, but when I went looking it was available to me.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    didn't land on my Pixel 3, but when I went looking it was available to me.
    I stand corrected. Land was the wrong word. Yes, I pushed check for updates and it pulled it. The funny part was the automatic check a few hours earlier didn't grab it. Maybe it's manual only? Also it didn't like me switching to another app like I usually do, it paused it until I came back and I told it to resume.

holy crap...xfinity mobile is the worst customer support i have ever encountered..yeah yeah its comcast but holy crap! they actually confused me they were so bad

super cheap but once you have any issue its better to change carries. relqted to the fairplay colorado coming back one 285 and no service..the 3rd level tech then her manager actually told me u need to check for updates daily and reboot your new samsung every morning...no explanation why verizon works fine [or did] in that area. 3rd level stated the phones these days are just like computers...need to be rebooted every day. WTF?

yea, keep Xfinity mobile until u have an issue then switch carries before wasting time with their support

Quote Originally Posted by huckbucket View Post
    Key-rist! Are you guys talking about your Verizon-mangled phones with all of this horseshit? With a Pixel the default is wifi calling if you're connected locally and then cell if needed (no difference really whether you're a Fi customer or Verizon). If you're in Yurp with a Pixel and worried about the cost of calling back to the states or locally in Yurp either pay $10/day or just shut cell service off, find a nice wifi signal and have at it. Verizon won't/can't block it. Installed dialer works great or use Duo for crystal clear voice.
    Pixel on Verizon cannot default to wifi in USA. Only while roaming can wifi be selected as default Calling method. Sure, duo, whatapp, Facebook messenger will all work but regular calling will not.
    I've been experimenting as my house has bad cell reception. I simply do not get calls when I turn off mobile network. I can call out, but not receive.

This capability was changed by Verizon in some update. Other carriers allow wifi as default.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    Pixel on Verizon cannot default to wifi in USA. Only while roaming can wifi be selected as default Calling method. Sure, duo, whatapp, Facebook messenger will all work but regular calling will not.
    I've been experimenting as my house has bad cell reception. I simply do not get calls when I turn off mobile network. I can call out, but not receive.

This capability was changed by Verizon in some update. Other carriers allow wifi as default.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using TGR Forums mobile app
    I'm with you. I was just thinking about calling out and not receiving although I know I can have cellular off and wifi on and get calls. Confident I've done this a bunch of time.

So AT&T working on local towers has me without cell coverage at my house on the HTC android phone. Everything else works except incoming and out going calls. Going round and round for two weeks with the very nice folks at the AT&T store has not yielded a solution. My neighbor has the iphone and is not having any problems.

Looks like I can get a renewed i8 off amazon for around $300 dedicated to AT&T or $350 for unlocked to all carriers, I have had the HTC for about 7+ years so new phone seems like the thing to do.
    watch out for snakes

Wuz yer HTC using 2G??? A few years ago AT&T upgraded the towers around here and folks had to get new phones.

Why buy an n-4 used iPhone and get on the Apple/iOS merry go round? Head over to Moto and check out the G7 Play. If you were using a 7 year old HTC, even an Etch-a-sketch is going to seem like an upgrade. If you treat it nice you'll get 3 years out of the Moto. I don't think the cell coverage issue is Apple vs Android. I think it's a case where the radio in your HTC is no longer compatible with the towers in your hood. They obviously changed something. Wait, did it ever work?

The last try was to replace the sim card which did not work, also found out that the battery is swelled possibly causing problems. The HTC was good with 4G, they are going to 5G. Old phone, time to upgrade.

Got an iphone 8 on the way.
    watch out for snakes

Bought a ulefone armor 3 with a. 10300 mah battery

Heavy, but it lasts 2+days of heavy use, as opposed to my Moto which later half a day.

And it's pretty bulletproof

Sent from my Armor_3 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by rod9301 View Post
    Bought a ulefone armor 3 with a. 10300 mah battery

Heavy, but it lasts 2+days of heavy use, as opposed to my Moto which later half a day.

And it's pretty bulletproof

Sent from my Armor_3 using Tapatalk
    Holy Engrish Batman! Check out their website. Thanks but no thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by SB View Post
    So AT&T working on local towers has me without cell coverage at my house on the HTC android phone. Everything else works except incoming and out going calls. Going round and round for two weeks with the very nice folks at the AT&T store has not yielded a solution. My neighbor has the iphone and is not having any problems.

Looks like I can get a renewed i8 off amazon for around $300 dedicated to AT&T or $350 for unlocked to all carriers, I have had the HTC for about 7+ years so new phone seems like the thing to do.
    i'm dropping from an iphone7 to 6. had to get a 7 after leaving the 6 on a plane but southwest actually found it and sent it to me; 7 was overrated and probably so is everything else after the iphone5
    TGR forums cannot handle SkiCougar !

Just replaced the battery on my 6. Going strong.
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

Talked to guy at the AT&T store, asked him which i phones are best. He said stay away from the 10, guess the 11 is too new to have a track record. He said the 8 was a good one.
    watch out for snakes

No iPhone is a good iPhone.

Shopping them for Christmas gifts. 10 has a battery life of 21 hours and accepts both lightning cable and wireless chargers. 11 has a battery life of 10 hours and no cable charge, gotta use wireless charger everywhere. Kids gotta have that fancier camera though LOL. Pretty much everything else is the same..
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Microsoft folding phone is out !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vDwnSUaeKVs

apple and google might as well close up and their execs sell their stock while it's still worth something !
    TGR forums cannot handle SkiCougar !

Older ipads and iphone 4 and 5 need immediate update:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/techn...ly-apple-says/

Anyone using a Galaxy A50? Finally going to make the switch to Xfinity mobile and I can't bring my X4 over. It's either a choice between the A50 or the Moto G7. CNET had pretty good things to say about the A50 and solidly recommended it over the G7, and Xfinity is offering $250 off the A50 starting tomorrow.

Unrelated, the new Razr looks absolutely sick. If Motorola's folding tech trickles down to a G-series pricepoint in a few years I'll buy one in a heartbeat.

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    Anyone using a Galaxy A50? Finally going to make the switch to Xfinity mobile and I can't bring my X4 over. It's either a choice between the A50 or the Moto G7. CNET had pretty good things to say about the A50 and solidly recommended it over the G7, and Xfinity is offering $250 off the A50 starting tomorrow.
    Yes. I got one couple of months ago when xfinity last had a rebate on them . I like it better than my s8, a flagship phone from two years ago. For the price especially when they discount or rebate it's a steal.

IMHO You got to be a super power user or a slave to fashion to need the latest and greatest flagship phone when the mid range is as good as the A50.

Cool, thanks. Completely agree on flagship phones.

Another thumbs up to the Pixel. Super fast, well coordinated UI and great battery.

Quote Originally Posted by The Reverend Floater View Post
    Another thumbs up to the Pixel. Super fast, well coordinated UI and great battery.
    Which one? Thanks to the help here, I ended up with a Pixel 3 and have been extraordinarily happy with it. Reviewers were big fans of it too, but now those same peeps are really talking a lot of trash about the Pixel 4. I am not hearing good things overall.

I'll give a thumbs up for the Pixel 2XL. Not sure if you can even buy it anymore, but it's been solid for the past year.