Page 87 of 97 FirstFirst ... 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 ... LastLast
Results 2,151 to 2,175 of 2405

Thread: What phone now?

Quote Originally Posted by ~mikey b View Post
    turn it off
    and
    turn it on
    Right. Physically restart the phone, not just "put it to sleep" as you normally would.
    https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201559

That did not work.

There is a Verizon place about 30 miles away. I will stop by after skiing tomorrow.

FUCK APPLE
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    This is probably the wrong thread, but…

FUCK APPLE. Last week my iPhone downloaded an updated iOS into my phone while I was sleeping. Now my Apple Car Play does not work on my 2018 Chevy. Worked great before this new iOS. I’m a tech JONG and have no idea how to fix this.
    New car obviously. As everyone loves their Apples and they just work... ;-)
    Check to see if there are any updates to your Chevy available for the Car Play firmware and all maybe. Google Search to see if others are having issues with the Chevy model and year you have maybe also.

Pre-ordered the s23 Ultra today. After using both the S22 Ultra and the Pixel 7, I think Samsung is still the undisputed king of the premium android. I really, really wanted to love the Pixel but it was so damned glitchy.

Looking forward to the lowlight camera functionality on the S23.
    "All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."

If you want a very good phone (IMO) and don't want to spend a bunch, try the Motorola 5G phone I mentioned a few pages back. What a great phone for the $$$.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    If you want a very good phone (IMO) and don't want to spend a bunch, try the Motorola 5G phone I mentioned a few pages back. What a great phone for the $$$.
    Which one of these 3, too many mentioned. They dropped their price again since last month or 2. https://www.motorola.com/us/compare-...to-g-stylus-5g

I would never buy a Motorola over a Pixel. Just my experience over the years

Quote Originally Posted by RShea View Post
    Which one of these 3, too many mentioned. They dropped their price again since last month or 2. https://www.motorola.com/us/compare-...to-g-stylus-5g
    Motorola 5G Stylus. Simple I have never had a Pixel but have read about many glitches on the newer models where as the 5G stylus has been perfect for me so far.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Uniherz Jelly 2 if you're looking to break the addiction. You can text on it and spotify and maps work but the screen is so small you won't want to do any actual "internet" stuff on it.

Got my Pixel 5a going. Seems like a mild upgrade to the Pixel 3a that has been flaw free for 3 years. Exact same form factor with fingerprint on the rear, wired charging, and headphone jack. 128gb onboard is nice upgrade from 32gb. Specs say battery should last much longer.

I would never buy a Pixel over a moto again. I had. Pixel 3a and it was alright, but didn't blow me away. But then the battery started getting worn. I switched back to moto.

What phone now?

Update on my Apple Car Play problem:

Went to Verizon, they looked my phone over, did some stuff, declared phone was OK. They asked if they could try it in my car and immediately found the problem. Settings menu on my Infotainment screen did not show CarPlay installed.

Pushed my OnStar button and got a nice person who transferred me to a tech person. They did some troubleshooting which was cool, you could see them remotely changing things on my screen. They said yes, I do have a problem, told me their tech team would work on it and get back to me.

A week later I got a phone call from Chevy tech team saying they loaded some new software into my dash overnight via OnStar. They had me do a reset on my dash (engine off, key on, open driver door, put left hand on hip, right hand on head, spin around clockwise 3 times singing I’m A Little Teapot) and my dash flashed and bingo I had CarPlay back.

So the problem was Chevy all along. I would say FUCK CHEVY but they did fix it for free with no dealer visit required.

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

I hate all cell phones/smart phones. The Moto I have is the phone I have hated the least.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

What phone now?

Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post
    I hate all cell phones/smart phones. The Moto I have is the phone I have hated the least.
    I was wearing my GRTF vest when I pressed the OnStar button.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    Update on my Apple Car Play problem:

Went to Verizon, they looked my phone over, did some stuff, declared phone was OK. They asked if they could try it in my car and immediately found the problem. Settings menu on my Infotainment screen did not show CarPlay installed.

Pushed my OnStar button and got a nice person who transferred me to a tech person. They did some troubleshooting which was cool, you could see them remotely changing things on my screen. They said yes, I do have a problem, told me their tech team would work on it and get back to me.

A week later I got a phone call from Chevy tech team saying they loaded some new software into my dash overnight via OnStar. They had me do a reset on my dash (engine off, key on, open driver door, put left hand on hip, right hand on head, spin around clockwise 3 times singing I’m A Little Teapot) and my dash flashed and bingo I had CarPlay back.

So the problem was Chevy all along. I would say FUCK CHEVY but they did fix it for free with no dealer visit required.
    So a new car may in fact been a fix

Glad they got it straightened out without doing the drop it off at the dealer and leave it for the day... Remote Onstar and all.

Pixel 3 seems to like randomly changing settings on me. The recent annoying one is audio has defaulted to wired headphones setting rather and won't let me change it to use external speaker. So unless I'm connected to a Bluetooth speaker I can't get any sound. Anyone experienced this and know how to fix it?

Googling the issue suggests dirty head phone port could be a cause, so I cleaned it. I've never plugged headphones in. Have restarted. In the past the issue would be the phone defaulting to Bluetooth devices that werent powered on. In this case it does not list "external speaker" anywhere as an available option to switch to. And under Audio in settings there is no setting I can select. The only way I get any external audio is I can still turn on the speaker during a phone call. So it does still work...

Should I do a quick flip to Mint so I can get a cheap phone from Xfinity?

Does anyone have the Pixel 7a? Seems like it's been getting pretty good reviews.

Quote Originally Posted by evdog View Post
    Pixel 3 seems to like randomly changing settings on me. The recent annoying one is audio has defaulted to wired headphones setting rather and won't let me change it to use external speaker. So unless I'm connected to a Bluetooth speaker I can't get any sound. Anyone experienced this and know how to fix it?

Googling the issue suggests dirty head phone port could be a cause, so I cleaned it. I've never plugged headphones in. Have restarted. In the past the issue would be the phone defaulting to Bluetooth devices that werent powered on. In this case it does not list "external speaker" anywhere as an available option to switch to. And under Audio in settings there is no setting I can select. The only way I get any external audio is I can still turn on the speaker during a phone call. So it does still work...
    It won't help you now, but I highly recommend using port plugs if there's a port you don't frequently use. I'm a dusty beast, my phone lives in my pocket, and I've learnt this the hard way. I prefer a case that has built in port plugs, but those are hard to come by for the cheap Moto phones that I buy.

Use soft dental picks to clean ports. Unbelievable how much dust packs in those ports.

Quote Originally Posted by Cocximus View Post
    Use soft dental picks to clean ports. Unbelievable how much dust packs in those ports.
    Yes, however, wouldn't it be better to not have to?

Quote Originally Posted by evdog View Post

My Pixel 3 was doing that too a few months back! I don't know what fixed it, whether it was cleaning the port, a software update, removing a wonky app, or what, BUT the problem did go away completely thank goodness. Buuuuuuut, then my port died completely. I wonder if the problem's related. From what I've read, if it's not a dirty port issue, it's likely a matter of the connection coming loose. It IS repairable by replacing the charge port but it's kind of involved. Cheap part at least. I've overcome the nuisance by investing in a Pixel Stand 2 wireless charger. Now that I've grown accustomed to the stand, I'm actually annoyed I hadn't spent the coin on it long before! That thing is rad. Charges pretty fast and puts in some kind of docking mode with a different screen you can customize to your liking.

But now my formerly outstanding battery has become kind of crap lately so have been considering replacing the phone, but I have to be honest. There's not a single phone on the market I think I like as much as this one. The performance is still fantastic, the size isn't too obnoxious, camera's great, it still gets the latest Android OS updates, and still checks all the right boxes for me. I looked at the new Pixel 7a, but it's wireless charging capability isn't even as good as my 3, nor is it the same "premium" feel. The 7 looks pretty good but it felt too jumbo for my taste when I checked it out at Best Buy.

I'm half tempted to just pony up for a battery and charge port replacement. The 3 is a great phone. This forum recommended it to me like 4 years ago and I still love it, so thanks for the solid recommendation, folks! Just say "no" to needless e-waste!

I replaced my Pixel 3 battery a year ago, it was worth it. However, my phone definitely lags at times now, so I've finally decided to consider getting a new phone. Maybe the 7a.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Yeah, my pixel 3a started lagging pretty bad so bought a pixel 6a on sale last Nov, didn't bother turning it on until April. Took me awhile to adapt to new "features", but mostly ok with them now. Cameras are much nicer than 3a. Charging takes forever and doesn't seem to have any better battery life than the 3a when it was new. My take is google chips are not as good as qualcomm. Hopefully got better with 7. Haven't really noticed any benefits of 5g. I would still pick pixel, because bloatware on other android phones drives me nuts.

Quote Originally Posted by 406 View Post
    Yeah, my pixel 3a started lagging pretty bad so bought a pixel 6a on sale last Nov, didn't bother turning it on until April. Took me awhile to adapt to new "features", but mostly ok with them now. Cameras are much nicer than 3a. Charging takes forever and doesn't seem to have any better battery life than the 3a when it was new. My take is google chips are not as good as qualcomm. Hopefully got better with 7. Haven't really noticed any benefits of 5g. I would still pick pixel, because bloatware on other android phones drives me nuts.
    I have a Pixel 6a, and IIRC it didn't come with a wall charger block, just a cable. I'm using the "fast" charger block from my old Motorola, and it seems to go pretty quickly - are you using a high power charger?
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.