Page 4 of 97 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: What phone now?

Still the best phone on the market IMO. Just buy one.

Oh, and for current GNex owners, buy this now: http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-ETC-CP...attery+charger

I finally went cordless. Don't have to be plugged in... ever. And I run screen at full brightness and LTE. Used to be stuck on about 15% and 3G to get through a full day (which was doable btw). Now it's never a concern.

Just one more reason why Android is peeing on iPhones: replaceable battery. I never knew how much of a game changer it was till I bought the above item.

Can't believe Apple still won't let you replace batteries. W T F ??

So iceman got the Nexus, huh?
    [quote][//quote]

Quote Originally Posted by Lev View Post
    Its kind of like skis: I've never regretted going with a fatter ski when comparing with a skinnier one.
    closet snowboarder
    Quote Originally Posted by skuba View Post
    you can let it free and be as stupid as possible

Thread Killer
    I would like to see your point of view but I can't get my head that far up your ass.

Shipping on July10th but can be preordered now on line is the new Samsung Galaxy S III in either a 16gb internal or 32 gb internal memory models. Looks like it could be a good choice if it lives up to Samsung's quality and does not have any of the one way audio issues of the Galaxy Nexus.

Quote Originally Posted by gatorboy View Post
    How you like 'em now?
    I like everything about it except it chews through battery pretty fast. If you turn stuff off when you aren't using it (wifi, bluetooth, gps) and install a task killer (I got "Advanced Task Killer Plus", it's a free app), it's not bad but that big screen does need power to run so I kinda gameplan it more than I used to with my old phone, I keep a charger on my desk and one in the car and give it some juice when I can. Otherwise it's pretty awesome. I think I'll pick up that charger that Lev linked, that would be pretty handy.

It takes better pictures than my old phone but has less megapixels, not sure how that works but it does. Haven't run into the one-way audio thang.

Anybody got comments on the Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket? I can get a refurb'd one for ten dolla from att. My old samsung flip phones have been damn near indestructible, the current one I'm looking to replace is going on 5 years old. I have a MB Pro and enjoy Apple products, but am titillated by the better nav systems of googlemaps and open source programming.
    "Nothing like a very, very amorous woman in a leg imobilizer who dozes off every 3 1/2 minutes."
    -Notchtop

I like how iTunes manages my music and movies. Plus, once you have that much movies and music on iTunes,, it is hard to give up.

Never a freeze in 3 years with an iPhone.
    Terje was right.

"We're all kooks to somebody else." -Shelby Menzel

Had the s3 for a week now and I'm never going back to iPhones. Well, maybe, but it has blitzed the field. The iPhone 5 will be apple playing catch up.

b dub....how about now? Still love the S3?

I looked at both the S3 and the 4S....and the S3 is HUDGE compared.

I'm 90% sure that I'm going with the S3 this weekend.

Was checking out iphones for verizon...so now it's basically $100 a month if you want an iphone with them. Yeah...uhh..no.

Thanks to my job, I've tried just about every phone under the sun. My current phone, a Verizon Samsung Galaxy Nexus with ICS. It is by far the best phone I've ever owned. Matter of fact, I liked it so much, I got a Samsung Galaxy Tablet 10.1--equally rad.
    "All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."

Rev, have you tried the Samsung Galaxy S III?

Does Samsung Galaxy s III have all the cool and, more important, free GPS stuff that my Droid X has, and the I Phone doesn't?

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Does Samsung Galaxy s III have all the cool and, more important, free GPS stuff that my Droid X has, and the I Phone doesn't?
    Read the comparison on this site for a comparison between the Apple and Samsung:
    http://versusio.com/en/samsung-galax...iphone-4s-64gb
    and the rumors on Apple Iphone 5 vs Samsung:
    http://www.cnet.com/8301-17918_1-574...it-or-buy-now/

Bought the Galaxy 3S....and so far....couldn't be happier.

Galaxy 3 looks pretty nice.
    I really, really can't stand to have to charge my phone every 12-24 hours. So starting to consider a droid razr max, which has a bigger battery and longer life. But the galaxy 3 does look cool.

Got a cheezy non-droid prepaid GSM phone while on a trip to europe earlier this month. It was refreshing to have a phone last a whole week w/o charge. Back to 1999.

, checking in here since my droid pro is dying. I think my question is Nexus vs. S3. I'm a heavy user and in rough environments as well. Any preferences out there?
    I've concluded that DJSapp was never DJSapp, and Not DJSapp is also not DJSapp, so that means he's telling the truth now and he was lying before.

Just ordered the Galaxy s3 I wanted the Galaxy Nexus but I take a lot of pics with my phone, so the S3 won.
    People should learn endurance; they should learn to endure the discomforts of heat and cold, hunger and thirst; they should learn to be patient when receiving abuse and scorn; for it is the practice of endurance that quenches the fire of worldly passions which is burning up their bodies.
    --Buddha

*))
    ((*
    *))
    ((*

www.skiclinics.com

I picked the Galaxy S3 to replace my 2+ yr old HTC Incredible. It arrived at home, but I haven't had time to mess with anything yet -- will switch over to it this weekend.

It's much larger and thinner than my old phone, and the screen resolution + speed (on the one I played with at the Verizon store) were impressive.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Bonus of everyone buying S3s? I just bought an S2 for ten dolla.
    "Nothing like a very, very amorous woman in a leg imobilizer who dozes off every 3 1/2 minutes."
    -Notchtop

Quote Originally Posted by Horu View Post
    Bonus of everyone buying S3s? I just bought an S2 for ten dolla.
    Good deal what's it running?
    People should learn endurance; they should learn to endure the discomforts of heat and cold, hunger and thirst; they should learn to be patient when receiving abuse and scorn; for it is the practice of endurance that quenches the fire of worldly passions which is burning up their bodies.
    --Buddha

*))
    ((*
    *))
    ((*

www.skiclinics.com

Funny thing about that S3: Looks much bigger than my Droid X, but, when I compared them at the store, it's the same width and just a little taller.

What I'm waiting for is some free time to sit down and reload all my apps after I buy. Major first world hassle.

My girls just bought the S3 and it is a pretty slick looking phone. Wife sat still to play with it all day yesterday which is unheard of. I am still addicted to the keyboard on my crackberry and just cant go to a touch screen
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

I heard the earlier samsung's were half-baked with issues in US that were not present in world wide models. can't remember the details at the moment, but it seemed to revolve around memory and tasks.
    looking for a good book? check out mine! as fast as it is gone

Galaxy 3 vs HTC One anyone?
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........