Page 78 of 97 FirstFirst ... 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 ... LastLast
Results 1,926 to 1,950 of 2406

Thread: What phone now?

If the a Moto G had NFC I'd be all over it.

S10E is tits. Smaller than average but with flagship construction and feel (and performance from a few years ago). Under $250 for mint ones is easy.
    ride bikes, climb, ski, travel, cook, work to fund former, repeat.

anyone else despising android 12? I upgraded pixel 3a last week and wish I had not. It is like they made a boomer version of android.

Quote Originally Posted by 406 View Post
    anyone else despising android 12? I upgraded pixel 3a last week and wish I had not. It is like they made a boomer version of android.
    So the last update they will support on the Pixel 3a sucks? Sounds like an Apple move to force you to buy a new phone. I don't plan to get rid of my 3a. Great phone.

I updated my Pixel 3a to Android 12 awhile back. They changed enough of the UI that it massively sucked for awhile and then I got used to it. Now I don't remember how it used to work. But yeah, pretty irritated to hear we're coming to the end of software support because the hardware is in great shape and I could easily see keeping it another 3 years or so.

Well this 3G shutdown thing sucks. My LG 5G phone apparently uses 3g internally to communicate with itself so it's useless as a phone now. All I can do is internet things when it's on wifi, can't even use wifi calling or through Fb when on wifi because it's recognized as a 3g device. I tried to go to the AT&T store to get a new (android) phone and they didn't have shit in stock so I went to another, same thing. Ok, order me a Pixel 6 Pro and I'll wait I guess. "Oh, we can't do that". The account is in my wife's name so she has to be there in person. WTF.
    Last edited by gravitylover; 03-04-2022 at 12:44 PM.

Which one do I want and why, the Pixel 6 or 6 Pro?

Quote Originally Posted by gravitylover View Post
    I think it comes down to how important the camera is to you. I have the Pro and the 4x optical zoom has been a game changer for me.

https://www.cnet.com/tech/mobile/goo...era-is-better/

I think if you have to ask, whatever photos you are taking with your phone aren't important enough to warrant the $300 upgrade.

That's pretty much what I've been reading. Not having had a really great camera I don't know that I'd miss it and I'm not one for taking pictures much anyway. I can't imagine a better camera would be worth it for the beer, cars or garden pics I take. I'm also kind of afraid the curved screen on the 6 Pro will look like my old Samsung with chipped glass edges pretty quickly, how has yours held up? I think that as long as I can put an sd card in to load music onto the 6 is probably where I want to be.

The curved screen is what's keeping me away from the 6 Pro as well. Hate them. Glad Samsung finally ditched them.

Screen size and quality is one of the differences between the 2. If you are not liking an almost 7 inch screen, then you go the 6 (which is still pretty big in my opinion at 6.4"). The 6 Pro is also $300 more, as well as some internal stuff like memory differences, processor, camera- Pro has 48MP telephoto (rear camera) and 4x optical and 20x Super Res digital zoom where the 6 has no optical zoom at all. Front camera is 3 megapixels better also if you are into better selfies and also does a 4K front video mode.

https://www.tomsguide.com/news/googl...nces-to-expect

I checked out the Pixel 6 and P6P at Best Buy and they are both unwieldly for 1 hand if that matters. My thumb was getting sore after a couple minutes.

I'm upgrading my Pixel 3 and trying to decide between the base Samsung S22 or iPhone 13pro. Mostly want a smaller device with good camera and decent battery. I'd prefer to stay android as the whole fam is on android and we are heavily vested in google photos. The battery reviews aren't great for the s22, though.

Any on an S22 and care to comment on battery life while using GPS? Can do you do 4 hour strava session?

If you want battery get a Moto G Power. LOL. Low-end large phone with battery for days.

Quote Originally Posted by slcdawg View Post
    I checked out the Pixel 6 and P6P at Best Buy and they are both unwieldly for 1 hand if that matters. My thumb was getting sore after a couple minutes.

I'm upgrading my Pixel 3 and trying to decide between the base Samsung S22 or iPhone 13pro. Mostly want a smaller device with good camera and decent battery. I'd prefer to stay android as the whole fam is on android and we are heavily vested in google photos. The battery reviews aren't great for the s22, though.

Any on an S22 and care to comment on battery life while using GPS? Can do you do 4 hour strava session?
    Every time I started to use Strava it was a battery killer. Even with a full charge in the past I'd end up with a dead phone before even an evening ride was over. Quit using it on my phone because of that. Can't say if it has gotten any better, but there are other activity and cycling tracking apps that are much better on battery life.

Quote Originally Posted by RShea View Post
    Every time I started to use Strava it was a battery killer. Even with a full charge
    in the past I'd end up with a dead phone before even an evening ride was over. Quit using it on my phone because of that. Can't say if it has gotten any better, but there are other activity and cycling tracking apps that are much better on battery life.
    Is this with the base s22? I can do 4 hour Strava sessions on my Pixel3 with no issues.

I had Strava going for 7 hours yesterday and used ~40% of battery...on my old pixel 3a. Something might be off in your settings or something. Not that Strava doesn't have tons of bugs almost every update.

Is this with the base s22? I can do 4 hour Strava sessions on my Pixel3 with no issues.
    No I do not have a S22, and I have not done Strava on my phone in years. The phone I am carrying now was just acquired in Jan and have not done any outdoor rides yet since I got my latest phone due to battery issues with the phone I was using last year. Maybe Strava is better now, but I've moved on to other apps. Use a Garmin Edge and have tried other apps on my phone to track and do routes including RidewithGPS for routes sometimes and the Samsung Health App to track distances etc. I upload to Strava from Garmin Connect after the ride. Plan on trying Komoot for some route maps this coming cycling season.

Wife and I are both big Pixel fans. Charge port broke on hers so needed a new one. The 6 just got way too hudge so she reluctantly switched to an Apple. The iPhone 13 Mini. And I gotta say, they nailed it with this one. She still is getting used to iOS. So many great things about Android and Pixel phones that there are some sacrifices but overall the 13 Mini really is a great phone. The size is SSOOOOOO much better than anything with Android these days. I like using my phone with one hand too. Hate the phablet trend. I'm gonna cry when my Pixel 3 needs to be replaced.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using TGR Forums mobile app

I’m not completely in love with my Pixel six. I find myself swiping the wrong way often, either up, down, or sideways, and erasing things from the screen, etc. The audio with headphones is also not great, but I had a sick DAC phone with the LG.
    I also prefer having a micro SD and an actual headphone jack, but I’m a dinosaur, apparently.
    I’m sure I will get used to it. Battery life is fantastic with Strava, though.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Yeah, I love my pixel 3. Been a great phone and takes amazing photos. Does your wife still use all the google apps (photos, maps, etc)? That and the stupid charger cord are my biggest hesitations. My whole fam in on android and want to stay on google photos.

Quote Originally Posted by MontuckyFried View Post
    Wife and I are both big Pixel fans. Charge port broke on hers so needed a new one. The 6 just got way too hudge so she reluctantly switched to an Apple. The iPhone 13 Mini. And I gotta say, they nailed it with this one. She still is getting used to iOS. So many great things about Android and Pixel phones that there are some sacrifices but overall the 13 Mini really is a great phone. The size is SSOOOOOO much better than anything with Android these days. I like using my phone with one hand too. Hate the phablet trend. I'm gonna cry when my Pixel 3 needs to be replaced.

Can't you just install google photos on iOS?

You can, I'm just wondering how well it works.

Quote Originally Posted by The Tortoise View Post
    Can't you just install google photos on iOS?

Yeah, I love my pixel 3. Been a great phone and takes amazing photos. Does your wife still use all the google apps (photos, maps, etc)? That and the stupid charger cord are my biggest hesitations. My whole fam in on android and want to stay on google photos.
    Yeah. She's still using her Google apps and they seem to work ok, but she's working on making the transition to icloud. At least transitioning from one ecosystem to another isn't quite as painful as it used to be.

Also, Apple Maps still sucks ass. Those guys at Cupertino should just give up on that one already. Haha.

As for the charge cord, while it is some bullcrap that we don't get the USB-C port on the phone side like they get in Europe, at least the adapter side is intended for USB-C, so she was able to continue using her Pixel charger and not pay up for the Apple one they don't even freaking include any more.

Thanks - good info!