Page 52 of 97 FirstFirst ... 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 ... LastLast
Results 1,276 to 1,300 of 2406

Thread: What phone now?

Quote Originally Posted by My Pet Powder Goat View Post
    I s actuality affected by that in an embarrassing way.

I was sending my friend a link on Messenger about a large grow-op tent; "check out this 98x98 bad boy!"

I'm at work, so not really paying attention, when I get a 'thumbs up' from a unrelated friend when I realize I sent out the txt/link to about 15 recent contacts including my aunt peg, and aunt Jean.

I told them all "wrong number" and joked with a few.... My aunt wanted to know what I'm growing. Lol

Later, my phone sent about 1000 gifs to the poor kid I was talking about the tent with. Fucking weird.
    Attachment 240534

Sent from my SM-G955U using TGR Forums mobile app
    Fuuuuuck. What phone do you have?

Quote Originally Posted by My Pet Powder Goat View Post
    I realize I sent out the txt/link to about 15 recent contacts including my aunt peg, and aunt Jean.

Fucking weird
    Laughing at your misfortune but, very not funny.

same Note 8

No Issues (emoji91fingerscrossed)
    ​I am not in your hurry

Amazon has the Moto X on their Prime Day sale today - $199.

https://www.amazon.com/Moto-4th-Gene...5049f0INT&th=1

I'm kinda tempted to grab one to replace my still-functioning (somehow) Nexus 5X.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    Amazon has the Moto X on their Prime Day sale today - $199.

https://www.amazon.com/Moto-4th-Gene...5049f0INT&th=1

I'm kinda tempted to grab one to replace my still-functioning (somehow) Nexus 5X.
    Battery life is good on my X^4. It's newer so it will get updates longer than the Nexus 5x. And I mostly like the fingerprint reader. Other than that, I find it to be a very underwhelming phone. I would not have bought it save for it was the cheapest Fi compatible phone and my 5x couldn't keep a charge for more than half a day of use, among other issues. If you aren't on Fi, don't get it.

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    Battery life is good on my X^4. It's newer so it will get updates longer than the Nexus 5x. And I mostly like the fingerprint reader. Other than that, I find it to be a very underwhelming phone. I would not have bought it save for it was the cheapest Fi compatible phone and my 5x couldn't keep a charge for more than half a day of use, among other issues. If you aren't on Fi, don't get it.
    I'm not on Fi anymore.

I don't really have any issues with my Nexus 5X, except that battery life is worsening as it gets older -- and it wasn't great to start with. It still works fine, otherwise.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    I'm not on Fi anymore.

I don't really have any issues with my Nexus 5X, except that battery life is worsening as it gets older -- and it wasn't great to start with. It still works fine, otherwise.
    No reason to get an X^4. I think the Moto G5S+ is where it's at in this price and performance range. I wish it was compatible with Fi. Don't even get me started on the G6. Why Moto? Why?

Wondering if this is an anomaly or par.
    I have a iphone6s+ that has served me well.
    Several months ago coverage at my house dropped to one bar or two.
    I spoke with cust serv and tech sup about it and retention gave me a $20 discount and then when tech didn't fix it in the next couple months, they were adding a $50 disc monthly for maybe 5 months. Finally they decided nothing wrong with the tower and stopped giving me that perk.

So if I bike or drive a mile away, four bars. All over the city, four bars. On the few blocks around my place, one - two bars. Tech thinks its the sim card and wants me to swap. Seems pointless to me and I don't like handing over my phone, how could it be sim card if it works elsewhere?

Told retention I was going to bail, and they offered a "new" phone for $100. I figure that's probably a refurbished?

Sticky part is they want a two year contract to do that. I don't want to be stuck with one bar in my neighborhood. They say 14 day clause if it doesn't work return it and I'm set free.

Dubious at best.

Bueller?

eta: I have two lines so still paying $95 or so, could switch to comcast for $45 for one line and $10 for the other, not sure if taxes are on top of that. I finally buckled and did Comcast isp at the house.

Quote Originally Posted by Rideski View Post
    Wondering if this is an anomaly or par.
    I have a iphone6s+ that has served me well.
    Several months ago coverage at my house dropped to one bar or two.
    I spoke with cust serv and tech sup about it and retention gave me a $20 discount and then when tech didn't fix it in the next couple months, they were adding a $50 disc monthly for maybe 5 months. Finally they decided nothing wrong with the tower and stopped giving me that perk.

So if I bike or drive a mile away, four bars. All over the city, four bars. On the few blocks around my place, one - two bars. Tech thinks its the sim card and wants me to swap. Seems pointless to me and I don't like handing over my phone, how could it be sim card if it works elsewhere?

Told retention I was going to bail, and they offered a "new" phone for $100. I figure that's probably a refurbished?

Sticky part is they want a two year contract to do that. I don't want to be stuck with one bar in my neighborhood. They say 14 day clause if it doesn't work return it and I'm set free.

Dubious at best.

Bueller?

eta: I have two lines so still paying $95 or so, could switch to comcast for $45 for one line and $10 for the other, not sure if taxes are on top of that. I finally buckled and did Comcast isp at the house.
    Sounds like the phone to me. Weird but possible. You have any other lines in the house? How many bars on those devices? I'd fight the 2yr Bs. Don't you have device insurance? $100-150 deductible? Try new iPhone if it sucks still sell on CL as "new" for profit and buy a new model.

I just grabbed a pixel 2. Solid phone so far.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using TGR Forums mobile app

Had device ins for quite a while, cancelled a couple months ago.
    Phone is paid off now.
    They're offering free sim card swap.

Other phone is a dumb phone that's comfortable to have hour long phone calls on, also not getting good reception now, but guessing it's 3g. Been a while since I looked actually.

Could take the $100 phone and upgrade the dumb phone and keep the i6s+
    Guy sounded legit and said no way out of the 2yr. Which is odd since att did away with contracts.

Wife wants a iPhone with a better camera. she has and iPhone 5s. I am choking on the cost of a new iPhone as I bought a $170 Moto g5 plus.

What are the cameras like in older iPhones IE iphone7?

The Apple iPhone 7 has a 12MP wide-angle and telephoto camera (rear) and usually a lower resolution (in this case 7MP) front facing camera for selfies and Facetime etc. Usually Apple gets pretty good reviews for their cameras (even though they may not be as high of MP as some of the newer 8 and 9th generation higher end Android phone cameras out. Samsung, and some of the Motorola model cameras etc. are up over 20MP...

Just got Android 9 Pie today. So far it's pretty slick.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using TGR Forums mobile app

Yup ... installed it a couple of days ago. I like it too. Some good improvements.

i bought a refurbished 6s with 64 gigs storage in like new condition for 250 on amazon. it's a nice phone

Quote Originally Posted by huckbucket View Post
    Yup ... installed it a couple of days ago. I like it too. Some good improvements.
    Digging it so far myself

Sent from my Pixel 2 using TGR Forums mobile app

I think I'll be able to leave the readers in the car thanks to the larger font.
    Quote Originally Posted by stalefish3169 View Post
    Just got Android 9 Pie today. So far it's pretty slick.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using TGR Forums mobile app
    Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Im getting a Galaxy S9+ tomorrow. Dont see the value in the Note 9.
    "I don't pretend to have all the answers, and I think there's something to be said for that" -One For The Road

Brain dead and made of money.

S9+ is the hotness but you ought to check and see if there are any good deals at your carrier for a Note 8 now that the 9s have been released. Mrs Cruiser and I both have them and they've been excellent devices.
    Brandine: Now Cletus, if I catch you with pig lipstick on your collar one more time you ain't gonna be allowed to sleep in the barn no more!
    Cletus: Duly noted.

New Apple pricing gonna make used phones cheap.

New IPhone watch has ECG capabilities. That's pretty crazy. And don't think Apple won't track the heartbeat of millions of people and use it to their advantage somehow. Fitbit has already been doing this for years. Crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by 4matic View Post
    New Apple pricing gonna make used phones cheap.
    Am I missing something? The new XS starts at 1100 bones and tops out at 1450. That is a lot of cheddar for a phone.
    Live Free or Die

Same price as the X and maybe a bit cheaper.

How is that any different from the previous 10 or so Iphone releases?

Not that I'm opposed here, I like to buy cheap old tech phones mostly, but I don't see the economics of phones changing because of this.
    Live Free or Die

Did anyone take out a loan and pre-order the Red Hydrogen?

Probably right on the retail side. Apple doesn’t discount previous models that much.