Tahoe Mega Resort!!!

Well almost. For a time in the '60s the dude who designed Les Arc was pretty close to opening a mega resort based out of Hope valley. 4000'+ of true vertical over numerous peaks in some of the gnarliest-gnar anywhere. Imagine trams and gondies taking you right up stevens and red lakes and over to roundtop and beyond, talk about triple-overhead-gnar-extreme. Sadly it didnt happen and we get the Kirkwood valley, which ain;t bad but hardly comparable.

Oh and before you say anything Gimpy, kellie, bcrider, nater, greydon and anyone else. Yes Im lazy and would .love to ride up that shizzle in a tram so many-many laps could be had.

edit: that goes for Sierra Cement too.
    Last edited by hardrider; 02-01-2005 at 07:13 PM.
    steezarific!!

Out of Hope Valley???? Deano, Tele Rob, and I flew that area scouting a possible H2O heli op there years ago, with topo maps in hand hand, marking out potential runs. The best stuff is in the wilderness now. Except like Freil to the valley floor -when there's enough snow in the valley. Is it being considered again? Most we found was 2500- 2800 vert.

There was talk of doing the same thing on the real Mt. Rose about ten years ago, but it was bought out and turned into wilderness.

Yeah, fuck wilderness. God damn hippy mother fuckers lock up our land and don't let anyone but the strong and fit ski it.
    The trumpet scatters its awful sound Over the graves of all lands Summoning all before the throne

Death and mankind shall be stunned When Nature arises To give account before the Judge

You lazy bastahd. Get some freerides, skin,s and avy training and hike or work for your turns. Wilderness is a good thing. Overdevelopment bad.

you guys aren't reading closely. the resort was proposed and scoped back in the 60s development hey-day. it is not being proposed today. Hardrider is just imagining what could have been... and it could have been sick.

les arc is not bad, you decide, that shit whould of been the shit, hardrider foreva
    KUSH ROCKS
    BROOKS ROCKS

I like Hope Valley the way it is - undeveloped.

The cloud of smoke from all the snowmobiles is about the only thing not perfect about that place. It's awesome.

That makes me sick. Keep that Euro Trash across the pond!

....and Hardrider, you skinned up Kirkwood directly below the lift, n'est pas?

Quote Originally Posted by hardrider
    Oh and before you say anything Gimpy, kellie, bcrider, nater, greydon and anyone else. Yes Im lazy and would .love to ride up that shizzle in a tram so many-many laps could be had.

edit: that goes for Sierra Cement too.
    Too funny hardrider!

I was already thinking of a witty response filled with bc venom before I finished reading your post. You know me pretty well for not really knowing me.

As for the tahoe mega resort…it already exists…its called SQUAW VALLEY!

It’s got 6 different peaks, a funitel, an average snowfall over 450 inches, and lots of fancy shopping with overpriced product.

In all seriousness, that proposed resort would have been sick. I can also imagine how rad it would be if the hope Valley Mega Resort was passed in the 60s and Squaw Valley became undeveloped.

ps. you are lazy.
    so many mountains...so little time

www.splitboard.com