Page 80 of 97 FirstFirst ... 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 ... LastLast
Results 1,976 to 2,000 of 2405

Thread: What phone now?

Quote Originally Posted by slcdawg View Post
    Tell me about it. I've been on the phone with Verizon for about 15-16 hours total the last two weeks trying to sort this out. Trying to add a line and update a phone. Seems pretty simple but they make it really hard.
    That's why I went into a Verizon store. Their website is difficult to find and use the deals that they are advertising.

Quote Originally Posted by slcdawg View Post
    Do you guys with the P6/P6P have a man purse? Seriously, does it fit in your jeans/shorts pocket?
    Indeed. New phones just keep being huge. I guess I'll just hold onto my S10E until it fully dies.

Why is it so hard to do a smallish phone with a headphone jack and SD slot these days?
    ride bikes, climb, ski, travel, cook, work to fund former, repeat.

I got to play this game yesterday. Past three upgrades have been bought aftermarket and sim card swaps. My Galaxy S8 battery was swelling for the past year, so much the side split open and the glass on the back was shattered. Battery health still said 100% good LOL.

Of course the Verizon ads say trade in your old phone in any condition for a FREE upgrade.

Get there, yep my phone qualifies. Picked out the regular S22. Then they ask if I want to pay in full or no interest 36 month financing.. LOL WUT??? Bait and switch, no "free" phones even though mine "qualifies". Now the deal is I get it for $400 instead of $800. Ya, fuck, I need a phone ASAP before this one catches on fire so signed the agreement.

Oddly our family bill actually went down by a few cents so something changed for the better.

So, day 2 of adding all the apps that Smart Switch didn't bring over (even though I backed it all up Friday) and hacking back in to all the shit I can't remember passwords for. Also just changed internet SPs so having to change those emails in my profile as well to get authentications.

Going from S8 to S22 is a big nothing burger. Underwhelmed, LOL. It's a little thinner and lighter weight. But pretty much everything works exactly the same. Only thing I really like better is the fingerprint scanner is no longer right next to the fucking camera lens.. Camera les on the S8 was always coated in fingerprints hahahaha.

Planning to roll with this S22 at least 5 years, until retirement most likely...
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

WTD, T Mobile told me my trusty Note 5 will not work anymore come July due to a network 5G upgrade. Suggestions? I would like to stick with t mobile.

Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    WTD, T Mobile told me my trusty Note 5 will not work anymore come July due to a network 5G upgrade. Suggestions? I would like to stick with t mobile.
    Not sure why that is, it is an LTE phone and they are not dropping 4G LTE, unless because it also was GSM HSPA and had 2G and 3G bands that they are shutting down for the 5G spectrum and no way of having it do all it needs to on 4G LTE offering.

How much do you use the Note stylus and specific features- Samsung Ultra S22 or the latest Note 20 would be of course 2 to check out.

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    I got to play this game yesterday. Past three upgrades have been bought aftermarket and sim card swaps. My Galaxy S8 battery was swelling for the past year, so much the side split open and the glass on the back was shattered. Battery health still said 100% good LOL.

Of course the Verizon ads say trade in your old phone in any condition for a FREE upgrade.

Get there, yep my phone qualifies. Picked out the regular S22. Then they ask if I want to pay in full or no interest 36 month financing.. LOL WUT??? Bait and switch, no "free" phones even though mine "qualifies". Now the deal is I get it for $400 instead of $800. Ya, fuck, I need a phone ASAP before this one catches on fire so signed the agreement.

Oddly our family bill actually went down by a few cents so something changed for the better.

So, day 2 of adding all the apps that Smart Switch didn't bring over (even though I backed it all up Friday) and hacking back in to all the shit I can't remember passwords for. Also just changed internet SPs so having to change those emails in my profile as well to get authentications.

Going from S8 to S22 is a big nothing burger. Underwhelmed, LOL. It's a little thinner and lighter weight. But pretty much everything works exactly the same. Only thing I really like better is the fingerprint scanner is no longer right next to the fucking camera lens.. Camera les on the S8 was always coated in fingerprints hahahaha.

Planning to roll with this S22 at least 5 years, until retirement most likely...
    I think you'll grow to appreciate it. I dig the S22 Ultra because it has all the bells, whistles, speed, camera, etc etc etc and....I've had absolutely no issues with it. It's extremely reliable, has taken a decent beating, and simply never freezes, shuts down, etc. I'm really digging mine and have had it since November, give or take. Battery is solid (not great) but it charges quickly.
    "All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."

swapping service from AT&T to Verizon

costs a bit more but better service

long time Iphone user

can get a free phone

stay with Iphone or go to Android?

the phone in my hand is a few years old

I’m not locked into Iphone

ok with Android
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

I don’t really love my Pixel 6.
    There, I said it.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

I just got an iPhone 13 pro and the battery life is incredible. I tried the android thing years ago and liked the platform but I just have way too much music uploaded in iTunes that the switch just didn’t work for me.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums

I held onto my old iPhone SE for a really long time because they didn’t make the smaller size for several years. I got the 13 mini last year and it’s been great so far. Screen is great. Battery life is amazing. Camera is a big upgrade. I don’t ask a lot from my phones beyond that to be honest. So far so good I guess

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    There, I said it.
    I'm still running the 3, and people don't seem wowed by the 6, hoping by the time my 3 dies there will be something better.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    I'm still running the 3, and people don't seem wowed by the 6, hoping by the time my 3 dies there will be something better.
    I'm running a 2 but it's getting weak in the winter. Not sure what my plan is yet, either replace the battery or new phone.

so

Verizon

with my old phone maybe

what does a new iPhone do for me really?
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

Ok, I have a dumb Q, and I have done my searches trying to find an answer. When I am mountain biking with my Pixel 6, I want to completely lock the screen so it doesn’t waste battery or go to airplane or something. But if anything touches the screen, or the Google button, it lights up. I listen to music and use Strava, so it actually has to be on.
    My LG had a power button, no problem.
    Any tips?

Quote Originally Posted by abraham View Post
    I'm running a 2 but it's getting weak in the winter. Not sure what my plan is yet, either replace the battery or new phone.
    I replaced the battery on my 3 a month ago. Phone was still performing fine, but the battery was shit. For $75, I hopefully will eke out a lot more time.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Ok, I have a dumb Q, and I have done my searches trying to find an answer. When I am mountain biking with my Pixel 6, I want to completely lock the screen so it doesn’t waste battery or go to airplane or something. But if anything touches the screen, or the Google button, it lights up. I listen to music and use Strava, so it actually has to be on.
    My LG had a power button, no problem.
    Any tips?
    I must be misunderstanding something, my Pixel 6 has a power button. The top one blacks out the screen and to reactivate it after a touch I need to fingerprint or put in a code. If the screen is touched without those it goes back off after 15 seconds.

Overall, I like this phone and haven't come up with much not to like. Wow? Maybe not but what does it take to make you think wow when you think about a phone?

Quote Originally Posted by ~mikey b View Post
    so

Verizon

with my old phone maybe

what does a new iPhone do for me really?
    How old is your old phone?

I just updated from an iPhone 8 Plus to a 13 pro max. The things I notice are 5G speeds plus generally better connections than the old phone got, even when connecting at 4G speeds.

Much better battery life.

Improved camera.

About it.

There, I said it.
    I have the 5 and it's amazing. Nice compact size. All day battery life. great camera.

I'm thinking my Pixel 3a is equivalent to the old Nokia phones. I hope to stick with it but the forced obsolescence will get me.

Quote Originally Posted by gravitylover View Post
    I must be misunderstanding something, my Pixel 6 has a power button. The top one blacks out the screen and to reactivate it after a touch I need to fingerprint or put in a code. If the screen is touched without those it goes back off after 15 seconds.

Overall, I like this phone and haven't come up with much not to like. Wow? Maybe not but what does it take to make you think wow when you think about a phone?
    I am sure most of my dislikes are operator error. One is the predictive touch when I’m typing, if I accidentally slide my finger off of the intended letter or number, it makes gobbledygook. The fingerprint sensitivity was so terrible, even with the sensitivity function turned up, I had to ditch the glass protector. (This is a common complaint)
    I guess I want the screen to not activate at all when accidentally touched by myself or something in my bike bag?
    But finally, compared to the LG (which had an amazing DAC circuit), the audio with my wireless headphones kind of sucks.
    Which leads to… no 3.5 headphone Jack. Sure, there are dongles, buuut…

But finally, compared to the LG (which had an amazing DAC circuit), the audio with my wireless headphones kind of sucks.
    Google says the dac issue is software not hardware, and will be fixed in a June update. Theoretically...

I just wish Asus would make the Zenfone 8 in a Verizon compatible version. I'd buy one tomorrow.
    ride bikes, climb, ski, travel, cook, work to fund former, repeat.

Quote Originally Posted by climberevan View Post
    I just wish Asus would make the Zenfone 8 in a Verizon compatible version. I'd buy one tomorrow.
    Asus has always been GSM and AT&T/T-Mobile mostly... They never have had Verizon in all the years. Maybe closer now that everything is going 5G and different bands and not CDMA of years past...

Quote Originally Posted by Brownski View Post
    I held onto my old iPhone SE for a really long time because they didn’t make the smaller size for several years. I got the 13 mini last year and it’s been great so far. Screen is great. Battery life is amazing. Camera is a big upgrade. I don’t ask a lot from my phones beyond that to be honest. So far so good I guess
    x2. Battery life on the 2nd Gen SE was unacceptable for taking video in the snow, 13 Mini is actually slightly smaller but thicker, runs for 3 days on one charge, camera is great . . .

Quote Originally Posted by simple View Post
    I'm thinking my Pixel 3a is equivalent to the old Nokia phones. I hope to stick with it but the forced obsolescence will get me.
    Pixel 3a gang in the house! I had some lint in the USB-C port that was making it tricky to charge, I finally got it out with a whittled down toothpick and now it seems like it's going to live forever. I saw a rumor they killed the headphone port in the 6a, so now I have to keep my 3a until I die