Page 57 of 97 FirstFirst ... 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 ... LastLast
Results 1,401 to 1,425 of 2405

Thread: What phone now?

Quote Originally Posted by climberevan View Post
    I, too, am still loving the LG V30. Headphone jack is non negotiable for me, and now the wide angle lens is, too. Nothing on the new phones is even remotely compelling.

Sent from my VS996 using Tapatalk
    Yeah, what the fuck with no headphone jack? My pixel 2 is awesome, but, jezuz.

Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    I am just curious if any of you World Travelers have tried the the Google assistant translation product. That sure could be helpful if the phone works in Yurpeon cities for me.

Google is the first major tech company to build the Babel fish.

The search company, which is now making a slew of its own hardware products, announced the Google Pixel Buds at a San Francisco event today (Oct. 4). The earbuds connect wirelessly with Google’s latest smartphones, but more importantly, they’re able to access Google Assistant, the company’s virtual personal concierge, which launched exactly a year ago. Through this software, Google claims the earbuds can translate 40 spoken languages nearly in real time—or at least, fast enough to hold a conversation.
    Nope, but downloaded Google translate (works with no connection) and that was pretty handy at times in Spain.

The ironing of Nova Launcher? I ended up putting a DDG search widget at the top of my home screen. However, it is where I choose to put it and I can remove it at will. Unlike Google. One less bit of Google on my Google Fi phone running Google's OS. LOL

Nova launcher is working better for me this time around. And I bought prime.

Nova launcher prime is only $.99 today in the play store
    Brandine: Now Cletus, if I catch you with pig lipstick on your collar one more time you ain't gonna be allowed to sleep in the barn no more!
    Cletus: Duly noted.

Quote Originally Posted by Cruiser View Post
    Nova launcher prime is only $.99 today in the play store
    oh well. I paid 4.99 for it. No bigee. Chump change and it helps support it. I am finding it better this time around. And I am having a harder and harder time remembering what my initial major malfunction was with it. LOL
    I see hydraulic turtles.

Anybody with the Moto G6 care to comment on the camera and battery life?

Quote Originally Posted by yeahman View Post
    Anybody with the Moto G6 care to comment on the camera and battery life?
    Camera is acceptable - I'm not that picky about a cell phone camera. Battery life is great - I recharge every night anyway, but heavy usage all day only seems to use about 50% battery.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

I just upgraded to a Pixel 2 XL. My first gen Pixel is up for grabs. Mag price of $100. Will split shipping.

https://rochester.craigslist.org/mob...780774341.html

Quote Originally Posted by huckbucket View Post
    I just upgraded to a Pixel 2 XL. My first gen Pixel is up for grabs. Mag price of $100. Will split shipping.

https://rochester.craigslist.org/mob...780774341.html
    Aaaanndd .... it's gone. Ebay buy it now for $130. Sorry boys.

I should have sold my phone this way. I traded in my Pixel when I got the Pixel 3 during the Thanksgiving promotion. My phone was in immaculate condition, was always in a case with a screen protector, and they said I could expect $120 in credit if it was in that condition. I just got an email saying my phone was not as described, that it had a "damaged screen", and they were only going to give me $95. Of course, there's nothing I can do about it now except complain. Live and learn (and complain).

Don't trade in your phone. Be smart like huckbucket and sell it yourself.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    I should have sold my phone this way. I traded in my Pixel when I got the Pixel 3 during the Thanksgiving promotion. My phone was in immaculate condition, was always in a case with a screen protector, and they said I could expect $120 in credit if it was in that condition. I just got an email saying my phone was not as described, that it had a "damaged screen", and they were only going to give me $95. Of course, there's nothing I can do about it now except complain. Live and learn (and complain).

Weird. You should complain. I got what was advertised for my Nexus 5x. And I was sure they were going to hassle me. Of course the screen wasn't the issue on mine.

The screen wasn't the issue on mine either!

And yes, I complained. It's all I have.
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

The screen wasn't the issue on mine either!

And yes, I complained. It's all I have.
    Did you complain?

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    Did you complain?
    It's like a Nexus bootloop in here.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

I just upgraded to a pixel 3 from a moto E4. Great camera, great screen, acceptable battery life and impressive quick charge ability. Best of all it seems to be one of the few devices that isn't retardedly oversized.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    It's like a Nexus bootloop in here.
    I have two bricked nexuses. fucking things. One of them had a faulty ballooning battery, and the other had a bad screen. Both were easily replaceable, but the parts I bought were made from pure chinesium, and didn't last.
    ::.:..::::.::.:.::..::.

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    Weird. You should complain. I got what was advertised for my Nexus 5x. And I was sure they were going to hassle me. Of course the screen wasn't the issue on mine.
    I received the full amount from Fi on my Pixel XL and Pixel 2 XL. Trade in kit was waaaay easier for me than dicking around with flaky private buyers.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by wicked_sick View Post
    ...the parts I bought were made from pure chinesium...
    I laughed

Quote Originally Posted by stalefish3169 View Post
    I received the full amount from Fi on my Pixel XL and Pixel 2 XL. Trade in kit was waaaay easier for me than dicking around with flaky private buyers.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using TGR Forums mobile app
    Count yourself lucky. Upon researching this (after the fact), it seems like my experience is pretty typical.

What phone now?

Count yourself lucky. Upon researching this (after the fact), it seems like my experience is pretty typical.
    I had similar with an iPhone 5s and a service promising best buyback prices...any excuse to downgrade the phone quality for credit promised. They claimed they were going to have to replace the glass. That was the least of that phones problems, if any. My stupid (or lazy) tax paid, I guess.

Danno, keep trying. They replaced 2 bricked Nexus phones for free and full credit on the last upgrade I made to a Moto. I've been a customer since early on, might help me but they should still make it right for you.

Sent from my moto x4 using TGR Forums mobile app

In January I traded in two 5Xs for $150/ea with zero issues. Doubt I could have sold them privately for that price given the well known bootloop issues. Kinda crazy that a year later they're offering $120 for Pixels and being dicks about it.

Quote Originally Posted by PowderHorse View Post
    Danno, keep trying. They replaced 2 bricked Nexus phones for free and full credit on the last upgrade I made to a Moto. I've been a customer since early on, might help me but they should still make it right for you.

Sent from my moto x4 using TGR Forums mobile app
    Or he could file a complaint.

Anybody else on an Essential Phone? I've really enjoyed mine.

Um, no.

Keep it.

I recently upgraded from a Galaxy S5 which was a ..... bit.... long.... in the tooth to a Pixel 2. I was heading to Europe and wanted a new phone with a better camera, but, basically a new phone that actually worked, since the S5 essentially became non functional because it was so clogged with crap. Like an old guy in Florida in a wheelchair. Otherwise, I have since found out, it was fine. Too much junk food in the form of junk apps. Very happy with the Pixel 2 with 129G of storage, which I bought because it would be a wait for the Pixel 3, and I was leaving soon. No diff much, I was told. They offered me squat for the S5, as they should have, because, basically, it was way beyond last years model, and looked beat up used, so, I kept it. So, here I am with two wifi devices, one of which texts and makes phone calls. Otherwise, they both do the same shit. One needs a cell connection, one doesn't, but, there is a ton of free wifi everywhere. I cleared the old S5 of everything, pictures, minimal music, tons of stupid apps, and turned it into a GPS device first in Europe. I loaded Here Now, which works off line as an excellent GPS service, I've used it three times now over there, twice in Italy, once now in Spain, all three excellent results. Except for that uppity Brit female voice dripping with contempt for you, you stupid American tourist. Just download the country you're visiting. Have to try it here sometime. Did a direct compare over there to Google Maps. GM sucked in comparison, probably because it's so encumbered by ways to make it profitable. HERE just tells you where to go. Also downloaded Google translate for Spanish, which works off line as an app. Both worked great. Now, the big thing, as we all know with these little computers we have in our pockets, is battery life. GPS sucks the life out of batteries, so, I used the old S5 for directions in cities, still had my Pixel 2 for other things. Essentially, two batteries, and, I carried a supplement battery, so, battery life as no longer an issue. All in all, pretty happy with the dueling phones over there. Now, I get back, and have to drive a lot back and forth to Vermont, listening to music and podcasts, so I relegated the old S5 to, basically, a podcast/music player. I'm a Spotify subscriber, so I downloaded a ton of music to the S5, which works offline, and a lot of podcasts, which do, too. Problem solved there, without using the Pixel (Benny has a '10 Subaru, lacking a modern bluetooth "entertainment center"). Besides, all that crap is not on the Pixel, starting up a whole new "clog up" cycle. Those fucking Apps are like whole wheat pancakes and no coffee. And now I have a bluetooth music player for the lifts that I can be a little more cavalier about using around snow and ice and cold and rocks instead of my shiny new Pixel 2 which I carry all wrapped up and protected and turned off until I need it. Just used this S5 Spotify machine for the first time in the gym as a music player, not too concerned if it gets trashed, fits in a loose pocket. I think you know where I'm going here. These things are powerful wifi devices. Yeah, they make phone calls, but, if they don't, they still do a lot. Why trash it for a hundred bucks? You can still email, surf, if connected to wifi, which is free everywhere.

BTW, I just saw a headline today that we aren't too far off from the 45 MP phone camera, which does not surprise me much at all. Photography is forever altered by these things. But, the one thing I really want, is a case with a simple sliding door to protect the lens from accumulated scuzz over the years. Easy. Does anybody make something like that?

In addition to that, it would be nice to have an affordable case that had covers for all the ports. While not waterproof, a sliding door would keep dust and pocket crud out of the usb-c port.