Page 5 of 97 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread: What phone now?

S3 is a tank and the screen sucks in daylight. Totally buy one.
    Brought to you by Carl's Jr.

I heard they're selling iPhones with iMagnifying Glasses now so you can see the screen.

My brother-in-law has owned every iPhone and iPad. He just bought a S3. Of course, he'll probably buy an iPhone 5 when that comes out, and then buy whichever new Apple or Samsung model is released first after that, and repeat ad nauseum.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuckerman View Post
    Good deal what's it running?
    Android Version 2.3.6.

If you were asking for something else, I am a smartphone n00b- this is my first.
    "Nothing like a very, very amorous woman in a leg imobilizer who dozes off every 3 1/2 minutes."
    -Notchtop

Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    My girls just bought the S3 and it is a pretty slick looking phone. Wife sat still to play with it all day yesterday which is unheard of. I am still addicted to the keyboard on my crackberry and just cant go to a touch screen
    A few of the Androids have either a slide out keyboard (Motorola Droid 4, one from LG and others like Samsung Stratosphere) or a keyboard at the bottom (Droid Pro) so there are options out there with Android phones to avoid a touch screen only keyboard.

L2S, I thought I needed a real keyboard after my old motorola droid but it took like 10 minutes to get used to the touchscreen, you might be surprised at how easy the switch is.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    L2S, I thought I needed a real keyboard after my old motorola droid but it took like 10 minutes to get used to the touchscreen, you might be surprised at how easy the switch is.
    Ice, I am sure you are correct, if I am sitting there looking at it, but when I am driving, I can type by feel with the buttons. I know, flame on you guys. I get about 100 emails a day, so I am always typing on the damn thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Quote Originally Posted by systemoverblow'd View Post
    S3 is a tank and the screen sucks in daylight. Totally buy one.
    Based almost entirely on your recommendation I bought one.

It fucking rules in almost every respect over the iPhone IMO.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Take it out in the sun.

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    Based almost entirely on your recommendation I bought one.

It fucking rules in almost every respect over the iPhone IMO.
    I am so debating on getting one. I have had the gay phone since number one and I'm tired of it. Same phone comes out every time. What do you use to upload music? Does it work with itunes ?
    Took me like 10 minutes to figure out how to change this shit

Just looking for this thread last night. Working off an old ass Blackberry and was thinking pretty hard about an iPhone 5. Seems like a solid phone but nothing special. Didn't know songs on iTunes are leased rather than owned. Not a fan of that model. Like the size of the Razr M that just came out but might wait to check out the Nokia 920. Looks like a solid option.

Take it out in the sun.
    Mine works just fine in the sun, easy to read emails and making calls, but I'm not watching dark emo hipster videos. The iphone might be better for that.
    I've concluded that DJSapp was never DJSapp, and Not DJSapp is also not DJSapp, so that means he's telling the truth now and he was lying before.

Works fine in the sun.

Winamp app and desktop means no itunes. Which is worth ditching the iPhone for in and of itself.

Only problem I've had is I can't get it to pair with blue tooth receiver in my wife's car.

So I cant transfer my music from itunes ?
    Took me like 10 minutes to figure out how to change this shit

Quote Originally Posted by Mazderati View Post
    ...might wait to check out the Nokia 920. Looks like a solid option.
    i vote you buy one, it might keep them in business. More options is better then less options.

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    Only problem I've had is I can't get it to pair with blue tooth receiver in my wife's car.
    that's odd. I would bet it's not the phone's fault.

Funny you two must have magic s3's. Because it is a major complaint from most people who aren't screaming Apple haters. Even diehard android fanboys admit it is a problem.

Google galaxy s3 in sunlight.

Lulz, enjoy that one.

My Nexus is definitely hard to read in the sun, although just tilting it around a bit seems to solve the problem pretty much. Not a dealbreaker for me.

My Nexus is definitely hard to read in the sun, although just tilting it around a bit seems to solve the problem pretty much. Not a dealbreaker for me.
    Problem is people who had the s2 are saying how much better in bright sunlight the viewing is. Going backwards in performance is sweet!

The downfalls of AMOLED screens are well know by people who don't just parrot fanboy shit.

The downfalls of AMOLED screens are well know by people who don't just parrot fanboy shit.
    I spent 4 hours in the sun answering emails, surfing the web and checking tgr on the jobsite on Wednesday. I think I know how my S3 performs. Maybe mine is magic.

As for your video, I have yet to see a phone that can compete with the sun being DIRECTLY BEHIND it. For about a quarter of the video the fricking sun was reflecting off the phone. Maybe a old school nokia flip phone with a b&w dot matrix screen would have shown up in that video. Maybe the iphone fanboyz are trying to latch onto a weakness of the phone since they're falling behind and are jealous.

FWIW, I've done the pepsi challenge with a coworker and his iphone 4s. Yes his is brighter in the sun, but not enough to make a major difference. Both work in the sun.
    I've concluded that DJSapp was never DJSapp, and Not DJSapp is also not DJSapp, so that means he's telling the truth now and he was lying before.

Just ordered the EVO LTE. Have the old EVO 4g, but apparently dropping your phone in a cup of beer isn't good for it.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by bmg97 View Post
    So I cant transfer my music from itunes ?
    trandfer music Into winamp desktop software on your computer then synch that with your phone's winamp app.

Works kike a charm

that's odd. I would bet it's not the phone's fault.
    I know. It's a somewhat older after market pioneer unit that previous owner of her truck installed. It worked fine with my iPhone and her Blackberry (which she just replaced yesterday with a Galaxy to further enrage Gameface).

Screen on the Pioneer shows "memory full" error when you attempt to pair. I was going to do some research to try and figure out if there's some bluetooth compatibilty issue with older devices.

who don't just parrot fanboy shit.
    I liked my iPhone I've had two of them. So has my wife. Having spoken to several people with the S3 and played around with one myself for a while I decided I liked it so bought one. So hardly a fanboy merely a purchaser. I did have to exchange it for a replacement a couple of days in, after it refused to boot/continually froze, as far as I can tell that is not a widespread issue and is not dissimilar to an issue I had with the iPhone.
    Last edited by PNWbrit; 09-14-2012 at 10:27 AM.

I just ordered the 5 today. Moving on from RIM.

I think my patience may have just been paid off with the new Photon from Motorola. Android, sweet looking keyboard, front facing camera for video conferencing and it is a World phone for when I am on the road. http://www.motorola.com/us/consumers...WT.mc_ev=click
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Anyone had both the iphone and S3? What's your preference? The only smartphone I've had has been Android.

The wife and I are due for new phones and will be buying one or both of them. I'm leaning toward the S3 (partly because I don't want to wait another month). Is the touch sharing thing on the S3 make buying two of those between us a good idea? I'm coming from a smaller LG Optimus which fit nice in the pocket. How's the S3 for size?

I really need to get in the shop here soon and hold them, but just wanted to see what tgr world thought.