Page 82 of 97 FirstFirst ... 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 ... LastLast
Results 2,026 to 2,050 of 2405

Thread: What phone now?

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    We are looking at the S21 FE.
    Then that is a one generation prior model and probably $150 or so cheaper than the S22 series for similar model. Can be had for $550 to $700 again depending on the carrier and storage memory and all.

We got a brand new S20 for $360, out the door. Has a memory card slot and 128, should fit his needs. He’s bummed about no headphone Jack, though.
    But he’s stoked on the birthday present.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    We got a brand new S20 for $360, out the door. Has a memory card slot and 128, should fit his needs. He’s bummed about no headphone Jack, though.
    But he’s stoked on the birthday present.
    Only reason lately that I have wanted a headphone jack is because my one phone does FM radio. It needs a cable or wired headphones into the headphone jack to use as an antenna. Otherwise, Bluetooth wireless are the way to go. Only drawback over the old style wired headphones and that is slightly shorter battery life out of the phone, and having to charge the bluetooth headphones also. But they can be had for pretty cheap out there unless you want really high end name brand bluetooth headphones.

Devil box problems
    watch out for snakes

I rarely buy a new (current generation) phone. I am rocking an old Note 5 which is in great condition, but is starting to not do everything as well as my wife's newer phone. (likely software issues). I do want a headphone jack, so what is the most current phone that still has one? I was looking at a Z3 Fold, but no jack. Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

The S10 is probably one of the best phones around that has a jack. It's a great phone and I'm sure you can get one for a decent price.

While old relatively, my moto power something or other has a HF jack, battery lasts forever (like 3 days), tons of internal storage, ability to have an external card as well, which I do for music. Can't really complain about it unless you use it for a high end camera. Should be about a hundo, and I run full office on it. Just a budget bomber option. Perfect for a 15 y/o such as myself.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Stainless View Post
    I've got a Z Fold 3. Waiting until they're completely phased out and then I'm going to warranty it for the 4.

I can't go back to a regular phone now.
    Other than the crack, how do you like it?
    "All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."

Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    I rarely buy a new (current generation) phone. I am rocking an old Note 5 which is in great condition, but is starting to not do everything as well as my wife's newer phone. (likely software issues). I do want a headphone jack, so what is the most current phone that still has one? I was looking at a Z3 Fold, but no jack. Thanks
    Motorola has some new and previous generation phones that have headphone jacks. The Motorola G 5G as one example has the headphone jack (2022 edition as they call it) It was recently on sale for $299, but may have gone back up and off their sale directly from Motorola now. There are other models out there also from Samsung, Google, and a few others...

https://www.wired.com/gallery/best-h...e-jack-phones/ is an article that is pretty recent discussing this. There are some more older 1 or 2 generation back phones also.

I'd totally rock a Moto G but the lack of NFC kills it for me.

I've been using Total Wireless for awhile, but Verizon recently bought it and the plans got worse. So, shopping for a different carrier. Must be on Verizon network though - nothing else works at my house, or reliably out in the remote areas of the Sierra or Nevada.

Recommendations? Considering Visible - which Verizon also owns, but plans are better.

Also, saw this on Slickdeals: Motorola One Ace with a month of Visible, $205. Considering as an upgrade from my Moto G Power, but also might just wait for Black Friday sales.
    https://slickdeals.net/f/16053370-mo...e_interspersed
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Thanks guys and great suggestion El Chup, I will wait for the sale in Nov.
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    I've been using Total Wireless for awhile, but Verizon recently bought it and the plans got worse. So, shopping for a different carrier. Must be on Verizon network though - nothing else works at my house, or reliably out in the remote areas of the Sierra or Nevada.

Recommendations? Considering Visible - which Verizon also owns, but plans are better.

Also, saw this on Slickdeals: Motorola One Ace with a month of Visible, $205. Considering as an upgrade from my Moto G Power, but also might just wait for Black Friday sales.
    do you have xfinity cable? I think their cell plans use verizon towers, not sure though.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    do you have xfinity cable? I think their cell plans use verizon towers, not sure though.
    No cable available at my house. (Which is a whole other thing... stuck with very slow DSL as our only home internet.)
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post

Do you use and need a bunch of data? I'd compare Visible (now with 2 new plans, not sure you can get the old plan that was $40 and Party Pay could get you down to $25 per month). Their $30 plan is the replacement, and they have a $45 plan that offers some international countries calling and all. They have also enabled roaming (on the Verizon Extended network) on that $45 per month plan. Other thing they have done is you are on the "core" or primary network now and not on the older 'Cloud" network with a lower priority and different offering limitations. Visible has had a few issues with the switch and has no telephone support- only chat or messages via social media. Some are reporting hours of time and disconnections with the Visible chat, unless you keep it active and periodcally keep it open and message to stay in their queue.

Other options would be MVNO like Selectel with a series of plans (non of which are unlimited data though. Telephone and chat support is both available and US based. Other is Red Pocket, that has Verizon, AT&T, and T-Mobile offerings. Some deals on an annual payment for service (even sold over on Ebay) - but of course probably best to do the month to month prepay until you are certian that you are going to stay and happy with it...

Lesser known are US Mobile, which has more than 1 tower partner also and an unlimited plan offer (read the fine print) and 10 day trial for free... Boom Mobile also is on Verizon towers as a prepaid MVNO...

Thanks - helpful info. Data usage varies, but if I had unlimited, I'd stream more music while driving, so that has a benefit to me. International calling from the US isn't something I use.

I'll Google and research these options.

Verizon also has their own "prepaid" plan. I get 15gb for $35/mo. It takes a few months to drop to that rate but I think it started at $45.

I will say that I think that the conspiracists who say that V throttles the prepaid and MVNO folks make a good point. I can't prove it but it sure seems like my service is worse than when I was paying full freight. But I'm paying $35 instead of $80, so...
    ride bikes, climb, ski, travel, cook, work to fund former, repeat.

Quote Originally Posted by The Reverend Floater View Post
    Other than the crack, how do you like it?
    Its amazing. Im able to do every aspect of my job on my phone now.

I suspect the 4 will fix the cracking issue.
    "I don't pretend to have all the answers, and I think there's something to be said for that" -One For The Road

Brain dead and made of money.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Stainless View Post
    Its amazing. Im able to do every aspect of my job on my phone now.

I suspect the 4 will fix the cracking issue.
    Interesting. I love the concept and am happy to hear some first hand validation.
    "All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."

Why can’t Google make a reliable phone? https://news.google.com/articles/CAI...S&ceid=US%3Aen

Quote Originally Posted by SB View Post
    Devil box problems
    don't tred on Debbil Box plox

Apple officially concedes EU USB-C fight
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/techn...it/ar-AA13p327

I forgot to mention I got a Motorola G Stylus 5G phone a few weeks ago for $200 with a headphone jack. Awesome phone. Honestly is faster than my laptop and has a great screen. I am blown away by how good it is for the money paid.

Just upgraded to the Pixel 7 pro. Read some less than stellar reviews, but after a few days, I think it's a pretty nice phone. Camera is amazing. Face recognition is a game changer. Slightly larger screen size than my 5a.

My P6 pro has actually been pretty good. The only issues I've had are the adaptive brightness really is terrible, and the fingerprint reader is more misses than hits. And to be fair, that's been true with every phone I've had. Maybe I'm a vampire.