Page 83 of 97 FirstFirst ... 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 ... LastLast
Results 2,051 to 2,075 of 2406

Thread: What phone now?

I'm still running the 3, but a 6 or 7 is probably in my future
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    I forgot to mention I got a Motorola G Stylus 5G phone a few weeks ago for $200 with a headphone jack. Awesome phone. Honestly is faster than my laptop and has a great screen. I am blown away by how good it is for the money paid.
    I'm considering picking up one of these -- there are pretty good sales on now. Anyone else using one? Likes/ dislikes?

I have a Moto G Power (2020 version IIRC -- not the most current version), which has been fine so far, but is showing some signs of battery weakening.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    I'm considering picking up one of these -- there are pretty good sales on now. Anyone else using one? Likes/ dislikes?

I have a Moto G Power (2020 version IIRC -- not the most current version), which has been fine so far, but is showing some signs of battery weakening.
    Ya, I got a Power, I think it's the 2021. It was awesome at first. Now the battery life is meh. But I'm a known battery killer. So 'meh' for me means it's now down to what a normal phone gets.

I upgraded my pixel 3 to a 7 a couple weeks ago and really like the 7 so far. Being a fan of smaller phones, I decided to wait when the 6 was released in hopes that the7 would be smaller. While its only a little smaller than the 6, its definitely more manageable. I know there have been reports of issues for some 7 users, but I haven't had any. Very pleased with camera and battery life and was happy to stick with pixel to get call screening, etc.

I'm likely to make a similar switch, still have a 3.
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

I really liked my 3 and was worried about going to a bigger phone, but haven't even noticed it. The difference in battery life from a 4 year old phone with original battery is stunning.

I replaced the battery in my phone ~6 months ago, it was pretty close to unusable and I decided to pay $70 and keep rolling with it.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post

So far I am loving that phone. Battery often lasts me 2 days (not always on it) and it is fast now that I have 5G and the wifi at home. Excellent screen resolution (no lags), very good camera and the 3.5 phone jack was what I really wanted.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

good to know someone is liking the pixel 7. I thought I compared online and size was the same as the pixel 3a that I have? I'm also not wanting anything larger. Don't really have any issues with the 3a, other than lag loading apps since app developers continue to make them more bloated but less functional. Might hold off, but end of year sale on pixel 7 is tempting.

On my first day with a Pixel 7 Pro. Used an old S10 to trade at TMobile so I'm in it $100. Coming from an S20 FE which I really liked. Size is almost identical between the two.

I'm not totally sold as I didn't realize how used to the Samsung UI I had gotten. Had previously used the Pixel 3a XL and enjoyed it before it died.

Initial dislikes

1. Curved screen and shiny back are stupid. I'm not sure why they would give the Pro a worse finish than the standard pixel. No one likes curved screens, so I'm not sure why any company would use them.
    2. Some weird design choices in UI. Google search can't be moved from the bottom. Far less intuitive than top of screen. Same with the settings menu.

Runs fine, battery is fine. Camera is nice with lots of great options. We'll see if I keep it. Here's a picture sample from this morning.

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by phatty View Post
    On my first day with a Pixel 7 Pro. Used an old S10 to trade at TMobile so I'm in it $100. Coming from an S20 FE which I really liked. Size is almost identical between the two.

I'm not totally sold as I didn't realize how used to the Samsung UI I had gotten. Had previously used the Pixel 3a XL and enjoyed it before it died.

Initial dislikes

1. Curved screen and shiny back are stupid. I'm not sure why they would give the Pro a worse finish than the standard pixel. No one likes curved screens, so I'm not sure why any company would use them.
    2. Some weird design choices in UI. Google search can't be moved from the bottom. Far less intuitive than top of screen. Same with the settings menu.

Runs fine, battery is fine. Camera is nice with lots of great options. We'll see if I keep it. Here's a picture sample from this morning.

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk
    Only way iirc to move or get rid of the Google search bar is Nova launcher. I fucking hate the Google search bar.

yeah, I used to hate that stupid search bar, but I've learned to completely ignore its existence.

I can't ignore it. It's a waste of space for something I never use. Searches are done with DDG in the DDG browser.

Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    So far I am loving that phone. Battery often lasts me 2 days (not always on it) and it is fast now that I have 5G and the wifi at home. Excellent screen resolution (no lags), very good camera and the 3.5 phone jack was what I really wanted.
    Thanks. I'm still looking and watching as the black Friday sales come along.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Quote Originally Posted by riser4 View Post
    I can't ignore it. It's a waste of space for something I never use. Searches are done with DDG in the DDG browser.
    I use google for search, but I do it in a browser (chrome).

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    I use google for search, but I do it in a browser (chrome).
    Heathen.

If anyone is in the market for refurbished iPhones, the 12 series especially the 12 Pro and 12 Pro Max have dropped from ~$700 down to ~$500 in the last 6 weeks depending on the storage capacity. Seems to have flatlined for now, but a good time to buy.

After owning a Pixel and Pixel 3 I switched to the iPhone 14 Pro. I am happy so far.

Both pixels had their antennas totally shit the bed after ~3 years. Super frustrating that a flagship phone will stop functioning as a phone in such a short time. I also had issues with call quality and terrible volume from the ear piece of both phones. It’s unacceptable if a device can’t perform its primary purpose no matter how many bells and whistles it has.

The iPhone camera is seemingly a downgrade even compared to my 3 but perhaps I am not used to it yet. I really miss the android back gesture. The extra dim was also a nice feature although the iPhone has a much better screen. I had to always run a filter on the pixel to not get headaches. Google apps run faster and smoother on an iPhone than a Pixel.

Other than that, I miss flowx radar. I had a grandfathered subscription from paying a flat fee before it blew up. The Wikipedia app on android is better than iOS. And the iPhone keyboard editing features are not as simple as gboard. Fortunately, it’s easy to overlook all of that when my phone functions well as a phone.

Anyone using an apple watch? Did you spring for the cellular version and add it to your wireless plan? Is it worth it? My wife wants the watch for health monitoring, we're trying to sort a few things. She's used to having her phone with her. I'd like her to be able to use the watch to summon help when she's out for a hike or bike. She had a scary episode this past week and fortunately it was at night and she woke me up [when she fell over].

I had the 3a, gf has the 3. I upgraded to the 5 because I got a deal that I end up paying less. 3 was good but 5 is soo much better. Smaller dimensions with more screen space and the battery lasts way longer.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

I love my Apple Watch and the health monitoring is nice. Finally got my parents to get them as well. However none of us sprung for the cellular feature as we all keep our phones on us.

My 160 pound Dane jumped on me out of the blue and completely knocked me down backwards. The watch detected my fall and was about to dial 911 if I didn’t hit the cancel button. It worked very well. The number one reason of why I hounded my parents to get them. Dad took a header last week down in AZ and the watch dialed 911. He was out and woke up to the community ambulance putting a C collar on him. He’s recovering now and is pretty beat up but man, had he not had the watch….

I’ve got the Apple Watch 6 that I got when I was dealing with afib. Got that cleared up but still like the watch for the other health data. I didn’t not get one with a cellular plan because I usually have my phone with me.

Currently trying to get my mom to get a cellular one. She has a history of passing out for unknown reasons. They never find anything wrong. Thinking the watch will help if no one is around when she passes out and it will gather heart rate and oxygen levels to maybe help figure out what’s going on.

Quote Originally Posted by Flounder View Post
    I’ve got the Apple Watch 6 that I got when I was dealing with afib. Got that cleared up but still like the watch for the other health data. I didn’t not get one with a cellular plan because I usually have my phone with me.

Currently trying to get my mom to get a cellular one. She has a history of passing out for unknown reasons. They never find anything wrong. Thinking the watch will help if no one is around when she passes out and it will gather heart rate and oxygen levels to maybe help figure out what’s going on.
    My wife is working on being someone who passes out for unknown reasons. She's 57. So I'm more than a little concerned.

Quote Originally Posted by ghosthop View Post
    After owning a Pixel and Pixel 3 I switched to the iPhone 14 Pro. I am happy so far.

The extra dim was also a nice feature although the iPhone has a much better screen. I had to always run a filter on the pixel to not get headaches. Google apps run faster and smoother on an iPhone than a Pixel.
    Gotta agree, the 14pro is pretty sweet. The screen on this thing is amazing compared to older iPhones.
    And it’s fast. Things load and work well. The camera, while behind others, is still a huge upgrade. So far so great.

With Verizon giving an $800 trade in the wife and I took advantage. Thinking the kiddo is going to get an upgrade from Santa before she heads to college next year.

Hope Henry is doing well!

The LiDAR on the newer iPhone Pros is the greatest feature you never knew you needed. I’ve become a little 3d model crazy. Actually a great way to share things with people. There are a bunch of apps that make it easy to do, but I’m partial to Polycam.
    Remind me. We'll send him a red cap and a Speedo.